Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

Whoreson Welles posted:

Okay, last question I think and then I'm going to pull the trigger and get this build done.

Has anyone dealt with the NZXT H210 cases? I've looked at the Sliger and NCase stuff and while they are super nice, I think they're pretty far outside my budget. The H210 looks like it should fit my space, as well as let me keep my Corsair 650W ATX power supply that I already have instead of ordering a new SF600 (unless the SF600 is vital to an ITX build for some reason).

Watch the Gamers Nexus review on the H200 case. They talk about greatly improved temps with an sfx over atx psu in the case. Maybe adding a lower intake fan to the case will help with the higher temps when using the atx psu.

I think if I were building in one of the larger itx cases, I would build in the Nano S.

Canna Happy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

Lungboy posted:

Does standard ram like Vengeance and Ballistix count as low profile for fitting underneath a Black Ridge cooler?

You need to have vlp ram to fit under the Black Ridge when using a 120mm fan mounted below. It looks like there is 33mm of clearance when you use a 92mm below or a fan on top. So your normal small heatsink ram like lpx or sport lt will fit in the two later configs.

Black Ridge on a z390 phantom with corsair lpx.
https://i.imgur.com/lRPpYUi.jpg

Canna Happy fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 2, 2020

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

My ncase has been in transit for 13 days without reaching us customs. So agonizingly slow.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

I think all the geeek cases are weak because they all use that same x bar to mount the panels. I don't think the cougar qbx or the sg13 can be beat in the budget area.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Lungboy posted:

I managed to get myself out of the rabbit hole of small run, expensive cases (thanks in large part to the crappy Velkase experience) and settled on a standard case. So i now have the following on the way:
PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (£104.88 @ More Computers)

I don't know if its a big deal to you since you're using 1000/2000 chip, but people in the amd thread are having troubles with ryzen 3000 chips and that motherboard.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Yeah, matx is dead.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Tab8715 posted:

I hit the trigger earlier,

- Dan A4 Case from Overclockers.co.uk
- Silverstone SFX-L V2.0 500W
- Alpenfohn Black Ridge Low Profile CPU Cooler - 120mm

The things I still need to figure out,

- Low Profile RAM. The 120MM Heatsink may not fit unless I use low profile, very low profile or ultra low profile memory. Finding this is incredibly difficult.

- Custom Cables. All of the shorter custom Dan A4 Power Supply cables are sold out.

- Additional case fans. I'll build the system out and see if they're needed.

- CPU Heatsink fan direction. Exhaust or Intake?

- Motherboard clearance. I may have to do some careful modification of rear IO Cover.

I don't think you're going to be able to fit a fan under a sfx-l psu in the dan. I'd personally go with an sfx unit.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

I'm bored with my intel Ncase build and want to try something different. Would anyone be interested in a silver v6.1 and a noctua nh-c14 (non s)? I'm going to build an open loop atx am4 system to mess around with zen 3000/4000, so I'd be willing to do some trading as well. I figured I would ask here before posting elsewhere. I'm in the Portland area and could drive a fair distance, but I can also ship in the original packaging etc.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Yeah, super high temps in prime95 isn't something to really worry about.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

The best way to fill and bleed without a res is to have a t line. That's how I used to build loops back in the day with pond pumps etc.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

If I were looking for a case right now, I’d be waiting for a review of the cooler master nr200 before I bought anything.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

If I really want a SFF case but don't want to be ridiculously constrained with regards to physical building space, upgrade options or potentially high thermals/noise, and am also going to wait until the next gen GPUs come out before I build a computer, would it make sense for me to order an NCase M1 now just to have it on hand whenever I'm finally ready? Because it seems like the best combination between form, function and is currently available for preorders to be posted at the end of the month.

I'd buy one of those NR200s and put the extra 140 dollars you save into other parts.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Sagacity posted:

What would be a good alternative cooler for this case?

Dark rock pro 4 with the top cover removed should fit.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

This is good.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Sliger CL520
Pros: Smallest of the three choices. In stock.
Cons: Would need to replace my ID-COOLING IS-60 and my 120x25 mm case fans. Probably can't safely cram my 2.5" SSD in it, so would need to switch to an M.2 SSD.

Why not a CL530? Fits your cooler with a 25mm fan, can use 120x25mm fans with 2 slot gpu and holds two 2.5"?

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Skyarb posted:

What is a good gfx/cpu to target for 1080p 60fps?

Intel 10400 and a 1660? If you want intel/NVidia. 10100 also works for a budget build.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Amazon has the new silverstone 750w platinum psu in stock. I can’t find any reviews really, but it’s probably decent?

SilverStone Technology SX750 750W SFX Fully Modular 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply SST-SX750-PT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PHGCDZH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_ptXZFbZ3JFCBY

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Resonance22 posted:

Just wanted to update the thread that I ended up going with that $120 Cooler Master SFX V650 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FBBQERG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

Unfortunately, it's loud as gently caress.

