Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012

I got to say, having some of the minor issues I've never realized being resolved in V-II (Able to both buy and reuse Idea Chips, for one, as well as having sane SP costs for skills) was a very pleasant surprise. Hopefully Steam users will enjoy playing more Nep games too.

EDIT: Incidentally, if for some really strange reason you don't want Re;Birth 1 on Steam or PSN, GOG also has it available. Still waiting on the other games to pop up there too, even if it's only for a laugh or something.

Ozdhaka fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
I highly recommend just playing Omega Quintet on the easiest difficulty if you only really care about it's story because Order Break can get really stupid.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Also there aren't enough silly Nep mods out there anyway, so go nuts. You aren't the first Nep modder for Stellaris, but you could make something fun for yourself and others that download it.

Shame I don't have the game, sadly; otherwise I would be able to give some actual critique.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Yeah, the hidden chests that you get through Scouting are one-time only per playthrough. It's easy to get back to the same point in your playthrough through NG+; with tutorials auto-skipped and every story cutscene you've already seen skippable, you can get back easily in under 10 hours, even with re-fulfilling True End conditions.

Heads up, GOG has Re; Birth 1 on sale right now for a good six dollars!

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012

the_steve posted:

It wasn't a Scout Chest, it was a regular one, just stuck behind a barrier that you needed the High Jump to get past.
drat, I gotta do some colosseum grinding anyways to get my levels up/afford the PR upgrades.

Yeah, I'm still a bit sad there aren't random findables on the ground like the previous games. IIRC, only the destructible objects respawn, so you'll probably be at the grind for a while. If you know where the Big Metal Dogoo is, you can very easily shortcut the XP grind, at least.

Dehry posted:

For some reason, that's also the only version that includes a palette swap for Compa and IF plus a costume that gives Neptune a pair of shorts.

The DENGEKI outfits don't look TOO bad, though the color scheme fits Peashy more, honestly. Not entirely worth it, but they're there at least.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Unless you're doing the ridiculous post-game DLC, no, you don't really need any of the paid stuff.

Just save yourself some sanity and do a playthrough of the easiest difficulty first, then you can decide if you want to do a full hard-mode playthrough after. If you wish to do so, go max out the weapon proficiencies for everyone and transfer that over at minimum.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Since the game is $4, I think the weapon DLC is worth it, since it'll make the game go even faster.

Well, if you're suggesting things like that, then spending a couple of dollars for the Arcanium and EP power pack 3's would also cut down on the ridiculous grinding. The bottleneck's more on the Arcanium side of things as the game goes on.

Oh, and make sure to spam Cosmic Fan when playing through the game too.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Which neps have the custom texture options and what do they even really do and is that feature on steam? I think I downloaded Cutey Honey and Kamen Rider skins years ago somewhere.

Sadly, the Costume Canvas option is only available for original Nep mk2 (for Nepgear only) and Nep Victory (for all CPUs and CPU Candidates), and there is a note on another post further down about it's functionality. That said, if you know how to mess with the texture packs in the Steam releases, you can also mod in your favorite textures onto the Re;Birth titles. I've never tried messing with my copies, though, so I can't help you on that.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Also you'll run into an early difficulty spike while you're in Lastation for the first time; buy and equip Life Rings when the shop starts selling them, and remember your buffs.

Otherwise, yeah, you can generally wing it, just kill everything you see at least once and make sure you keep accepting new Quests when they pop up. If you care about True Ending, just look up a quick guide, but you can't screw yourself out of it; it'll just make you take a bit longer if you want it.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Seems like people in Japan still can't get it on GOG, though. Was that part of the reason why it took so long to get them on GOG in the first place?

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Well, GOG has started its Spring Sale and all three Re;Births and DLC packs are on sale!

Also, I can't stop making GIFs of Nep enemies. They're too silly and/or adorable; I can't help it :v:

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Yeah, I guess that's a thing now. Wonder how that'll go.

orphean posted:

Also since I doubt any other thread gives the slightest poo poo about IF games I want to post about IF stuff here. Like how I just 100%'ed Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Forces :getin:

Cheers, I just finished mine too. Fun game, though I probably shouldn't have just cheesed the story fights by being significantly higher leveled thanks to DLC dungeons.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
We might be seeing a speedrun marathon for the Neps in a few months.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Moero Chronicle is getting a Steam port, slated for this summer. Welp.

EDIT: With IFI Twitter post to further accent it. Welp x2.

Ozdhaka fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 9, 2017

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Could we have figures of the Makers and Shas too while we're at it? Thanks.

Moero Chronicle has a confirmed Steam launch date: August 16. Welp x3

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Please give or link us your impressions if you go through Moero Chronicle here, thanks. In the meantime, I'll look through the sale myself and see if morbid curiosity will drive me toward any of the ones I'm missing.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
In case you guys missed the Humble Bundle sale, don't worry, Indiegala has you covered.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012

Tamba posted:

Advent Dark Force includes all of the original Fairy Fencer F, so there is no reason to buy that, right?
What's with all the DLC? Are those just cheat items?

Yeah, Advent Dark Force is the very significantly improved remaster of the original, so you don't have to buy and play the original at all.

Some of the DLC involve extra characters joining in, which might be to your taste. A lot of it is just cheatLC or extra outfits and such, not strictly necessary. If you're doing all the cheevos for Re; Birth 2 and 3, the ones that concern the Stella's Dungeon minigame would be helpful (specifically, Histy's Rescue Plans for R;B 2 and Histy's Emergency Aid Plan Pack for R;B 3). You don't need the exp up parts of those packs, but if you just want to powerlevel and ruin the game's difficulty pacing, knock yourself out.

Sakurazuka posted:

I have FGO pre-ordered and I'm starting to think that's a terrible idea

I dunno, the speedrun made it look ok, at least (even when the guy managed to softlock the first time around 50 minutes in; you're only seeing the second run here).

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
The gently caress? Didn't you guys already have one of these sales a few weeks ago?

(Seems the only change I can see so far is who's on the banner for the sale.)

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
GOG sale live, turns out the three Re;Births are notable enough to get it's own dedicated bundle, even though they're the only Nep games available so far on GOG.

Yo, Retroism, can you do us a solid and help get the rest of the Nep games on there too?

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
As a sidenote, Humble Bundle's Fall sale has more Nep games for sale again, along with their other stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Hilariously enough, PC 4GO has characters seemingly doing double damage - "total damage" seems to be about half of the bosses' HP when they go down.