Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Canemacar posted:

So, there's a limited amount of time to grind or pay for the new skins. Thats fine I suppose. The skins themselves aren't here for a limited time are they? I don't want to try and get them only for them to be pulled from the game when summer ends.

They did it plenty of times in Warcraft. I have a dragon pet and tabard from the 2008 olympics you had to get lucky to get by playing PvP battlegrounds during a short window. They didn't bother putting it back in with any of the later Olympics. I could totally see these being a one and done, so good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Is there a humblebrag or :wtf: thread? I somehow managed to get 4 plays of the game in a row in quickplay last night, it was weird. The first was well deserved, as Reaper I kill a Pharah from above her, kill a Reinhardt swinging at me, charge the payload shooting a D.Va until I get my ult, then die die die killing two more as the D.Va flies away. Game two, as D.Va, I get POTG for blowing up 2 people with my ult. Which I did four times throughout the match. The one I got credit for was only notable in that a Reinhardt charged right up next to me as I hit Q, he could have saved himself and the other guy by just raising his shield. Game three POTG: as Symmetra I charged out of the volskaya gates as an enemy Mercy rezzes. I kill her charging my beam up to full, then kill a Zarya who is near 100 charge and frantically trying to shoot me as I dance around her. She goes down just as a Soldier kills me. It wasn't very impressive, just standard berserk Symmetra.

Game four is when it got really silly. The other team, now on defense and having seen my dazzling play, decided to go with 4 Symmetras :3:. I swapped to Winston hoping for his achievement but only one of them seemed to bother building any turrets. We easily took points A and B, though B took a small fight to clear them all off. Play of the game starts, and its me again. My friend starts cussing me out in skype. The recap plays and my Winston is standing on point B just holding down the trigger. I reload a few seconds into it after tickling a Symmetra, move around a bit, zap Zarya for a bit, reload AGAIN, then slam down a shield "THIS WILL PROTECT YOU!" and start firing at midair since the Zarya has moved out of range. Total deaths in the video: 1 Sym 1 Zarya, both of which I'd only tickled as all 5 of my teammates are also shooting at them. I can only imagine the game felt that without my Winston shield there to protect us from 4 Symmetras, a Zarya and a Lucio, that we would have been screwed.

Game five, I decide if I'm getting all the POTGs I may as well play Ana. I usually get yelled at for picking her but they let me because they didn't want me to get POTG again. We barely lose a king's row attack and POTG pops up and it's our McCree. My friend starts laughing at me but I say "Nope that ones mine too". It starts with McCree getting powered up, killing three people with his ult, then taking out 2 more with sniper and grenade assistance from me.

So yeah 4.5 POTGs in a row somehow.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

No.

Announce Doomfist instead.

Sombra ARG kicks into high gear, matrix symbols flow across the screen, then out of nowhere Doomfist koolaids his way through a mei icewall and shouts "screw all this nerd crap, punch people break stuff yeeeaaaaaah!" He catches a hanjo arrow, lays genji out flat, punches open a loot crate revealing all legendaries, then he shatters Reinhardt's shield in one blow all while junkrat sets off explosions in the background and widowmaker and reaper swoon.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Her ult is Deadpool's from marvel heroes, the game lags and everyone rubber bands in place while cartoon memes pop up on their screens.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

To fix Symmetra just make her like Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat. She has her own abilities but input an obscure code and she uses her force field tech to replicate the abilities of one of the other characters. "Such a lack of imagination" as she smacks Reinhardt into the ground with a copy of his own hammer or has mech duels with D.Va.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I Said No posted:

It would own if he was basically just Zangief and all his abilities let you suplex and piledrive motherfuckers left and right.

Can't wait for the Roadhog hook into Doomfist piledrive tag team video. Lucio/Pharah knockback into piledrive... It should be instant death if slammed while frozen by Mei. Man I'm gonna be bummed when this isn't a thing now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

Guys is Sombra a good person

What if she's the one behind all the bnet DDOSing?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

dogstile posted:

Right clicking a Dva mech and hooking her when she's midair is pretty sweet.

It's even cooler if you've had to use your combo to to get her out of meka and melt her with a single rightclick before she touches the floor. That one gets me the hacker accusations all the time.

