Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

YoshiOfYellow posted:

lol if you didn't spring for the Origins edition for the sweet, meaningless digital loot :smuggo:

Baby Winston ownes. And my Overwatch HS cardback is like playing with 31 Cards :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I LOVE this game and it is fantastic to play just for 1 or 2 rounds. But the matchmaking is absurd. You either destroy the enemies or you get completely ripped assunder and spend more time in the spawntimer and on your way to the objective than "playing". 2 out of 10 games are really close and leads to an epic game/match thats the boredom and frustration of the other 8 games worth, at least now while Overwatch is new and fresh.
Funny ist that when I stomped enemies with my team, my team gets scrambled, but when my team gets owned, the enemy team does not get scrambled. WTF is that? Maybe it gets scrambled, too, but the 2 or 3 best players stay together. I dont understand that system at all tbh.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Crasical posted:

So, after I got wrecked as D.Va earlier tonight, I actually went on the wiki and looked at some numbers on some weapons.

Assume that S:76 and D.Va are 1v1ing, nose to nose, no damage falloff, firing wildly into each other.

• D.va does 24 damage with each blast of her fusion cannons, which fire 7 times a second. DPS: 168.
  • S:76 does 16 damage a bullet, double headshot damage because of D.Va's giant hitbox, -5 a hit for armor, DPS: 290
  • S:76 dies in 1.2 seconds. D.Va will die after 1.6 seconds.

This is theoretically a great situation for D.Va (Close range, the bulk of her health is armor, which 'is most effective at reducing the effect of low-damage, high-fire-rate attacks such as Soldier 76's Heavy Pulse Rifle'), and she wins the damage race by less than half a second. If the 76 is standing in his Biotic Field, it's .2 second. If he hits you with his Helix Rocket or even just shoots you with his rifle a little as you're flying in to start shooting, your mek blows up instead.

A lot of enemies can just straight up damage race D.Va and win by standing their ground, shooting her as she approaches, and hammering the cockpit instead of trying to escape..
I did not know these numbers, but when I play offensive heroes, D.Va usually is my primary target. Without support she is a free kill.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

IronDoge posted:

Environmental kills are my new favorite thing. Blasting people off cliffs with Lucio or Pharah never gets old.

It is actually amazing that the game "counts" these kills correctly as kills because of your action/interference.
Another - I call it - feature thats makes Overwatch so amazing :peanut:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I got five back-to-back POTG last night as Junkrat. I hope the pubbies keep believing that Bastion and Tobjorn are perfect for camping and cheap kills...(which they are with skilled players).
I think I have now 15 avg kills with Junkrat and I keep telling me that this is really good for a defensive class that I play offensively very often. :effortless:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Junkrat is overall just a great character. He is as good offensively as he is defensively and he counters most other heroes pretty well. He just has a lot of tools to work with

You got his nade launcher which is a great weapon overall, it fires fast and reloads fast. Then you have your up close and personal fragmine that you can detonate pesky Tracers with without taking any damage yourself and then you ALSO have a trap that is sooo underutilized but sooo good and THEN even if you DO die, if the other guy is careless and steps near your corpse he's gonna get blown up by your grenades-on-death mayhem ability

Perfect summary of what makes Junkrate so fun! Especially utilizing his grenade-jump was so often a clutch play to distract + kill opponents ("wtf what and how and from where does this Junkrat fly in my dir.."TIK TIK BOOOOOOOOM AHAHAHAHA!" :allears:) and to open gaps (and room/opportunity for their Ults!) for my team when we were beeing shut down in some areas.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Temple of Anubis against 6 (!) Pharas was lost because the pubs did not enjoy the freekills with Soldier 76.....

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Eonwe posted:

is 10 eliminiations per round average over all my heroes decent if my most played class is mercy :ohdear:

Do Kill Assists count as kills? Was wondering that

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Attacking against 6 Torbjörns that lock down just everything is the same fun like cutting your own skin with scissors.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Watching seagulls stream gives so much impressions that overwatch might really fit in an e-sport scene. I don't get some peoples denial. Or is this the fear that it will be "bad" for the game?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Papercut posted:

He's streaming some sort of competitive play right now and it's very entertaining.

