Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Brosnan posted:

I think the hardest part of this game isn't the hero draft, it's the player draft

Like which of the 800 people on my friends list who are going to be playing this game should I group with and how do I do so without hurting other people's feelings

This hasn't been a problem before because apparently I've never had more than 5 friends who all liked the same game before

In all honesty this issue will almost certainly resolve itself within a week or two as people get over the initial hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Man, I wish the non-origin edition was on ps4, I don't care about any of the extra poo poo. Still, I don't think my computer can handle the game and I probably got 50$ worth of entertainment out of the beta alone so I went ahead and ordered a ps4 copy from Amazon.

I was running on a 550ti during open beta, the game scales relatively well.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

totalnewbie posted:

I know the servers were fine for the open beta but did it get rushed like the servers will be upon release? Slightly concerned :ohdear:

There'll be an extra 5million people that weren't around for the -actually free- open beta period, somehow.

I'm honestly actually half expecting that to be the case.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Countblanc posted:

im playing monster rancher 4

EVO is still good. :colbert:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Countblanc posted:

is that 3? i dont like that one. i never played 5 though.

It's 5, the one with the circus. 3 is good, but 4 is just a better 3 so I don't blame you.

RIP monster rancher, at least Digimon re:digitize and Digimon last order are here to fill the void somewhat.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Adonis Gunther posted:

The amount of rule 34 already out for this game is unprecedented.

There has been months of buffer time, not even counting the immediate 2 weeks before the game launched where the mass public got their hands on things. We're well past "unprecedented", though the spread of genres in such a short time is probably landmark in some way :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Error 350

Then you die of a stroke in your chair.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

Just got my key from G2A.

30.66 for Origins Edition?

:whatup:

A risky gamble that paid off. Congratulations, you are not one of the 350.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

What nightmare is that?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

350 people were going to die before the release.

How many died in the past 20 minutes?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Got a legendary!

:negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Ty. How do you do the one that requests a healer?

'X' by default is the "I need a healer!" prompt, which is very important as it means your position is immediately superimposed on to Mercy/Lucio/Zenyatta/S76's UI, whereas the "Critical!" health indicator only appears if they are looking in your general direction.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Mortimer posted:

remember: inspect other randoms profiles, and if they don't play primarily support and have average kills per round under 10, maybe find another teammate unless they are cool and fun to play with!!

Having played so much Lucio and Mercy, if this game had a KDR stat I'm pretty sure I'd be -10.0, so this fits pretty well :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

I suicide into junkrats ult as mercy to save my team every time.

it's never once been intentional :negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Brosnan posted:

I promise you don't have to play that much to unlock lots of stuff and you'll have enough credits to buy a few must-have items for the heroes you really like

Don't spend another 50 bucks you weirdos

If somebody bought a 50 pack and didn't get the thing they wanted, it would mean they specifically would have had to play a huge amount to waste their time getting those same 50 drops otherwise and finally end up with enough credz to buy the skin + animations they wanted!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Wales Grey posted:

Day 0/Day 1 impressions:
  • Blizzard's occasional addition of a "this is why what you're about to see got PotG" is really neat

What is this referencing?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Countblanc posted:

"Sharpshooter", "Lifesaver", etc

Ah, explains that then. Good on ya, Blizz.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Section Z posted:

I already made it my mission in life to walk right past shielding Reinhardts and shoot their Mercy execution style (Why am I getting away with this so often).

As the Mercy player on the receiving end of this much of the time, I'd also like to know the answer :negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Section Z posted:

I'm sure you, at least, would stop to attack the person trying to kill you if it would not screw your team over.

Give D.Va's pistol to Mercy so that this becomes more viable. It's generally my first reaction to stop and shoot, but objectively, staying linked and using the damage boost on literally anyone will come out to be more damage than the combination of Mercy's pistol + whatever else. Shame my partners are too busy to check their 6 and see why my HP bar suddenly dipped/disappeared

Emalde
May 3, 2007

fadam posted:

People who only play one role are bad, mate.

And considering how Casualwatch basically gives elimination credit just for looking in the direction of an enemy, even the most dedicated Mercy main should have a positive k/d.

Nooooo :negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Countblanc posted:

i also find myself wondering what that bright light shining through my window is every morning

i hate that thing

Emalde
May 3, 2007

poo poo :negative:

At least I'll never play Widow either way, but come onnnn w/ this.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

This is hosed up

Thor-Stryker posted:

If you don't notice the 20 tick servers then all the more merry for you. It's just extremely jarring to be doing one thing only for the server to say "nope, gently caress you, you were doing this instead."

I notice this more on Mercy than anybody else, where I angel my way over to somebody who passes a wall and suddenly the server literally rolls me back mid-flight to standing around like an idiot where I initially started.

It annoys me considerably more than any of the myriad instances of "i was in cover on my end but the killcam says i wasn't" deaths.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Countblanc posted:

don't bm, merely of a timely "Stopwatch." after every game. god bless.

This is the only correct answer. Please listen to countblanc he knows what he is talking about

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Donnerberg posted:

Yeah, you're probably right. It feels like Zenyatta would have more going for him if people didn't loving run away from his ultimate, but maybe it's not enough.

Just for shits and giggles, I'd like to see what would happen if Mercy's ultimate resurrected opponents too. Or alternatively, a Weekly Brawl with friendly fire on and abilities that affect everyone.

good av, glad somebody colored it even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

How you know you're going to win in competitive: Cooperative Spray Art