I died as her just before ejecting in a game last night. Pharah headshot the second the model appeared. The mech destroyed icon was flashing then I was just dead.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Playing as Mercy I'm just happy to see my name in the hud of the person actually getting the POTG.

I was playing Mystery Heroes last night. The other team had a well coordinated 4 stack, our team had me and my buddy (we are terrible at working together) and 4 solo queuers. The other side dominated us for 199% of the 2 outdoor Nepal maps. My team had been attacking from the side the whole match so I was able to walk in the front door and gun down 4 people as Bastion before their Hanzo got me. Our guys storm the point in overtime when the enemy Mercy swoops in from her hiding spot and rezzes the four I'd killed. They spend a few seconds coordinating fire on the rest of my team, overtime drops to zero, and we lose. Play of the game pops up and its that Mercy. "It's gotta be the 4 player rez" I told my buddy. The gameplay starts and its overtime already and the whole play of the game is Mercy shooting at my teammates and mostly missing them with her pistol while the rest of her team wipes us out. The game ends a few seconds into the POTG as the last of us drop. The rez must have happened a few seconds before the POTG start, like the algorithm was asleep on the job or something. I wish I'd recorded it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Poor Pharah and her ult. Two sides of it from last night. I'm Pharah, final stretch of Route 66 attack mystery heroes. They are tank heavy and all clumped up just ahead of the payload. I peek and shoot until I have my ult then go all the way around to flank them from behind, waiting til I see roadhog use his hook. I pop over the crate, start the ult, then die to a turret a respawning torb had randomly placed in their entrance hallway way back from all the fighting.

Eichenwalde point A defense, I'm mercy, a pharah has been buzzing around overhead shooting at us for a full minute giving me plenty of charge as I heal up her hits. At one point she had a rooftop duel against a reaper that they both ended up fleeing from. After a while I'm like, whatever happened to that Pharah and turn to see her floating overhead with a sliver of life left. I swap to pistol and fire a few shots "JUSTI... aaaagh"

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

you're right but mei (and hanzo), actually scares the poo poo out of me as tracer in spite of being at a disadvantage against her, because it doesn't matter how well you play it... sometimes you just instantly lose. I've walked around a corner into prefire icicle spam headshots before and I die a little inside every time

I ran around the corner into a mccree once and died so fast to his surprise accidental headshot that he flashbanged and fan the hammer'd my corpse before realizing I was already dead. Was funny watching on the replay.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

What gets shut off if Mercy gets hacked? Can she still swap to her pistol?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Rename Mercy to No Mercy, let her dual wield her pistols and guardian angel to enemies and while reloading she does some sweet staff melee combos.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Does Orisa's fortify block a roadhog hook?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

They need a pve mode that's aerial combat. Pharah, Mercy, jet mode Bastion and aerial mech D.Va against swarms of flying robots, titanic walkers and boss ships.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

They should make a pve training mode for the main game. You're a healer and you have to cross a no mans land full of Tracers, Genjis, Winstons and Sombras to get to your team on the point. Your full team of 6 is on the point and has to deal with 1 Genji bouncing around throwing shurikens before he gets his ult and kills you all. Infinite reapers are charging the point with the occasional shadow step in plain sight and you have to kill them all before they get close enough to DIE DIE DIE. You are Zarya and you have to bubble someone while they are taking damage and not two full seconds before they round the corner into enemy fire.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

EMC posted:

He has a scope on his fist, if you land a head shot it then you roll across the map in midair like Blanka from SF and punch them in the face

Just give Doomfist the mass effect vanguard toolkit. You charge a target using mercys guardian angel but against enemies, refreshing your shields each time and causing explosions while punching.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Just lol if you can't handle pharmercery as a nominally melee range character

Easy answer, enable junkrat mine friendly fire making Reinhardt the natural Pharmercy counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

What happens if blue genji deflects hitscan into red Genji deflecting back at blue genji's deflect zone

There was a video in the first month or so of release where Genjis with hacked faster cooldowns played tennis with symmetra charged shots. edit: not hitscan, I just meant shots can go back and forth forever if you can keep the reflects up, hitscan or no. In a real game it would hit whoever's reflect drops first?