Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lady Naga posted:

Make it so that lucio's gun does zero damage but applies a debuff: heavy tinnitus, where the player cannot hear footsteps nor ult callouts.

Lmao, that would be amazing. More so if it's like a loud dubstep track that replaces all audio on the enemy player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Can the Origins Edition skins be obtained through earned loot boxes?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Minrad posted:

seems to be a few heroes the pros gravitate to when they solo queue...

What site is this?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

masteroverwatch.com

Oh I didn't realize they had an ESPORTS section.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

mcvey posted:

Level != skill/mmr

Yeah, I (level 35) only had time for one match yesterday in solo queue and got matched up with all level 90 to 200+ players. I got gold medals in eliminations/objective kills/time on Nepal as S76/Lucio and got an epic card for all muh kills. Felt good man. One dude on the other team typed out in chat on the card screen "For real though, eliminations don't really mean anything." He's not really wrong I guess, but :grin:

I'm pretty average/mediocre at this game too, so really just equate player level to the amount of poop socks filled.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Criiiiiiiiiinge.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

sleepness posted:

I don't really mind getting instagibbed by widow or pre-need Mcree, but I think today was the only time I've ever become dangerously unchill while playing this game.

I joined a goon group on discord, and picked widow. We won our first game, and lost our second. One of the goons just talked a massive amount of poo poo saying that I was the worst sniper ever and was the reason they lost the game. I decided to ignore it, and went to go take care of my baby who was throwing a fit.

Since I left my discord on, I was able to hear this goon CONTINUE to talk poo poo. I am the opposite of an Internet rager, but I was just furious. I can't believe some goons are so loving intolerable when playing a game designed for literal children in a mode that is non-competitive whatsoever. It just boggles my mind.

I think I'm just going to stick with inhouses from now on. The games are considerably better, everyone is pleasant, and there is frequently post-match chat to discuss the game and potential improvements by highly skilled players.

ImpAtom posted:

I was part of that game and before this stupid thing gets going further and becomes a weird source of drama:

Sleepless made some comment before I joined to one of the other players on the discord which other people on the call were ribbing him about. It was apparently a joke but it left him upset and in response he kept playing Widowmaker which the other person wanted to play, intentionally picking it so they felt obligated to pick another character, even when they asked him to swap. After the third or so game in a row he got called on it and whoever was hosting the game kicked him. (I think as a joke but I'm not going to speak for anyone else and it was hard to tell how much actual frustration was going on there.) Sleepless admitted he was doing it but also said he was really gonna swap that time and then left the game before he could be reinvited. I legitimately don't recall anyone saying anything after he left but I honestly wasn't paying too much attention so maybe that's true, but it wasn't a case of "mean goon said bad things about me for playing a sniper."

There. Can it be dropped now?

Stat shame each other now to close it out. Post links to both your bnet IDs on Master Overwatch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

Everyone post your Master Overwatch, so I can compare myself to you.

You know you want too, it'd E-dick waving.

Dooooo it.

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/teagone-1545
I play lots of Lucio, am starting to play a bit of Mercy. Waiting for the DVa buff before I start playing her more.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Egyptian character is named Pharah

Incoming :goonsay:
Her name is actually Fareeha Amari. Her call sign is Pharah. GET IT RIGHT.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

mcvey posted:

how is grup formed

Let's get our placement matches done dude.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Grammaton posted:

Is competitive like a league that resets every x months?

Yes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

It says 'you can leave without taking a loss' so I left and was given a loss :/

drat, the game trolled the poo poo out of you.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

mcvey posted:

Working late all week, usually not home until 1am EST. You guys are gonna have to crater your ranks without me :getin:

BOOOOOOO

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ended up going 6-4 in my placement matches. I played my first 3 matches with discord goons and lost all three of those, lol loving goons. Played the last 7 matches with my regular pre-made and went 6-1. Ended up with a skill rating of 53, so I can totally call myself a completely average player at OW now right? Ended the night at 55 after a couple wins. Competitive is good and fun.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

mcvey posted:

Shoulda been 7-0 but we got loving ROBBED. Stopwatch please Blizzard.

Yeah, we got GG RNG coin flip on Hanamura as attackers. Horseshit. HORSESHIT.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Master Overwatch now shows your competitive stats. Sweet.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

Man, I came so close to perfection :(

Now to go on some horrible 20 game losing streak.

You can try to go 10-0 in your placement matches next season!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

People are saying 50 is the average but I find that hard to believe. I'm at 67 and I'm hardly amazing.

The Master Overwatch leaderboard has a bell curve graph that shows the distribution of skill rating among a chunk of players: http://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/us The majority of players being at 50 skill rating, so I'd say that's a good baseline number.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Who is harder to play, and has a higher skill ceiling... Genji or Hanzo?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Brannock posted:

Genji by far. Genji's skill ceiling might as well not exist, and a poor Genji is actually worse than an empty slot on your team.