Sick Genji plays, holy poo poo :dogbutton:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
My brother with his 1k hours in TF2 told me Overwatch will be boring in 2 weeks and not really hurting the TF2 scene.
Denial after 500 Euro spent for hats in the Mann Store I guess.
I gifted him Overwatch. And he changed his mind after 2 days. :newlol:
Thanks Heavy and Natasha. After 8 years we gonna part.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

what is the counter to widowmaker anyway? reaper? drinking until the pain is gone?

I prefer Winston and...Widowmaker and Hanzo.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Suspicious Cook posted:

So what's the exact formula for the Roadhog instant kill? Just hook and alt fire headshot? Maybe I just need practice, but it seems inconsistent.

Wait until the target is pulled into you, press primary fire button for the Short range shotgun and enjoy the kill, Tanks Need 2 shots tho if it's not point blank/head iirc

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I love how you can turn around matches where you are behind 0-94 % and with some clutch plays you win in overtime by switching classes and completely countering the enemies - until than - domination.
I began playing Mercy, and the influence you have even on...meh to average pub teams is so rewarding.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

agent_wildflower posted:

I usually don't play a healer but I have been for pug teams and it's the most fun I've had as a healer in a PvP game.

Same here! Every support class is as important and as much FUN as the "dmg" classes. I thought I would like 5-6 of the Heroes and stick to them. But Blizzard to managed to balance and design them so amazingly that I wanna play them all, so my real life and sleep take some serious hits lol.
I claim many OW Goons feel the same.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
So ist that Masteroverwatch Site the "unofficial" stats tracking site? I am #117 with Junkrat and wanna push my ego by telling me it's in a pool of like 100k players.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Countblanc posted:

it only updates your stats if you search for your bnet tag, meaning most people arent there in the first place and others arent upating their stats regularly. also it doesnt seem to actually care about anything other than "how much poo poo you do", so people who play 40 hours of Lucio are going to almost always be ranked higher than someone with 10 hours regardless of other variables. this also means it heavily favors people who play a single character.

the site's actual stats it shows in the player pages are nicely formatted and neat, but the leaderboards are executed really poorly and should be ignored

Allright, thanks for clarification!

Spiros, masteroverwatch.com is declared "unsafe" for you?!

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I poopsocked to Level 34 in 3 days and these are my impressions and opions:

- Overwatch rules, and while I love TF2 for everything and all that fun in the last 8 years, Overwatch does everything better and offers just more in every aspect, it is not even close.
Tf2 is uninstalled, I will miss the Heavy and Natasha tho
- playing in a group is a scaling factor for fun! You REALLY miss a huge part of enjoyment if you only play Solo.
I played with some random dudes that I added after pub games with them because they showed teamplay, off+def awareness and/or simply skill with their class.
Even without teamspeak and "only" playing as a mildly organized group, we won 21 of 24 rounds or sth like that. So much fun, so much XP, so much ragequits and flames in the Match Chat. :newlol:
- play the hell out of McCree before he gets nerfed. I understand now why the "pro" players often play with 2 McCrees, because he his Ultimate, his dmg and elite infight+midrange utilities are far away from balanced. Beeing able to sniper with his primary skill is the icing on the bullshit cake.
- Mercy made me - a "healers are boring" dude - taking so many time in the prefight class selection screen because I can't decide why I should NOT play her. Her impact is amazing, even with 5 crappy mates.
- I needed several games to get used to Zarya and h-o-l-y poo poo, you can simply wreck a whole team that fuel your damage while hitting both of your shields.
- Its funny how you can't lose with 2 Winstons in pub games (in this launch week at least), the enemies simply don't know how to deal with them
- D.va is a free kill. I bet good players can utilize her well, but she is my #1 target with all dmg classes. Her ult allows some clutch plays tho because most players are too slow or dumb to break line-of-sight.
- Genj has a high skill cap and can decide crucial team fights on his own
- everyone who thinks Mei is weak should l2p her. Avoid open fights, dont rush. I watched Mei players getting 20+ kills by superb timing of her tools and using environment as advantage. I got 3 POTG today with multi kills after Ulting. Her CC tools can decide complete matches. Just because she is not slotted in pro games does not mean that she is not both dominating closed maps/areas and annoying.
No other hero leads to so much rage and insults. If she was weak, she would not be in every MVP pool after the match ended and the Mei player was not completely crap.
- usually Sniper classes ruin most games for me. Blizzard managed to balance this. Despite of McCree. When you can headshot Widows and Hanzos too easily across maps, you know sth is wrong.

