Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Onean posted:

[*]What other silly videos/images/posts/drama absolutely must be in the Misc. section?

Don't play with TCJimbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Atoramos posted:

Wait, TCJimbo plays Overwatch?

SHUT IT DOWN

I don't actually know, but it's still good advice, nonetheless.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Andrast posted:

They're not going to read the OP anyway

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Game is fun.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I only played for about an hour after the game released as Symmetra, Mercy, Zenyatta, and Winston. Had a great time, but then i watched Seagull play until I had to go to bed because I am a responsible adult. I knew that if I was actually playing, I would have stayed up much later than i wanted to.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I got the legendary Antique bastion skin from my level term loot box. :(

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I never actually noticed, but does the Symmetra ball damage Rein's shield as it passes through? I've never bothered to pay attention when I'm playing her/him.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Sorry but Green Cyborg Ninja Dude is Fun with a capital "F."

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

The thing that infuriates me most about this game are Hanzo arrows. I love getting hit by arrows before the firing animation finishes, and i love getting hit in the head by arrows that didn't actually hit my head. I swear to god there's inherent aim assist on them. No I'm not playing on console.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

He's fun if you're playing him and people are walking into your bullets.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

TheTatteredKing posted:

Lag?

Also yeah animations are weird. I play a lot of roadhog but I always get killed when I'm against one because his animations don't telegraph the same to the enemies as to the player.

No lag. My latency is consistently under 20 ms everytime I play. Don't get wrong, I love the game, but Hanzo is just so rage-inducing for me.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I've been McRightclicking to win all night and it feels great.

(gently caress McCree.)

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Wangsbig posted:

the counterplay to over half of the mechanics of this game are 'hide until it goes away' and that is not ok. hire me bilzord.

Wrong. It's McCree.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I was happy to get a boop double kill and then nail someone in the head to get a :potg: as Lucio last night. Sadly, I didn't have the drop the beat intro at the time.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

This is why i don't play games with goons.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2RL_v8RlJ8

Should have been :potg: :(

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Or maybe it's just a cartoon video game with cartoon characters.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Slime posted:

so basically nobody can actually hide behind their ult when hackusations are going around because it's very obvious when it's being used and when it isn't

Widow can because you can barely hear the drat callout unless you're basically right next to her. <:mad:>

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

Apparently a new update hit and it made the AFK detection even stricter to the point where people are getting kicked for playing bastion :laffo:

I really hate the inactivity detection. Sometimes i like to get up and use the washroom and a new match starts and i get kicked from the group I'm in. Or i like to get up and grab a drink between rounds.

I guess the solution is to get a jug to piss in and then drink my piss or just leave all groups and games if i want to step away for a literal minute.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Drakes posted:

Its like nothing compared to the head hitboxes allowing for hanzo/widow to pick you off as you round a corner. Or McCree/Roadhog CCing then blowing you up.

I was watching Star's stream yesterday and he got headshot by a widow while he was completely behind a wall in the killcam. He was next to the corner but still behind it. The widow couldn't actually see any part of his character model.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Nvm

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I never get to play pharah because there's always a widow.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Sometimes gimmick teams just don't work out that well. I got a :potg: as Symmetra and I'm proud of it. :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow9F-TVVG4Y

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

I need 30 seconds to guarantee that every arcade machine in Hanamura is destroyed or that the whiteboard in Gibraltar has spun enough times.

Don't forget garbage can lids need spinning as well.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I report everyone that says, "gg" because it never is and it's only the winning team that says it.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Use a better turret killing character, then. Not Winston.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Mister Fister posted:

I'm hoping some goons who played with me from this particular game sees this, but i was in this goon discord pickup game within the last 2 or 3 days:

I was in a pickup game with you guys and we played against this insanely good/coordinated team that absolute destroyed us. Probably the best team i've played against yet. Their tracer had to be, by far, the best tracer i've played against, and he was absolutely wrecking our poo poo (i think someone in our group found out he was ranked like #100 for tracer).

After the 1st map, a couple of you guys pleaded with me to leave the lobby as a group so we wouldn't play them again, and i almost complied, but another goon in our group shouted 'don't you dare quit against this team' and i sheepishly let the group stay in the game expecting to get embarrassed again.

I believe the next map we played was Lijiang Tower (i think), and i suggested doing the double monkey strategy and we actually won! The other team rage quit, and before the tracer guy quit himself, he told us that his teammates were incredibly pissed off for losing to us. Best feeling in the world :) Hats off to the guy that wouldn't let me quit the lobby.

I thought about that a couple times today, and wish someone had recorded that.

Sigh.

Edit: I'm MFister#1576 if that jogs anyone's memories.

I ran into your goon group with another goon group this past weekend. You destroyed is every match, and i think we played 3-4. We asked in chat if you were goons and someone made the stairs joke.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Bought a new mouse with adjustable dpi this weekend and got to play around with it yesterday. Trying out 800 with 7 in-game sensitivity. I will have to get used to this and stuck for a bit, so i guess I'm going to be playing a lot of mercy and soldier to get used to things. I don't even want to attempt genji.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

New thread title.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Mechanism Eight posted:

I trust you already know this but for any lurkers it's as good an excuse as any to repost this recommendation from another goon:

In windows, disable "enhanced pointer precision" (aka mouse acceleration) and set the slider in the middle, on the 6th pip. This ensures your actual mouse movements are translated 'raw' and aren't subject to acceleration or weird scaling issues

Thanks. I actually did not know this, and have now changed it. Even for regular computer use for me, the midpoint and 800 dpi are way too much. Haven't had a chance to play around in game yet.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

voltron lion force posted:

Should I get nomad genji or bedouin genji?

Carbon fiber.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Where's Sombra when you need her?

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Agreed. And then they go post on forums about it.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I typically watch Ster, Seagull, and MOONMOON.

Whatever you do don't watch steel.

Edit: Tim is not funny. Just loud. And annoying.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I also like the fact that MOONMOON, Ster, and Seagull, don't have face cams.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I wonder what announcement Seagull is going to make today.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Is there a good Roadhog guide anywhere.

Watch Moonmoon.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

It's me. I'm the open palm slam pick instant lock Ana in quick play. Ana is good, pubbies are just bad.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I haven't played competitive since i did my placement matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I bought some really cool armor for my horse a while back.