Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
It's almost here, guys!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Bait and Swatch posted:

Just bought this because hype. What's the best low-effort grief besides being a sniper?

Play TF2 and keep asking your team how to switch to the blue monkey.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Sorry guys planning on buying loot boxes. Apparently they won't be for sale immediately.

quote:

Chu also said that the build of the game going live tonight contains no microtransactions of any sort, confirming that “for now, they’re just unlocked through levelling up.” Kaplan told us last year that they were considering charging for these Overwatch loot boxes, perhaps at the price point of a Hearthstone pack, but apparently it hasn’t yet come to fruition.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Heroes never buy.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Nobody's playing. ded game

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Mega Comrade posted:

It says 'you can leave without taking a loss' so I left and was given a loss :/

I've never seen it say that. I've seen it say "You can leave without penalty but you'll take a loss".

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

a cat on an apple posted:

You can do it as a group, but matchmaking will attempt to put you against other groups. This could be better or worse than doing it solo.

I did about half my placement matches solo, and the other half in a group. The pros and cons of solo matches are basically the same thing as any solo match: you're at the mercy of the matchmaking system. There are good, close, competitive games to be had but just as often it boils down to whether your team will be the unlucky team that ends up with the paste eaters and people who disconnect after round 1.

As a group of 6 the issue I noticed was that there may not be enough groups of 6 queuing up for it to put you into an even match (or the MMR just isn't stabilized yet). Every one of my 6-stack games was a total stomp; half I was on the winning side and we were playing against people who I would have sworn have never touched a computer before in their lives; and the other half I was on the losing side put up against what I would best describe as a team full of Seagulls. We didn't even make it out of our spawn in one game. None of the 6-stack games were the slightest bit competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Mercy's damage boost applies only if you have your boost beam on the shooter when the damage is dealt.

You can boost a Symmetra that has an orb already in-flight, and it'll make the orb do extra damage when it hits.