Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I may be warming up to Tracer. I (think) have her basic rhythm down but I need to work on some stuff; I'm still trying to figure out when to dive and when I do dive I tend to overcommit a bit since I haven't gotten used to her squishyness yet and I end up dying more than I should.

Gotta keep practising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

You deserved that. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So what are the odds skins will be buyable with credits this time? Because I'm gonna be super sad if this ends and I don't get my Witch Mercy skin :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

DrSeRRoD posted:

Probably pretty low. The Overpwn preview even states: "There are twelve new skins that can be unlocked through loot boxes." This makes me think you'll have to buy/earn boxes for the items like before. I'd love to be wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked if they kept it the same as before.

:negative:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

cosmicjim posted:

I played mostly brawl last night and my game would randomly throw piss jars as Ana at least once a match.

Yeah, it happened to me too. And then playing Mercy on QP my rezzes wouldn't go off immediately, it would take a solid second between me pressing Q and the rez actually popping up. No idea what's going on, but at least I'm glad it's not just me. :v:

Did we get patch notes yet? I haven't seen them anywhere.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yup, you should see them on the launcher. You can find them here: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749875377

Ah, cheers. I didn't see them last night but maybe it's just because I needed to restart the launcher.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Panfilo posted:

Do any of you nerds know who in particular benefits the most out of Mercy's damage boost? I know it really depends on how effective the player is. Junkrat and Phara seem like they would be up there, since their attacks have splash and the damage actually gets boosted the second you start the damage boost stream (so any projectiles in midair at the time are also instantly buffed in damage as well). I was thinking of projectiles where it would shave off exactly one shot from a body hit to kill an enemy.

Well, anyone can benefit from a damage boost, but it's mostly situational. You're not gonna follow a jumping Winston into the enemy team to boost him, but if he's chasing a Genji off your back you want to make sure that Genji dies.

If you have a Hog on your team try to learn to keep an eye on his hooks so you reflex-boost him to make sure he lands the kill with the shotgun blast; a Reinhardt in hammer range of the enemy is going to be a huge menace and a boosted 100% charge Zarya is... hooley dooley. Speaking of hooley dooley, boost your junkrat while he ults, you can usually find him and make it in time in the time it takes the wheel to explode.

/fake edit: I tend to boost a lot with Mercy; I've seen a lot of people start off by boosting junkrat, stop boosting as soon as the bullets start flying and just sticking to healing even if their team isn't in immediate danger. Why keep healing that topped off Reinhardt when you can be boosting the Soldier right next to you shooting at the enemy team? I try to keep boosting until I see someone reach that "one hit kill spot" at around ~120 health, then switch to topping off that person and just going back to boosting.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 12, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The boost doesn't work on the tire.

I have been lied to all this time. :negative:

(I did ask a bunch of people and they all thought it did apparently).

/edit: vvvvvv Welcome, Sister.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 12, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Am I going loco, or did they add a very slight delay to Mercy's ult? I swear it's not coming out as fast as I'm used to.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

mcvey posted:

I'd rather have fun in a group than win alone.

Emptyquoting this forever.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Andrast posted:

Playing Mercy on those ranks has to be really relaxing since all of the flankers on the enemy team are bound to be godawful.
It's a mixed bag.

I've gone whole games with only one or two deaths as Mercy because their Tracer was terrible and couldn't kill me, but at the same time my team was not paying a sliver of attention to their (only) healer and doing squat about said Tracer. So you end up not dying as much as you would, but being constantly under fire by a flanker it's not really fun.

Then you get another match where the enemy Genji is not pro level but somewhat competent, and it's a shitfest. You keep getting dived and you're dying constantly and your team starts yelling at you because you're not healing even though they're supposed to be covering me.
I've had a Genji murder me right in the middle of my team and getting away scott-free, and it really makes you want to switch to symmetra and just do the sit emote in a corner and watch them burn.

Internet Explorer posted:

"hey guys i can't carry my team with mercy or lucio"

No! I'm shocked. Really, I am.
Oh, I know. It's just that it's super frustrating liking playing supports but knowing you can't really turn the tide on a match. I've gotten a god drat 5 men rez on Anubis defence after a Skirmish, only for my team to lose a 5v3. :smith:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 24, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
^^^^^ Winston is really good with a Zarya who's on the ball with the barriers.

I think the biggest issue I've seen these past few days (I solo queued comp for a bit because I'm a masochist) is people not switching heroes.

Ran into a Pharah/Winston combo on 66 defence that was destroying us, and my team was running Genji/Tracer the whole time. When I suggested one of them switch to Reaper to deal with the monkey, they just said "but Reaper is a flanker". Had the same thing happen in that Genji massacre match I mentioned: Genji/Pharah kept wrecking us and noone was picking a hitscan character or Winston.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So, I got into comp with some goons. Won one, lost one.

Got Witch Mercy and proceeded to pull this off:

We won the last one. :boom:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

IronicDongz posted:

tfw the game is short

I got 89% 82% kill participation with Reinhardt this way.

It was 9 kills.

/edit: It was 82% :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Boogle posted:

Holy poo poo it's a blast from the past.

Hahaha, yep. That was a good match. :allears:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

EmmyOk posted:

Thanks for all the advice, friends. I am definitely planning on giving loads of characters a whirl and trying to get comfortable with at least one of each type! For the start though when I knew so little about PC gaming and team shooters in general I thought it'd be best to focus on learning one person.

This really helped me with Tracer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDgYWxMHYo4

Mind, I'm still bad at her, but that's because I'm terrible at the game. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

verbal enema posted:

junkrat has a differet the best hello animiation if you're holding the detonator

ftfy

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Tender Bender posted:

Zarya tip: Bubble your allies when they get hooked by Roadhog.

And lower your mouse sensitivity. This thread recommended it and it works wonders.

Mercy tip: damage boost your team's hog when he hooks someone. :getin:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Nope, bubbling a shielding Rein does not build charge.

/ninja edit: Unless he's hit with something that goes through his shield, like Winston's gun, Sym's balls or a Firestrike.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 11, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Cowcaster posted:

that particular myth has been circulating around since the game's beta days. not sure if it happened to work that way in some ancient build and the rumor kept perpetuating ever since or what

I think it's mostly people not realising the Rein they're bubbling had been hit with something that goes through shields and thinking "oh hey, he had his shield up and I built charge!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Re: Bubbling a shielding Reinhardt.

I didn't know about that bit of bubble sticking out the middle of the shield. I stand corrected, I learned something new today.