Would you say Hanzo has a low skill ceiling in comparison? Just wondering, because I was watching a few OW competitive streams last night, and one of them was adamant that Hanzo, even with his giant hitboxes, is a hard character to be good with and has a high skill ceiling. Khy's post just reminded me of that comment the streamer made.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

fortocero posted:

Went 7-3 in placements, ended up at 50. Somehow my friend who was playing with me went 6-4 and ended up 53 -- we played 8/10 placement matches together. Does your quickplay MMR factor into this at all? having trouble believing that those 2 games would swing things that much

In-game performance during your placement matches is probably weighed into your skill rating somehow.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I'm enjoying how much a rank number bothers some of you, lmao.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Efexeye posted:

man you are so aloof and cool...train me, teagone, not to care about things

It's not hard to be chill, especially in this game where it encourages you to be chill. The trick is to know and accept that you really aren't good enough to be MLG ESPORTS.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Master_Odin posted:

So does anyone have any actual factual information on that supports are actually for sure getting less level % than offensive characters?

I play Lucio/Mercy in my pre-made stack and we all got around 55-60 rank in our placements, with all of us hovering around that rank in several matches post placement (I'm sitting on 57 atm). I believe it depends on the player tbh.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Vermain posted:

If having Mercy/Lucio on your team 100% of the time was not required to win a game, would you continue to play them?

Yes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Verranicus posted:

Comp kind of killed the fun of this game for me, tbh.

That's unfortunate. At least you have Quick Play still.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Grammaton posted:

I was really surprised to see AnneMunition and I are the same rank (47). I thought she'd be up in the 70's.

Yeah, no way in hell she's up there with Seagull or Surefour or any pro player. Her ranking is pretty spot from what I've seen in a handful of her streams. She gets super salty really fast though, and likes to smash her mouse when she's not doing good, so I don't watch her anymore lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Does literally every comp team have a Mercy and Lucio now? Jesus.

It's still possible to win without one or the other, but you're just making it harder on yourself. I personally feel like you're putting your team at a big disadvantage without both of them on deck, especially if the other team has a Lucio and Mercy. This is why I'm hoping for some Zenyatta buffs and that Sombra turns out to be a really solid healer to vary up the support role more.

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

maybe its a combination of just playing a poo poo load of the game since launch and being burned out on it and blizzard forgetting their design documents, but comp just seems completely at odds with the spirit of the game with its try hard necessity, overly long rounds, and arcane ranking system with very little in the way of incentive except for those golden guns, the laziest reward ive ever seen as far as effort/reward goes. its all stick and no carrot

the game, to me, is a short-play goofy arena shooter with almost nothing in the way of punishment for losing. even when you lose in quickplay you still advance and get your rewards while still having played the game the way you wanted to play it. comp takes the core of the game and bungles it straight to hell, and even though quickplay is still there, its different but i cant really articulate how

i also think it could be improved by removing both ninjas and hanamura but thats beside the point

So, just stick to quick play then?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

SadisTech posted:

Everyone getting all excited about that gun blueprint seems to be missing that it's addressed to Reaper and Soldier back when they ran Overwatch and is basically what got turned into Widowmaker's exact kit when repurposed offensively. I think it's a slice of world building, not a hint at a new character.

The official Brazil Overwatch twitter addresses the blueprint to Ana Amari (Pharah's mom), along with Morrison and Reyes.

https://twitter.com/OverwatchBrasil/status/750738996578312192

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I am so dangerously unchill right now because the game kept reinstancing and rematching random pubs with a premade that kept trashing us and being assholes in chat.

Why the gently caress do they keep premades in the same queue as the rest of us?

Why don't you queue with a premade to combat the other premades?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Hold on, is this where I compare premades to hitler so that we can have this dumb argument all over again? I lost my notes on how to post in this thread.

It's a dumb argument because it's a dumb complaint :shrug: There's a very obvious solution to your problematic gaming experience, and fortunately there's even a goon discord for you to join up with others so you don't have to solo queue all the time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Braved solo-queue competitive for 6 matches, went 1-5 lmao. Only lost 1 rank though, so it could have been worse.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I've noticed something funny about Reinhardt players, when there is one on both teams, they will drop whatever they are doing to immediately murder each other, even at great expense to their own team. They will even blow their Ult just to make sure they are the superior Reinhardt.

I'm including myself in this as a Reinhardt player as well and I really don't know why. It's like as soon as I see that other shield up it's like a giant bullseye for a Charge.

From /r/overwatch
https://fat.gfycat.com/GleefulReadyAppaloosa.webm

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I want to see a nano boosted Seagull dragonblade so hard right now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

JackDarko posted:

They didn't change anything about Mercy did they?

Damage boost received a buff, she can move during ult animation, ult charge increased by 30%

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

flashman posted:

so shes zenyatta ? I don't get it

She's got sweet crowd control buff/debuff mechanics.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

the only reason you said this is because you want there to be an achievement for it called "nanomachines, son" but i will not fall for the bait

edit: gently caress

lmao

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just saw a nano boosted dragonblade on Moonmoon's stream. Lmao, it's insane.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

RCarr posted:

How the hell do I convince my friend that Hanzo sucks and he's holding us back? He uses Hanzo on attack every single game, and most of the time on defense as well.

Tell him he sucks at playing Hanzo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

See an ulting winston, sleep dart him! When an enemy gets hit with a sleep dart, do they have a momentum based face plant animation? Because that would be amazing.