Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
I want to go home and play this. Stupid schedule change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Ddraig posted:

Pharah is Egyptian and isn't anything to do with Vishkar. Symmetra is Indian and works for Vishkar and gets a nice thematically appropriate Kali skin.

Also Indians from India are not actually native americans and vice versa.

Come on, that was clearly a joke. This thread is like a swell of sharks and every post is potentially chum.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

dance, my puppets

It wasn't my joke.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I was excited for new overwatch news! Turns out it’s just people feeding the troll.
New skins are cool and good though! Really like that Zarya one. I usually come back to OW for events and then fizzle back out but it’s fun for a while!

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Evidently, people are upset that she has cornrows calling it cultural appropriation. Wtf do they think boxers and mma fighters do with their hair?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

What changes would you make to overwatch that would make it a cool and good game? Larger team sizes seems like more fun rather than smaller team sizes.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Blizzard sucks and every game they make in the future is going to suck too. I was excited about OW2 like a year or more ago and every subsequent development since then has lessened my interest more and more.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

The Repo Man posted:

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but wasn't the OW2 Multiplayer plan to introduce battle passes like in Fortnight to really drive home the FOMO? It really feels like recently these seasonal events have been testing out FOMO skins and what not.

I would be absolutely surprised if they didn’t include a battle pass. It’s the next most disgusting option to loot boxes.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1480935823243677696?s=20

lol, but also why would you release an OW2 set in Feb anyway, when the release of the actual game is set as "???"

Lego must not be very familiar with The fluid nature of blizzard release schedules.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I thought about re-installing to check out the event but... I'm not going to.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

A month ago content creators were given a sneak preview at what was coming and they were all stoked but sworn to secrecy. I finally got one of them to crack and here's what they told me:

OW is canceled.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

So, I did actually re-install this game. Lunar New Year was the worst event anyways so, no big loss on how bad this one is. Mystery Heroes is still fun. Until its not but then its over quickly, hopefully.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I’m glad they’re making progress at least. Hopefully some new executive leadership helps. I was bummed to find out that PvE is a pushed back even more but it’s necessary just to get some life-blood flowing in again.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I’m sure they’re absolutely factoring that in and it doesn’t bode well…

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Oh boy…

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

If Lucio doesn’t like you, you’re out.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

White people be sprinting all the time.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I guess complaining about new stuff is better than complaining about old stuff.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Yup, I still hate this game.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

My pro tips for Support: Play Lucio and Moira. Boom 4dps team.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Pick flex queue get 3 minute queues. Or pick support or tank for similar queues. It’s loving straight up lies to claim 10min waits for either of those. Quit flying off the loving handle complaining about made up poo poo. There are plenty of real things to complain about that aren’t just a straw man.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

And that happens every time?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Fair enough. My experience has been different. Weird.

edit: I wonder if population has dropped since everyone is probably realizing that the game is not really that different and not that much has or will fundamentally change.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I'd argue that Moira is in a pretty good position and that the goal should be to get all of the supports into that realm. I pretty much only play Moira solo queue (when I get support) because I can avoid getting dunked on in the back line, against most characters she has a reasonable chance of winning a duel or at least prolonging it until she's out of danger, and her healing seems pretty decent.

Ana is good (even fantastic) when your team has a bit of situational awareness but gets dumpstered when you're left to hang.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

My dream is Zen with Moira's fade.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

My support hot-take is that healing should go down and damage and survival should go up.

My tank hot-take is that D.VA is good.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

We talking OW1 or the beta here? In the beta I’ve seen like 2 Lucios actually healing and the rest are just off riding around on walls and shooting people.

Not that I’m complaining because it usually works.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Maybe the PvE will be good!

Bwahahahaha thats never coming out.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Another random complaint, how is it so hard to get the team color right in the kill feed for non standard stuff like a Mercy rez? This also happens with displaying point ownership on KOTH if I'm remembering right. I'm no master of game development but how is nailing that down still eluding them at this point?

It okay they've only been working on OW2 for... 3 years? Give them a break.

edit: Patch changes look good though.

imagine dungeons fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 5, 2022

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Seems like the best place to pick them if you want to practice, tbh.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Its like they just added whatever filter filmmakers use to make Mexico look yellow.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

adhuin posted:

gg ez
No skill Hanzo main!

I Hanjo.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

zarya is a big beautiful woman and I will hear no arguments to the contrary

Zarya's line hits the gender identity category so...

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Mei should definitely be a tank.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Thats awesome that like zero of the quality of life changes are going to make it into the OW1 client. Gotta wait 2 more years before you can ping stuff again.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Yes, everyone is probably in love with robots following the great robot uprising.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Sheeple

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Game is caught in a whirlpool. Don’t get caught in that whirlpool too. I really hate to be this negative about something that I was once so positive about but there is no way this turns out well.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I wonder if the 30% ult carry over on hero switch will make it to mystery heroes?

It’s the only mode I would even really think about playing any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

What are they supposed to do to make money with this game? Besides make a good game, of course.

I haven't seen any pricing on the battlepass (let alone what is totally included in them) and I'm a bit bummed that new characters are locked behind a grind/paywall but what would be a good pay model?

Good riddance to loot boxes anyways.