Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

HI GUYS WHO ELSE IS READY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Also the title should have been "It's High Goon"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CONNECTION FAILED AH

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I knew the servers would be up by now because otherwise I would have 200 unread posts instead of 26

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Also, TusenTakk#11385

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You can build a P decent rig for around $900 but then you'd also need around $200 for a monitor and $100-$200 for M+KB

I'm sure you could do it for cheaper but I'm a dork who doesn't like to sacrifice stuff and needs at least a 500gb ssd

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I live in Japan and probably won't be here for more than a couple years, so I don't want to dump a bunch of money into a new desktop just so I can get SICK DUNKS on people in Overwatch. In fact I think if I got the XIM and used M/KB I would just get extremely salty when I died.

Maybe you should consider playing less competitive games like Cities:Skylines or Terraria

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Straight up I'd rather get mowed down by Bastion then get flashbang hammerfan'd to death thirty times in a match

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Does anyone have any tips for playing Zenyatta? I have 11hrs with him this season and I feel like I am pretty good with him but my struggle seems to be aiming and dying a lot

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I use the charged shot for great affect when rounding corners, but great suggestions so far! I've never considered using it for genji deflects or zarya bubbles

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pretty much the only ult it doesn't counter is rupture because that's burst damage

Always pop it during mei's ult or like pharah's or stuff like that

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgMAXfzPcCg

i watched this and now i feel like i am much more equipped and understand the playstyle i should be using while playing zen

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kenshin posted:

nah it makes sense especially on KOTH maps where the losing team may still have won a round and the best play may have been by one of their players on the round.

Honestly it happens rarely enough I don't see the problem.

it happens a lot at lower levels

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kenshin posted:

Makes sense, the skill levels are going to be a lot more mixed there and even one amazing play won't make for a win all the time.

Keep in mind that QP is getting 2x more POTGs than Comp per amount of time played

it's usually because there's the one semi decent dude on a team full of garbage getting that sweet sweet reaper or dva ult ime

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Isn't it best to have a multi heal (i.e. Lucio) paired with a single point heal (i.e. Mercy, zen, Ana?)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Aren't you gonna feel stupid when it turns out this leak was part of the ARG all along.

you GOT HACKED, BITHC!!!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Also you don't really know what's behind Reaper's mask. Maybe he's a bear now

hewrestledabearonce

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I want to doomfist ur mum lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We're all Sombra now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Crossposting but:

i also got the mei highlight intro, the firefighter mei, bva, junebug dva, mariachi, and a few other random legends and epics i didnt have out of 50 boxes

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Thanks I spend my money on dumb poo poo instead of a new computer

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

They're live patching because of bugs guys it says right on battle net when you log in

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Some ults are lost immediately because they don't wind down the charge as you use it, with pharah it uses ult as you rain Justice from above so if you're headshot right at the start you usually have between 60-75% left

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GodFish posted:

I have a Logitech mouse that has adjustable DPI settings, to aim better should I be lowering the DPI with that or the mouse sensitivity setting in Overwatch itself?

Go 900dpi/4.91 in game sensitivity if you want to use what the pros use

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You can go to Sweden or Norway and get a free education and marry some Nordic babe and get your citizenship that way

Otherwise good loving luck getting into either of those countries if you aren't in STEM

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I got the Dr. Junkenstein skin but unfortunately Junkrat is garbage tier

mods ban this sick filth

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

I stopped playing regularly for about a month or two and got back on the loot box grind for the new event, and I feel like it's the first month of the game all over again because I keep running into teams doing the 6 of one hero thing, on both sides. That, or people are doubling and tripling up on snipers on Offense for some reason. Did I miss a dank new meme or something? I thought people were done with this sort of thing like 4 months ago. I'm not upset it's just a little frustrating when you lose because the 3 Hanzos on your team didn't feel like running onto the point to stall or reset the overtime clock or anything.

People treat quickplay as Funtime nonserious overwatch and they get mad if you try to take it seriously and then tell you to go play comp

I guess pubbies don't realize you can do both

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I wonder how well you could do maining bastion in comp

Ya you would get a lot of mad pubbies, but his recon mode is surprisingly powerful. Only issue I'd see is that you are immediately Public Enemy #1 and the other team will exert all their strength in killing you. Which could be good because distracting the enemy like that in order to get the rest of your team alive

Imagine any additional salt from having golden guns :allears::getin:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

Unless I am completely missing something here, Bastion's recon mode seems anything but "surprisingly powerful."

Self heal and pretty good damage output, just extremely fragile

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Okay fine I was just spitballing but of course my hopes and dreams of a self sustaining salt factory were dashed

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

They really need to buff mercy's healing rate and damage boost because as someone in some recent thread mentioned, mercy effectively makes your team 5v6

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

yes? it's surprisingly strong in the same way that mercy's pistol is. you can catch people off guard and kill them because it's stronger than people expect but it's not exactly good. what problem do you have with this?

This is what I was getting at after having a match where I played bastion mostly in sentry form and owned a bunch of people who thought they'd have an easy kill

I didn't really mean for this line of discussion to devolve the way it has so maybe we should move on and not take it as seriously as it was taken

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

With hitscan I believe it just tells the server that the reticle was over the targets head

I think it's literally just packet injections but I'm not 100% sure

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Does McCree's ult still give you 50% back if you cancel it early? I did it a couple times today but it always seemed to leave me at 0%.

Congrats you found out on your own

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I did the same and was going to get salty about it but then I realized that the ult charges faster now so it evens out

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

sombra is currently talking about WoW on blizztwitch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm curious to know how the bell curve shifted, I placed at 1610 compared to my 2100 last season (i finished at like 1850). Lost 8 of my matches in placements :(. I know last season being Gold meant that you were in the bottom 2% of players, so i wonder if they shifted it to Bronze being that subsection of players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I like to use dva to fly straight up at pharah then karate chop+ shoot her

They usually don't know how to respond