Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Eonwe posted:

is anyone else gonna play this tonight

maybe we can get 6 goons on at the same time

Battleborn went on sale today sooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Cephas posted:

Zarya is cute af, how dare you compare her to a pig man.

Roadhog is the cutest how dare you.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Looks like POTGs need to get worse than they are tbh.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I like how the game sometimes swaps players between two teams in consecutive matches.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Javes posted:

Where do you see what your worldwide rank for a character is?

masteroverwatch.com?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

I really like this game, but the way it deals with headshots and lag seems to be trashy.

Would you rather shoot through players and miss?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Golem II posted:

How do you chat to all instead of team? P kissy brings up a weird menu.

Text chat? Tab switches between channels. "Match" is for all 12 players.

Shy fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 5, 2016

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

The more I see people using winrate as a measure of success in casual play the more I want to play Symetra to launch you tryhards off cliffs.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Viking Mercy gets "'TIL VALHALLA" for her rez, which is pretty cool.

And Devil/Imp Mercy adds "... for a price" :devil:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Kurzon posted:

Are you in America? I play on PC Euro servers and its very rare for players to insult each other.

I play on NA and EU and there isn't any difference.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Am I a bad Pharah if I will drop everything to destroy the enemy Pharah and achieve aerial superiority

The only right way to play imo.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Shockeh posted:

Confused - I have 25ms ping, 50ms RTT, yet I continuously have the Lightning Bolt network performance indicator on screen. Nothing else seems to be complaining, just Overwatch, so I'm a little bemused.

I think it's packet loss, you may have good ping but some exchange is being lost.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I now confusingly google one in three posts to see if it's an OF quote

Shy fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 13, 2016

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Grammaton posted:

Funny how you join a game in progress and lose like a minute later it counts as a loss.

That's because win rate in QP doesn't matter.
I was even dropped right onto defeat screen a few times. Literally not even character selection.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Cool, reports work! What was the penalty? First time?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

So Widowmaker having a silent ult is on purpose, right?

It's not silent, you can hear a French phrase, it's not too loud though. I don't remember the phrase

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

TwystNeko posted:

D.va's buff can't come too soon. It's bullshit that she's the only one on her team that can die from her ult, it takes FAR too long to go off, and D'va's entirely useless until it goes off - if she has LoS to her meka, she's basically gonna die to her own ult.

You're supposed to charge it so you have enough time to emote for a pretty highlight

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I think they should cut the rooster to like five heroes in the name of perfect balance.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Kurzon posted:

How do I get an invite to a goon match? You guys can't be any worse than pubbies.

Don't you underestimate me :colbert:

Goon spreadsheet is in the OP

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I've seen people suggest you turn on player health when playing Zarya. Where is that menu? Also, is there a stat that tracks you number of POTG?

Options > Controls > select Zarya instead of 'All Heroes', section 'Hero' has option 'Allied health bars'

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I always thought Reaper is cool, and his legendaries are good (especially El Blanco). I'm 27!

e: my shame is immortalized in a snipe

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Andrast posted:

Not having fun when playing the game with a really good widowmaker in it seems like a pretty good reason to use the avoid function.

it doesn't

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

If I had a problem with players shooting me from a distance I would probably not play a shooter, but that's me.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Sanctum posted:

You mean the purple lucio? :confused: There are terrible skins like cybergoth zarya and those pharah legendaries, lucio's hockey skins aren't that disgustingly bad.

Can't you just kill tracer with a single headshot after you stun?

All Pharah legendaries are good.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I did that in a game after someone from that team whined about my hero choice in the last 20 seconds of the previous match I was dropped into. I couldn't find particularly disruptive locations for this fuckery but I tried.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

MO ranks don't mean much, they update account data on demand which means many players aren't in the database or aren't up to date, it's a nice alternative to battle.net own stats sheet and you can only get that much from it

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Link? My balance ideas need to be in every OW thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777487

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

ImPureAwesome posted:

In hearthstone the gold hero portraits are also 300 wins

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

What was that licensed voice comm toolkit overwatch is using?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Hey guys Overwatch uses some kind of third-party voice communication library, if I remember correctly the game directory has one dll named after it, anybody has any idea what I'm talking about or can look for weirdly named dlls in the directory? Thanks.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Did they make any significant changes to netcode this year? Last time I played over a year ago, the game is practically unplayable now, I'm constantly backtracked, what the gently caress happened? My connection is mediocre but e.g. Destiny works flawlessly on both EU and NA.