Add the new silverstone sx750 platinum to this list. I just returned mine and randomly found a brand new sf750 on Craigslist.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Sphyre posted:

New from FormD/Lian Li: the Meshlicious https://ssupd.com/products/meshlicious

Case looks nice, name is bad. Hell, might even pick one up depending on the optimum tech review

I don’t understand the layout. One photo has an itx gpu mounted horizontally and another has a 3000 fe mounted vertically. I hope you can use a radiator on the gpu side if you have a water block on it, but I doubt it. Looking forward to the review video.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Ok, yeah, io out the bottom for the gpu and the back for the motherboard. Eh, we’ll see.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

ephori posted:

I have the following right now in a Dan A4:

-i7 6700K with a cryorig c7
-16GB corsair DDR4-3200
-asrock Z270M
-EVGA 3080 XC3
-2TB M2 and a couple SATA SSDs

It works great, but gets real loud under load obviously, and I feel like I'm due for an upgrade anyway since getting the 3080. If I was going to upgrade to a contemporary CPU & motherboard, any suggestions? Any other advice on upgrades to mitigate the fan noise? I'm open to liquid cooling but I'm only familiar with closed loop stuff.

B550/x570 and a 5600x would most likely be my pick for an a4. You could 3d print a fan bracket and a duct for your c7 and put a noctua on it or maybe use a noctua L9 and a duct. Water cooling options in a Dan are really limited, your only option is the 645lt from what I recall.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

I'd just buy whatever you can find in stock :toot:

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Gyshall posted:

Temps are great, but the thing is really noisey. Should I use different fans?

No, the Arctic fans are almost as good as the noctuas but they do make a certain noise around 1200ish rpm if I remember correctly. I’d suggest playing with your fan curves and undervolting. Also remember, your little nr200 is all open so it’s going to be louder than most atx cases at similar fan speeds.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20x-PC-HDD...4.m46890.l49292

Maybe those?

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

sf750 is currently in stock (for feb 17th) on amazon @ msrp https://amzn.to/3iCENKv

Canna Happy fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 22, 2021

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

The clip on the left is backwards maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk4TXJ3fSWM&t=542s

maybe you could run a twist tie across the bottom to draw the clips tighter when you flip that one around?

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

In that guy's video you can see he's using some pads to further hold the fan away from the heatsink, allowing him to increase the clip tension and also offset the fan... hmm, not sure what material he's using for that.

Ah yeah, I didn't watch much further. Hes just using the little anti vibration pads from the other side of the noctua fan.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

My hot take is waste of time. Since cpus and gpus don’t leave much performance on the table these days, you open loop for aesthetics or silence. You don’t have enough room for a true silent build (IMO) in a sff and if you want to see it you give up a ton of radiator space. Save the 600+ dollars you’ll spend on a full custom loop and buy better components or a monitor or something

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Is there a standardized air cool setup recommendation for the NR200? I'm willing to spend the money on Noctua fans because I like the poop color. I'm assuming 4x120mm case fans is overkill if I'm just using a Ryzen 5600x/1660ti?

I'm also thinking of getting the Thermaltake Tower 100 instead because it can use normal ATX power supplies so I'd be able to just use my current one. But on the other hand the case looks like a fugly black popcorn machine.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/881894...k=1&bes=1&col=1

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Warmachine posted:

Please remember to sweep up the glass when you're done.

I don't know if this dumb project has warped my sense of affordable, but $130 for some of those pslate cables is refreshingly cheap?

I paid 38 for a custom set from dreambigbyray. I’ll post a picture when I get them in a few days. He’s supposed to be just slightly less quality, but still really good.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Dreambigbyray trip report: Cables function properly. They're a little stiffer than I had imagined (unsleeved clear) which makes the 24 pin kind of a pain. The sad part is all cables are 1cm or more longer. I have one cable that is 2cm longer than I ordered which is uh, kind of a pain in the rear end in a small case. So yeah, doing it again I'd either just buy the crimper and do it myself or just pay for some pslates. Buy once, cry once.

edit: I put in my order like the minute they opened up from their Lunar new year closure, so maybe that's the reason for sloppy measurements.

Edit edit: I just got an email from palate. 10UNSLEEVED For 10% off all unsleeved cables and merch lol.

Canna Happy fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 11, 2021

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

CaptainPsyko posted:

From Sliger discord;

Rip dual slot gpu cases.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

The h1 comes with a decent psu and aio. The price really isn’t that bad?

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Sliger SV590 v2 or the xtia xproto?

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

My nr200 is actually several c cooler when laying on its side. I guess that means I need taller feet for better gpu flow?

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

NoDamage posted:

Are there any other sandwich-style cases besides the Sliger SM560 and FormD T1 that will fit an Asus TUF 3090 or EVGA FTW3 3090?

I've currently got an NCASE M1 v5 but I don't think either card will fit in there. It might fit in the v6 but if I'm going to have to swap cases I want to go to a sandwich-style case.

Both fit in the m1, but you need 180 degree pcie adapters and might lose the front i/o (not sure on v5). How about the Meshlicious? Its a vertical sandwich.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

The new nr200 colors are pretty cool.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

are there any options for a really SFF pc with an ODD bay? I'd kinda like to get my parents an upgrade for their current turboshitty AMD E350-based htpc they use at the family cabin, but they have a big media library stored on blurays.

the HDPlex H1 TODD is pretty cute but it doesn't need to be passive.

probably the easiest answer is to just get them a motherboard like J4125-ITX I guess, but... :eng101:

Older ncase with a slim drive? I bet there is something else console style, but the ncase is what I immediately think of.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

The sf600 gold cables are not the nice individual sleeved cables that the platinum units ship with, but I think they’re still better than most.

Edit: Newegg has the sf600 plat for 105 after code and rebate with free shipping. If you only need 600 watts, I’d buy that.

Canna Happy fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

fart simpson posted:

i probably only need 500 watts. but i live in china and the price isnt much different for the 450 or the 600, and the seasonic all wattages are also almost the same price

Corsair 600 gold would still be my pick over a seasonic sfx.