Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Shortest Path posted:

Hahah wow all those games I just played as him were on the brawl and I didn't even notice. :downs:

its okay, I hope you had fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
knifegrab if you are on tonight we're playing ok! sorry I missed you that one time and I was in a full group the other

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

So satisfying. I'm the Zarya, Mother Russia is stronk.

good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mad.radhu posted:

What happens if a friendly Reinhardt charges through a zarya black hole?

let me consult The Juggernaut vs The Blob

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Elderbean posted:

Junkrat's mine has so much goddamn utility, it's amazing. It's a fantastic finisher, it can be used along with his grenades to zone people out. It can be used to get higher ground, escape from a messy situation, separate healers from their team, etc. I've even used it to escape from roadhogs hook multiple times.

if I notice we are getting flanked a lot, I'll throw down a bear trap with a mine on top of it

as soon as bear trap is triggered I blow the mine, free kill

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ularg posted:

Was that you who killed my Genji on Volskaya Industries? You dirty bastard laying that trap down after we took the first point. (or whoever ended up doing that)

I don't think so, if your name is Ularg on b.net I would have probably said hi

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is 10 eliminiations per round average over all my heroes decent if my most played class is mercy :ohdear:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Minrad posted:

salt/autism post coming up :buddy:

Played a fun Mei game, guy on the other team disagreed

rather then argue or ignore complaints about Mei being OP, I challenged him

he lost pretty hard and I got POTG, the guy telling someone to lynch themselves over picking a character in a video game tried to play the "u mad" card

and a mediocre potg wherein he dies to wrap things up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ1-werxfpo

this owns lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yaws posted:

I am loving terrible at this game and I regret buying it

dont worry about being god

just try to get some cool kills and have fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hanzo is fun as heck

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

looks like we have barons to thank for the icon and hamburger test to thank for buying the zenpop emote

for all your overwatch eyepop needs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
6 D.vas on control point maps in the last few seconds is really tough for attackers to beat tho

i think thats a good play personally

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this game is good as hell and I like playing every hero

most of my time has been on Mercy, S76, Tracer, Mei, and Junkrat tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GlitchThief posted:

I dislike both racism and bad sportsmanship. I hope this isn't too controversial.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dont forget that in addition to the gangtags for your avatars we have :potg: and :zenpop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
everyone here should be good to each other, IMO

I hope this helps you all on your life journey

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

J posted:

I like all the people who kept yelling how the game would be dead within a month because they solo queued into a group, and also they think every loss they take is because the other team is grouped.

its the classic "I could have gone pro if" scenario

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think being nice to people is good, and hope that we all strive to do that in our lives

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wangsbig posted:

people that play competitive videogames have small broken brains and fragile egos and you can easily exploit their delicate emotional constitutions if you say they are bad or call them gay

why would you want to do that though

i mean say what you want and joke around, but why would you want to tell someone how bad they are or call them gay

seems kind of mean for the sake of being mean to me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

guts and bolts posted:

I also think that this is good

But I also tend to think that banning or suspending people who hurt your feelings even incidentally is a product of internet-era socialization and echo chambering and is itself not very nice

i dont think people should be banned, i dont even know what conversation is going on except that people seem to be kinda mad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im actually really mean to people in video games, but only when I see them being mean to others

when I see someone shittalking another person, I'm way more vile and toxic to that person for being a dick than they thought about being

but its just because i want them to know that maybe it doesn't feel good to be made fun of

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

I, too, love to debate Internet Etiquette and Racisms in this, the Blizzard Overwatch Videogame Thread.

i also enjoy this, as well

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well, be good to each other everyone, I think you'll enjoy life a lot more that way

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is a good thread filled with people with a great outlook on life and im glad to be reading it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whenever someone is a dick to me I just say "lol you play X class" and that usually turns the tides pretty well

it doesn't matter what class, it works with all of them

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

guts and bolts posted:

other than Hanzo you described my plan for this weekend as well, which is Ninja Man and Robot Man all day every day

Genji has an insanely bad reputation among pubbies I've played with, where people will instantly get upset at you for picking him or do something in matchchat like "oh look a genji main *rolls eyes*" but it isn't my fault he's more fun than all of the Defense heroes combined :(

if people get mad at your character pick then lmbo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

I refuse to believe this works for Zenyatta. All Zenyatta mains are chill as poo poo.

i dont think a zenyatta main would be a dick to me, but good point

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GlitchThief posted:

Eonwe, I always thought of you as a nice and gentle soul. This is brutal.

I'll always be nice to you, GlitchThief

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

lol of course the person posting nonstop unfunny byob peace & love no-content garbage admits to be a shitstirrer. Don't protest too strongly now!

you should probably relax a little bit and not do weirdo callouts in this, the overwatch video games thread

also where is the content in your post

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GlitchThief posted:

The pact is sealed.

Also, we should play some Overwatch some time.

Sure, sounds good!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hmm, i feel like that was sarcasm

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you should play genji, he's fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
heres some hot tips for Genji, he has throwing stars that are cool as gently caress and accurate, his shift does like 50 damage in a line as you dash and resets when you get a kill or whatever and he can deflect projectiles

he also has a sword that you can use sometimes when you build your ult, and its pretty cool

oh and he can double jump and climb walls

happy hunting :wink:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

i've been trying this out a bit with mumble friends and I'm starting to think that one of the best strats for pubs right now is "don't show respect until the opponents earn it." not like, bming or picking gimmick 5 mei/1 lucio comps, but basically ask yourself "do i assume my opponents are playing well/'correctly' right now?" and if the answer is yes even though you haven't actually seen proof of that you need to go a bit more ham.

a great example of this is offense on first point Hanamura, with the one chokepoint gate. the "proper" play would be to spam down the opposing reinhardt's shield, get some sort of pick with a widow/roadhog/etc., then push in with a support ult, or some variation thereof. what've i've found though is that people seem to just take this for granted and will stall at that chokepoint and not accomplish anything. instead try speedboosting with lucio after that second corner and plowing into them with a zarya and mccree or something - you'll probably end up just walking right over them in my experience because people respect you too much and don't expect you to just violate the unwritten rules of overwatch chokepoints like that. even if you don't wipe them you'll probably trade and the walk back is definitely shorter for offense than defense there.

it's not a perfect strat (in fact it relies on being kinda gimmicky and bad) but i've gotten a lot of mileage out of it if i let my team know that's what's going on. i've found it often doesn't work as hot against turret classes for whatever reason, probably because you have to split your attention, but give it a shot and see how it works out for you!

people in this game are bizarrely stuck on the idea that you defend X chokepoint and you can punish them really hard on Numbani and Temple of Anubis especially with this, but on Hanamura as well

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

General Morden posted:

mercy gave him the suit i thought

wouldn't it make it swiss engineering

I think his mom and dad gave him dat rear end, so I'd say the japanese engineered him pretty well

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

I like you now. :hfive: for snow crash

tracer's blinks are powered by bananarium and peanut butterom, and when that baby's flux capacitor hits 88 mph, watch out

tracer's blinks are actually powered by cheeky nandos

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Trauma posted:

What are the characters you find yourself not playing at all?

reinhardt is just not my style of play, same with symmetra

I'll play a bit of torbjorn and widowmaker, but not a ton

the rest of the heroes I all like playing and pretty consistently try to play

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all the maps are fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Theta Zero posted:

I know Soldier 76 is a jack of all trades, but this is ridiculous.

he owns