Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Man, I wish the non-origin edition was on ps4, I don't care about any of the extra poo poo. Still, I don't think my computer can handle the game and I probably got 50$ worth of entertainment out of the beta alone so I went ahead and ordered a ps4 copy from Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I can't seem to log onto my Battle.net account from mobile and I have no idea why. It doesn't even recognize my email address? But I can log in on PC just fine. Is this a known issue?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zarya is awesome, why would you completely gut her like that :psyduck:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm also a console player

The only two characters I can see them completely reworking like that are D. Va and Symmetra, because they don't really fit the roles they were supposed to

I hope they don't because those two are awesome too, but there's more reason to change them than Zarya

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Shield aiming on console is definitely tougher, yeah

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Get them alone in a tiny room and have a friendly Mei block off the only exit

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nothing, I need LT for remapping purposes

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Can ulting Winston get shields/armor from Symmetra/Torbjorn?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Torb can poo poo out 75 armor at regular intervals

The best part is that using it to become Rambojörn doesn't mean less armor for your team; the more you roam around shotgunning tracers to death, the more scrap you pick up, the more armor those losers get. It's a win-win!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is there a reason why 1 blue/3 white lootboxes always have the blue one as #3?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Damage wasn't really the problem but ok I guess

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

There's an Overwatch competition today, btw. It actually started yesterday and today is the finals. It's on JoshOG on twitch. I think it's Luminosity (Seagull's team, if you're a fan) up against the best in the tournament right now, EnVyUs, but I'm not sure.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think lg is against northern gaming red first today

it hasn't started yet tho
2 nerds I don't know are doing the lead up right now

Looks like NGRed is down a player? That sucks

And yeah, it's Luminosity vs NGRed, then EnVyUs vs Cloud 9

Edit: stream crashed?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

NGRed forfeits because they can't get a hold of their sixth player or sub

If they get a sixth they can compete for 3rd place later. For now, EnVyUs vs Cloud 9.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Map selection!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

I still don't understand Hanzo's scatter arrow. Sometimes it does basically nothing and sometimes it seems to instantly kill me from full health. I have no idea how it works or what to do against it.
aim at peoples feet, so they get hit by all the... splinters? That pop out of it

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Despite forfeiting the semifinals, Northern Gaming picks up 3rd place after some entertainingly close matches against Cloud 9

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Luminosity is getting wrecked by EnVyUs, 3-0 on a best of 7 style tournament

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I like the scen in the theatrical trailer where DVA is boosting and shooting at the same time

I wish I could do that

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Thor-Stryker posted:

I've had nothing but career offense players in my comp-placement. These 'ok' Tracers/Genji/Reapers that don't switch off when the map is calling for a second loving tank or something to counter that Bastion/Toblerone Turret.

How do you get 60+ hours slam-picking only one godamn character and still be poo poo at the game? I'd gouge out my eyes if I had to play Genji 24/7.
Bastion loving melts tanks, his counters are almost all offense and defense characters.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It would be easier to know what a flanker is it was a category itself :v:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

pzy posted:

I just won a solo queue competitive match 4 to 0 and lost rank, from 46 to 45. Is that normal? Am I that bad?
Did you disconnect at some point? I've heard that counts as a loss, even if you get back in and win

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I don't take low accuracy as Pharah as a bad thing, it just means you're using rockets for area denial and not just for kill shots. The only time you shouldn't be firing rockets like a madman is when you're trying to set up an ultimate from an unexpected angle.

That's what "flanker" means. :confused:

I mean there is kind of a distinction in that Reaper has a bit more staying power than the others, but he's still much closer to Tracer or Genji than he is to, like, Winston or D. Va.
I consider D. Va a flanker, too :v:

Otherwise, agreed

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

piratepilates posted:

Congrats you really sucked the fun out of the game for at least 6 people.
if they wanted to have fun, they should have killed him better

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

I don't find matches like that as satisfying, admittedly, because falling back to the spawn basically means that you have a handicap working in your favor but it also means that the other team had eight minutes to take the situation into account and work out something to crack your defenses and failed to, and that's part of the game too. I've been on the receiving end of being stymied on the last point in a fair few games now, especially Numbani and Gibraltar, but every time it happens I've had plenty of time to switch out characters if poo poo isn't working and I need to, say, abandon Reaper for Pharah or something, and so when we make it and get held off I don't really feel like I've got anyone to blame but myself.
Also remember that the handicap started out on their side, not neutral. The closer you are to your spawn, the bigger your advantage is. Losing when they have the advantage and then winning when you have the advantage is absolutely normal.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 3, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

I am pretty sure the normal OT timer shrinks faster as the OT fight drags on. Like early on it might drain in 5 seconds but you get less and less room for error as the attackers if the fight just keeps going. It definitely goes down to like 3 seconds after some period of time.
It does. I found this out in Pharmercy mode, where Overtime regularly lasts 5+ minutes

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nobody wants to prevent manual burst fire, that's certainly an intended part of his loadout

The problem is purely the macro making it so you don't have to bother

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

flashman posted:

I'm glad that the heal bots get less rank because I am less likely to encounter one who decides to play a character that requires you to aim on my team, handicapping us.
yeah, gently caress them for playing what they want to play

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

flashman posted:

Unironically agree while there are characters in an fps game that can buoy them above their mechanical abilities simply by running in circles.
Who pissed in your Lucio-oh's

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I try and play around my team composition most of the time but I play better and have more fun when I just say gently caress it and play what I want.

Also, I played Winston today and almost never saw either of the enemy team Reapers, lol. I have no idea where they were any of the times I was squishing the enemy team Widowmaker, Mercy or (mechless) D.Va

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grammaton posted:

Six Bastions on offense sounds kinda fun. I wonder if anyone's tried it.
Definitely on payload maps. Not certain anywhere else

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Rirse posted:

Is it me or anytime I see a Tracer with the punk skin, they are always annoying assholes to fight?
I mean, yeah, it's Tracer. Her job is literally "be an annoying rear end in a top hat"

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Yep, Winston might in fact be literally the worst pick against Bastion. Maybe Mercy is worse? But at least her gun has range.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty sure Reinhardt's Barrier wont stop the self-destruct blast. The only consistent counter to it is to have Reinhardt make a glorious self-sacrificing Charge to shove it away from your teammates before it pops.

Preferrably running down D.Va in the process, or at least killing her with the self-destruct she was trying to flee from.
you absolutely can stop DVas ult with a shield, I did it in what was the only POTG I've gotten as Reinhardt

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Sindai posted:

It's not her ult, but it breaks on damage so it's not that strong.
"breaks on damage" is an awful balancing point and would still be awful if her gun only dealt one point of damage. The first damage that enemy is going to take is the Reaper headshotting him while he's on the ground.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

No Safe Word posted:

D.Va not being hit by her explosion is actually really awesome
Holy poo poo, yes. Plus a cost decrease and shorter delay? It got a lot better, suddenly

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

They didn't mention Mei, Reaper or Tracer's ults being adjusted to account for self-healing

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

holy poo poo, Ana looks so fun

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Roadhog's self-heal now gives him like 20% ult charge

efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

teagone posted:

Just saw a nano boosted dragonblade on Moonmoon's stream. Lmao, it's insane.
yeah jesus that was ridiculous

This is going to make ultimates whose power is balanced by leaving them vulnerable much more dangerous. McCree, Pharah, Forgot, etc. gently caress, I don't want to even imagine Winston, he's going to be a nightmare