Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so that's where the dickbag federation security officer from s1 went

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you'd think that if their policy was shooting baby changelings across the galaxy the founders would have encountered one that was loyal to their adopted people before

it's not like bajorans were anything special or treated odo particularly well

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
how do you even aim those?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hated s1 so much that i have no interest in ever watching s2.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zesty posted:

Can't wait to hear you bitch about it for the next year.

you should go to the mirror universe, where they think discovery was good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
assembling blocks into a vague science object to solve problems would be both lego game and star trek as gently caress

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if worf didn't like risa he could have stayed in his room sulking. he's got a lot of experience in that field. instead he joined the local terrorists who believed that no one should ever have sexy fun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

Worf was just butthurt because it didn't have Klingon sexy fun, i.e. having someone chuck furniture at you while you read love poetry.

it probably did! risa is very inclusive.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
too good for this world

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can't fool me into thinking a mmo is good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i loved that episode of tas because after experiencing firsthand what a terrible idea casual time travel is, starfleet immediately began a concerted program of casual time travel.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he could probably get into disco as another previously unmentioned adopted sibling of spock.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
most of them are good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it is a good ending if you lack the slightest fondness for enterprise. the show goes out with an enormous gently caress you to itself and whatever few fans stuck with it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they've realized that any old crap with the star trek name on it will be moderately successful.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the bajoran ship probably crashed because its occupants killed each other over stupid bullshit during the trip from bajor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm, perhaps the internet isn't completely bad after all

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they could just increase the space between decks to fit all the machinery safely. it's not like it is a submarine, with tight space requirements.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not sure if i'd recommend the entire tas, but the buddy satan ep is both entertainingly silly and has a better message than most actual episodes of star trek.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh right, there was also giant spock. that was some good stuff.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's too logical and vulcans aren't good at logic when they are in heat

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would only be shameful if you wouldn't gently caress damar

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Damar doesn't gently caress. He just likes having sexy company around while he drinks himself to sleep.

:love:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as ds9 revealed, that guy was unknowingly(?) flirting with the cardassians the whole time

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tighclops posted:

what do you think being around a telepath on weed is like

probably very uncomfortable

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

mods changed my name posted:

I trust Bester not to violate the Earth Alliance rules on telepathy with someone who is just getting high with him and gossiping

bester's so charming i barely mind that he's a horrible monster

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they could bring in the entire cast of ds9 to play new characters including combs and it still wouldn't be enough to salvage discovery.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's an excellent reason to never set anything prior to tos. they barely had computers most of the time, much less the sort of flashy technology that modern shows are required to include. like, just leave it alone already.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
and then everyone on the 'crew' was one of spock's innumerable siblings

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
disco was laser-targeted at mycophiles and no one else

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
disco had a cool looking bridge crew, but none of them were actually characters. they didn't have personalities, lines other than reporting things to actual characters, and some didn't even have names.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sweet geek swag posted:

I have not watched Discovery. I will, eventually. But I saw the first episode and was like, "Good job on utterly failing to get me interested in this show."

well, you've already discerned the overarching theme of the show so you might as well not bother.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

the one where mudd kept trying to take over the ship was an entertaining idea at least

it was fun how he kept killing captain rear end in a top hat but really that just made me root for the villain

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
normally i'd agree but i've been playing yakuza 0 over the past week and it's better than most of the non-prequels.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they probably reused the prop to fill a shelf full of knickknacks at some point

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the toilets are also replicators, because why use a different kind of device when replicators can already dissolve solid matter?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rutibex posted:

You are supposed to poo poo in the replicator, it gets recycled into new food. do you remember ever seeing a toilet on a federation starship?

does wesley count?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

shovelbum posted:

i got a ~14" ceramic alf as a christmas gift

i dress it up for each season and holiday because at this point what am i gonna do

uh, have you tried... not that?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
garak wasn't recruiting an asset, he was hitting on bashir. because he wanted to nail him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it isn't an unsalvageable concept, except they did nothing to salvage it so it was left as a lovely idea with a lovely execution.