Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

TheTatteredKing posted:

I think jimbo is still global muted

I'm glad of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Borderlands gameplay was pretty okay, I enjoyed it a good bit, but the story is bad. You can also tell the DLC was just cash grabs because the story was just shoehorned in and never tied in to the main story.

Even the Tiny Tina DLC barely had any reference to the story. It was all just dumb jokes about RPG tropes and poo poo.

Getting cool guns and seeing how they shoot plus making a nice class build was fun as heck.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

im in

agony

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hughmoris posted:

Who is your weakest character? I've tried my hand with dVa multiple times and I'm completely ineffective with her.

Yeah I don't know how nerds play her. damage output feels weak, huge hitbox so every hit lands on you, and you can't really disrupt supports and snipers because you're so huge so you usually lose the robot before any significant impact.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

Does Roadhog's M2 explode in a sphere or in the direction it was traveling?

Direction it was traveling. it's a ranged shotgun blast.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'm still upset that Ra Zenyatta doesn't have robot bird hands or wings or some poo poo.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Sanctum posted:

Who would stand like this? :psyduck:

She never did fit well on the spectrum.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Zoness posted:

with regards to widowmaker I think she could be reasonably tuned with some combination of

1. increased charge time
2. increased time between scoped shots
3. lower clip size

Just lower her scoped damage by 25 and she's okay. It allows everyone to survive a fully charged bodyshot, leaving them the ability to either heal up or be finished off by your team whilst also leaving headshots to be deadly so she has at least some usefulness.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I thought it was a flashbang.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I was waiting for some Chinese game dev company to just reskin a ton of poo poo and/or blatantly steal models and ideas from Overwatch.

Patience is a Virtue

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I love when I get a Reinhardt on my team

And he proceeds to spend the entire game charging into enemies and being useless

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Countblanc posted:

i'm pretty certain someone has made the "wow gg everyone picked same character" joke every single time ive played the new brawl

"need a healer"

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Soldier 76 is a healer :colbert:

he's a daddy, not a healer.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

he has a box of bandaids with him at all times, just in case

It's actually a can of Mtn Dew he shakes up viciously.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Seagull stream best stream.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Lassiz couldn't deal with the 5 Soldier 1 lucio team NOR the 4 soldier 2 hog lineups. he's pretty bad.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I feel like death timers should be doubled during Overtime.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I eagerly await CTF matchmaking where both teams are two lucio and 4 winstons.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Nerf Genji

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Am I stuck playing Lucio Ball as the only means to grinding boxes?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

As a fan of rocket league, I gotta say im not a fan of Lucioball. it doesn't feel right, Would have been better if it were reinhardts swinging a hammer at the ball.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Give Genji and Tracer 100 health and call it a day.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Make Phara Rockets and Explosions destroy certain enemy projectiles.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Change Phara's Ult to The Redeemer. [Was that what it was called in UT???]

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Finally got a PC that can allow me to enjoy this game and now I'm trying to learn heroes.

Currently doing ok with Soldier 76, Orisa, and D.va, but I'm wanting to learn Zarya, Roadhog, and maybe an attacker like McCree or Sombra.

One thing I've noticed at my lovely mmr is that Genji and Reaper are way too hard to deal with so anything that practically shits on them is fine with me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Zarya is good against Genji with practice, especially at lower tiers where they don't realize they can't deflect her beam. Get a headset and bellow "POWEEEER!!" when your energy goes past 90%.

I'm so bad at aiming her beam because it's so precise trying to aim it at a tiny little airborne ninja from japan

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

2226 ranking

"Symmetra is so fuckin OP"

am i insane?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

losing lots of games because nobody can aim, including me

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Are there any places that have videos to watch, poo poo to read to get better?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Pingiivi posted:

Check out some pro streamer dudes videos. I've picked up some stuff from those.

I watched a few that played D.va well but man I don't think I can boost around corners with missiles to focus down a mercy like that

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

my fav thing to do about a game i own is to watch other people play it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ana is still a good pick against Mercy and Zen for blocking heals and getting kills.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Make Overwatch into Zybourne Clock.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

Don't they have substantial falloff

yeah when pushed off high ledges

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

just buff winston's melee. he's a muscly gorilla and you're telling me his punch deals the same damage as a tiny british girl?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Straight White Shark posted:

he's a nerd though so his melee should only do half damage

He's got ape steroids though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

turtlecrunch posted:

If you don't have ptr access, here is my first drunken wander through the map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Es9Xy_Ef30
Bear in mind I have no idea what any of Blizz's other games are about.
This map is really detail-dense compared to basically any other map in the game I think...what a bunch of Blizzard nerds...

Can't wait for people to bash the map because the layout itself is bad or something.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Rirse posted:

I still think Mei should be able to spray the ground to make it icy, which makes her move faster. I mean her potg has her literally doing this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWgMpFUvb0

Let her ice the ground to cause enemies to slip and give speed boost to the teammates, but the game abruptly ends when a player falls and gets a concussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hanzo's problem is that his scatter arrow is unreliable, his 2nd skill is just a mini widow ult, and his ult while strong, can easily be avoided.

If his 2nd skill allowed his arrows to go through walls to hit enemies, would that make him better?