Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Let's Go Big Daddy Walter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vader rules.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/rbtharpe/status/789676761713958912

Not Big Daddy Yum Yum, no buys. :colbert:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

As someone who gave warning a few weeks ago that TNA was going to have a next level death lurch. Like that I can only just give an early warning that indie Wrestling and Wrestling in general's landscape is set to change forever starting next week and not hw you immediately think. :munch:

Sorry but the Tim "Perfect" Storm has already hit the NWA to change wrestling forever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

I honestly know too much about FloSlam to comment on it. But yeah there's been enquiries.

The most interesting thing I want to SEE with my own eyes even after a number of people verifying that it is true is the amount of money EVOLVE is getting per show. Which is still unbelievable to me. Sal is entitled to recoup years of possible losses but I hope the talents see a lot of it. Also Riddle vs Angle.

Do you mean revenue coming in through ticket sales/merchandise and whatnot or FloSlam money?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mob posted:

Like there's supposed to be a difference between young and old Randy Orton?

Skull tattoos.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Revenant Threshold posted:

Yes.

The channel that shows Dave but an hour later is called... Dave ja Vu.

I thought you were making this up.

You were not.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Tito Santana vs. Snitsky. What a world.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It's like Chris Hero broke a ring once, so everyone decided they'd get on the bandwagon of the hot new thing, except the hot new thing is being pathetic and incompetent at something every wrestling anything aside from WCW Backstage Assault did.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

i dont know who started the trend of higher profile indies ironically booking 90's nostalgia guy vs modern names (probably AIW?) but im glad and hope this continues

WWE

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

nvm: Brain missed the part where the update was also talking about the future of AIW.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 10, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

This is a money promo.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

I would pay twenty bucks to see them live stream those fan booking meetings for the meltdowns, though.

Now I want a promotion that does youtube wrestling shows to build to PPV that is just the booking meetings.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

According to the Wrestlecircus people the show went way longer than it was supposed to due to Lucha Bros flight delays.

Whether that's true or something they made up to cover for how the biggest criticism was Too Long, who knows, but we'll see what happens with their next live show.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

So Rush wants to be close to home yet has interest in NJPW? I know that doesn't mean interest doesn't mean much in terms of where he will actually go but..I was puzzled by those two statements.

He is willing to sacrifice some things for the right opportunity.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Forget Wrestlecircus, watch Hoodslam.

https://www.twitch.tv/hoodslam

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i'm not sure which of those matches i'm more excited about

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Phenix Rising posted:

It was still shorter than their other shows. I know they had 8 scheduled, then the pre-show match with a dude named Meatball, a "match where Lance Hoyt kicked him once then won, then Hoyt's open challenge.

So technically yes, but even still it was done by 10:30 which meant we got to get chilli dogs and milkshakes before Sandy's closed. It was a good night.

The latest Wrestlecircus show had a crowd that I was actually certain existed for the main event, which is a massive improvement from the past twitch ones.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So WCPW pretty much ended up killing WhatCulture period.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

the cease and desist will probably result in higher sales than normal for whatever they come up with to replace the too sweet

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

more attention needs to be drawn to this roster page

I'm not sure who my favorite roster member is.

It might be Paul Roma.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

J-Ru, I ask that we ban all discussion of EVOLVE from our forums beyond 3 posts per thread, in order to be in accordance with the new policies of EVOLVE.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm not sure if the fall of TNA was part of the indie rise or a consequence, but once they started their total collapse (2013-2014) it felt like the door really opened up for everybody else to be the WWE alternative.

At least to me, I have no evidence for this other than feelings.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Great Power Uti is a murderer, and I don't know how to handle that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I mean, as long as they're selling the way they do and don't move to a new venue, they might as well.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Well that post-WhatCulture career has gone well. I appreciate that wrestling will never lose the constant state of 'everyone loses horribly'.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 27, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

is that you in the ramen shirt

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

It is nothing nefarious it is a health issue. And apparently they are done for good.

Wait who is done for good?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Bullet Club presents Eat Balls 2018

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Maine is smelly.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

does he look better than he did in march?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I cannot imagine the thought process that would lead to a human being disliking Sid.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Who's scheduled to appear? Tessa, Young Bucks, Cody..Stephen Amell..and that's it so far, right?

Omega, Page, and Scurll.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

MLW continues bringing in people, Colonel Rob Parker is gonna upgrade his "Stud Stable" from a fat blondes tag called The Dirty Blondes with (yes he was billed like this by Parker) "Bellator fighter" Jake Haeger.

Okay this is the best gimmick ever.

The only way it could be better is if it were RIZIN fighter Jake Haeger.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

go and say hi to tony schiavone

tell him your friends are watching all of the nitros and it's so sad hearing the soul get sucked out of him by lovely booking

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Did All In really sell out this quick?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

if you try to buy a single "best available" ticket it says there are none available

Cody for Hall of Fame as promoter/wrestler.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Young Bucks worked for TNA and faced all of those issues AND could barely feed their families.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

I thought Lee was in TNA and hasn't done indies since, much like Eddie Edwards.

Trevor Lee was a hot prospect.

Then he had an okay tag match with the Eddie and Davey in TNA and the hype train got derailed in a hurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Billy Gunn is going to win the ROH Title, leading up to the Tanahashi/Gunn title vs. title rematch at MSG.