Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How do you get those titles under your avatar?
I want D.Va's Divas :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Minrad posted:

the meimei thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775648&pagenumber=46&perpage=40#post460121607

if you want a cool avatar just watch the thread and someone will post one, probably.

Nice!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So this shot hits the friendly bot. Nice hitboxes Blizz.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A while ago they talked about how they wanted to remove CC from DPS, as they should be, and I was getting hopeful about it but lol, get hosed apparently because the first OW2 character is a DPS with CC.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

you fire an automatic assault rifle that then fires charged up helix rockets rail gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp9WyoI5bLk&t=129s ?

e: okay soldier 76 with a big aoe slow as her cooldown :stare:

and the ultimate is the powered up version of the gun...

but instead of healing AoE she gets hurty AoE that COMPLETELY different.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

really any CC in the game should be a skillshot like Ana's sleep dart. People complain about that way less than other CC because you actually have to aim to employ it

Tanks should have non-skillshot CC because that would allow them to be actual tanks instead of just fat dps, as a bunch of them are right now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

And yet, nobody wants to play Tanks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dogstile posted:

Because being a tank means you are literally entirely reliant on your team to do anything.

At least when I pick support I can just murder any dumbass who wants to dive me.

Sounds to me like Tanks aren't strong enough.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm curious about what they're going to do with Roadhog and Hammond.
Offtank just being the dude that wanted to skip DPS queues sort of works when the second Tank is there to pick up the slack but in 5v5 3 DPS 2 Healers sounds like a nightmare.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Malah posted:

Now instead of yelling at two people when there isn't a shield against two snipers the team can tell at one!

I'm mostly a tank player and if anyone is going to be displeased by my character choices they can go suck it and/or play Tank themselves.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

More tanks is good.

Orisa is my main tank and the rework looks...promising? I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Actually reading the blopost, I'm pretty hype for the new Orisa.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/23798984/legend-of-talon-and-hero-of-numbani-doomfist-and-orisa-s-tank-overhauls/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

headcase posted:

That orisa sounds fun, but I would like it if her default runspeed were faster than any other hero. Not like a mobility ability, just generally for moving from cover to cover and closing distance.

Cover? Excuse you?
Orisa just holds W and LMB.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They said they were moving CC away from DPS, which is entirely reasonable.
DPS should have all the damage and Tanks should have little damage (to not just be fat DPS) and all of the CC instead to be an actual threat.

At this point, I'm actually pretty optimistic about the 5v5 rework. It looks fairly promising so far.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So are they gonna make Mei a tank now?

That wouldn't be unreasonable.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Here's a cuuuhrazeh idea!
Maybe DPS characters not being able to do literally everything is in fact a good idea?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Even Hammond?

Destruction and theft of government properly, underground bloodsport betting and I'm sure he's also a murderer too because I doubt the underground cage matches have any kind of rules about killing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Moira did nothing wrong, Overwatch are just short sighted fools

:hmmyes:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Even though they're both "criminals", there's a pretty big difference between a vigilante like soldier and a "real" criminal like Sombra.

Yes, one's punishing actual criminals and the other one is a murderer of poor people.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ashcans posted:

I don’t think Mei is a criminal because she was a scientist in Overwatch and then in Cryo for 10 years? Her lore is pretty thin but I don’t think ‘escaping Antarctica’ is a crime.

I think Mercy is probably also in the clear?

Flamethrower use is a war crime and I imagine the same goes for the Freezethrowers.

As for Mercy, I'm pretty sure that messing with dead bodies is also against the law.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Apr 24, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Countblanc posted:

The sombra clip posted before is good and we need more samples of the cast being sociopath mercenaries and terrorists who make jokes about killing each other

Sometimes when you kill Doomfist as Moira she goes "You're an evolutionary dead end." and it's kind of hosed up.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ana really should have wall climb or something that let's her get to high ground.
I understand that they want her to have low mobility, like Zen, but you can still make it like...a slow wall climb.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Played some of the beta and my initial impressions are very good.
I'm a fan of what they did to the tanks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mei does pretty dumb damage now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DoctorJones posted:

role queue ruined this game.

I stopped playing the game like a year after launch and didn't start playing it again until they implemented the role queue.
It's literally the best thing they've done to the game.

Also you still have access to the open queue.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

porfiria posted:

I can’t imagine it hasn’t tanked the playerbase though—making somebody wait 10 or 15 minutes to get into a game seems like a disaster for retention.

Open Queue literally still exists.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

But I don't want to play other games! I want Overwatch to play exactly like other games instead!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DoctorJones posted:

i still have no idea why they don't put the entire team in the comms channel at game start. it's frustrating making callouts to see there's only 1 or 2 other people listening.

I'm pretty sure it does by default, some people just choose not to, and honestly I can't blame them.

The ping system at least makes it easier to make callouts without voice.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Couldn't you choose to not be matchmaked cross-platform?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tanks are supposed to be ignored/CCd until the healers/support is dead and then they fall over like a sack of poo poo.
Which, in my opinion, is exactly what a Tank should be.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Time Crisis Actor posted:

That must be it. Trying to grind down the tank seems to take forever

Tanks got like 20% health buff and every tank now has double the Healers available to them. Why are you trying to focus fire the Tanks first? Stop it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DoctorJones posted:

do these priority passes not work?

In OW1? They do nothing in my experience.

In OW2 beta they seemed to work most of the time for me though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sakara123 posted:

Don't worry, blizzard is actively trying to make tanking less enjoyable to solve this problem.

What

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

acumen posted:

What's with role queue hate? Isn't the alternative just rolling with 5 dps and hoping someone on your team is less obstinate than the enemy team so you can actually get a support/tank?

Role queue hate is from people that are slampicking DPS.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have played one single game as dps and role queue is stupid as poo poo and was a terrible band aid solution to blizzard either not knowing how to or being unable to balance their game.

back when i played each separate role to diamond it was still stupid as poo poo and the product of blizzard being unable or unwilling to balance OW1.

My #1 issue is that I don't want to spend 10 loving minutes in a menu between games or be forced to heal 100% of the time. With how short matches are it's easy to spend 75% of your time in menus.

Tank and Healer queues are basically instant. Only DPS players have to wait so you're proving my point here.

You can also play Open Queue.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't play ow1 lol, have you experienced that games community?

So you're complaining about a feature that you're not forced to use in a video game that you don't play?

Unless I'm misremembering the timeline, didn't they only add this after everyone had already quit?

In your fantasy world maybe.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

buddy there is like a single person in here talking about and playing anything other than the ow2 beta

I wasn't aware that the whole Overwatch community was on these here dead forums for boomers with terminal internet poisoning.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

i'd show you my profile of playing 95% support games, but alas no profiles in ow2.

You're not waiting 10 minutes picking support and you're not playing 3 minute matches either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Perhaps I'd like to play something not support and not wait 10 minutes

And I would like for you to shut up but we can't always get what we want.