Agains, just my impressions and opinions. Overwatch costs me too much sleep, I Love this game.

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 29, 2016

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Blizzard doing work. Another hack busted (Autoit), the Triggerbot seems still working tho.
I hope they get wasted, too. The author "chancity" deleted all his posts, this might be a hint

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Elman posted:

Somehow I find it hard to believe Blizzard are as good at fighting cheaters as people claim.

I have no doubt the hefty price tag and nasty punishments will keep hackers away, but I'm seeing a lot of people who appear to think Blizzard has hacks figured out and there's no way they're getting around them, even though Valve's been struggling with this problem for years.

The AA Site skipped OW cheats. If these dudes fear Warden and esp. Blizzards lawyers, Blizz at least is indeed way better at fighting cheats than other devs, right now.
Edit: Valve detected the lmaobox hack. Did you miss all the meltdowns of lost xxxx $ accounts? :cawg:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I am almost lvl 60 now and focused playing on 5 classes. Today I thought I try out Reaper and :stare:
I mean WTF?
Now I understand why he is instapicked in pub games: You just roam around, kill 15-20 enemies easily every loving round and die like twice the whole game. You morph iddqd style out of every dangerous situation, even out of Zaryas ult and only die when you got into the mayhem or flanked/hit by shots you did not see coming.
Reapers ult is loving strong and easy 2-4 kills every time and you can setup the massmurdering by beaming or morphing behind or above your foes.
You guns are op in infights and by spamming shots at far away opponents you still scatter enough to get cheap killassits.
His only weakness: he is slow. But it does not matter when you are invulnerable all 8 seconds anyway. Absolutely ridiculous.
Did I miss the nerf postings somehow?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

ItBurns posted:

Have you considered playing torbjorn instead? His gun does a lot of damage if you headshot players at close range.

While you wanna be sarcastic, my serious reply is that I farmed Torbs in my last games, he and his turret are free kills for Reapers.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Fibby Boy posted:

As a Zenyatta solo que player I can confidently say he's pretty bad and needs a rework. I will say that he isn't completely awful when attacking payloads. Discord orbs help to scatter entrenched opposition which gives your guys a bit of wiggle room to either push forward or just kill better. And his ult is amazing for when nobody is willing to go forward even though it's just one dude defending the point.
I love Zenyatta and will instaswitch to S76. Zens Debuff allows melting foes, it is fantastic.
Only works when the Zenyatta player has situational awareness, stays back, used my Healing aura and helps me to protect him. If we both focus on his debuffed enemies I finish the match with 40, 50 or more kills/kill-participations.
I wish more would play Zenyatta, he his the greatest catalyst for dps.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Matchmaking sometimes leads to hilarious results, this is just from Mendo's stream

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Did you compile all these? You're doing the lord's work.

This is almost as good as the Lyte Smite threads from League of Legends.

Buy more CORECOINS to watch them sueing Blizzard!
:clegg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
My favorite meltdown quote in the cheater forum:
"overwatch was boring anyways I only cheated because I was gonna quit after reaching rank 70"

lol