Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

- Healer who heals by injuring himself, also has health-stealing and fear-based CC
- Roadhog-esque tank character who has both a self-heal and an AoE heal that costs 40% of an ult bar
- Healer who can go temporarily invisible + invincible sorta like Reaper's shift and burst heals locally when the effect ends, and can swap places with teammates
- Healer who's basically Mercy but instead of resurrecting people their ultimate is a giant target-penetrating death laser

Noice it's a bunch of Dota heroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

PerrineClostermann posted:

Reminder that character classes designed to instantly kill enemies at an uncounterable distance, with none of the traditional "weaknesses" of said class, are completely balanced. Nerfing such a class is absurd, and ruins the game for people that actually matter.

lol check out this post

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Adding hero limits is basically an admission of balance failure, and they were fighting it for a really long time but the pro community got loud about it and started putting in soft hero caps themselves, so Blizzard capitulated.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Hanzo was already pretty superfluous and I get how disappointing it must be to not be able to plausibly argue against that anymore but the hitbox thing just pissed people off and he still wasn't good.

Maybe now they can focus on something that will make him fun and different, like strengthening his movement options and bumping body shot damage.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The D.Va change is probably good overall but IMO Matrix is a little too good right now. Slower recharge rate or a smaller cone of effect or something would be worth exploring.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Duck and Cover posted:

I like the part where a good portion of the skins are low effort retextures (not that they're bad, but the actual work required is low). You guys sure spent a ton if time and effort creating those, thanks. Oh and icons? Sweet you're the best. I get the feeling everything Blizzard does has to go through a billion people before it can be released preventing many things from getting into the actual game thus the lack of skins.

Shut up nerd

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Pumpy Dumper posted:

My favorite deflect is when I hear high noon so I dash to the enemy McCree then reflect. 9 times out of 10 since I'm closest it will fire me first and I reflect kill him and none of my team does.

High Noon prioritizes right-to-left, not closest to farthest.

NTRabbit posted:

If he's using it to extract from a fight the reflect doesn't kill you, but it damages you, and leaves you vulnerable for his next strike once reflect has recharged, if you can't find a heal. When he's using reflect to attack you, it doesn't really matter whether the reflect itself kills you or just hurts you, because the follow up sword swing finishes the job every time anyway.

Swift Strike does 50 damage, settle down on your weird butthurt theorycrafting and stop shooting into flashy lights.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Finally had time to play a few rounds

New map seems cool, Genji changes are total rear end

Bummer to see them caving to low level players on balance decisions

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

Personally I don't give a gently caress about your tourny meta, I'm talking about quickplay, where I've just finished playing against a Genji on Numbani who wiped the entire team 4 times without losing his life once, or letting us reach the first cap.

He is undeniably overpowered, his chained abilities make him invulnerable and capable of huge burst damage, and his ult is unstoppable. He is overwhelmingly deserving of a nerf.

lol you are really bad at this game

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Bolow posted:

It was needed because it outlasted Transcendence and there's is literally zero counter play to a Dragonblade besides speed boost and pray or killing the Genji.

Every other ult in the game has 3-4 things you can to either mitigate their effectiveness, be it from positioning, having certain heroes on your team, or just killing the target because the actual use of the ult makes them extremely vulnerable (McCree, Pharah, Reaper).

TrashGenji69 could just hurl shurikens for a minute build up his ult, pop Dragonblade and be guaranteed at least 2 kills, usually supports unless they were utterly worthless. The loving irony in all this bitching about the Genji nerfs is that it's actually gotten easier to do team wipes with Dragonblade because Zenyatta isn't a 100% pickrate anymore.

It kinda just sounds like you only play Zen. Nerfed ult gives him 5-6 swings max, which is enough to kill 2-3 squishy heroes if they're clustered and their team isn't paying any attention to you. If you are actually playing in PTR and seeing lots of "team wipes," you should reconsider your strategy.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Bolow posted:

Rein and Zarya mostly. Most team wipes are paired with something like Earthshatter/Graviton to ensure maximum effectiveness because the reduced duration forces them to actually worry about enemy positioning like everyone else has to.

Do you feel that two well-placed offensive ults paired together without a defensive one in response shouldn't result in a team dying?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Zarya/Genji is kind of a wash. Genji won't win a 1:1 dogfight against a decent Zarya (unless he burns his entire ult hacking her down, which is stupid), but he has the freedom to disengage. She's generally not going to be alone anyway, so on the whole Genji's time is better spent looking for more vulnerable heroes.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Bolow posted:

Of course it should. The problem with 8 second Dragonblade is that it outlasted the defensive ults so at least 1-2 people were going to die regardless. I have no problem with Dragonblade being capable of forcing out a support ult immediately.

I more or less agree. 6 second Dragonblade is a reasonable change (it would be cool if per-swing damage was slightly higher, so that the ult still loses flat-out to defensive ults but can still do comparable damage to Reaper's, but that won't happen).

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Saralene posted:

Well, Sombra post is gone.

This one? http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748794686

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Remember when Geoff was like "we want to avoid balancing toward the middle as much as possible"

and then they decided Roadhog would be cooler if instead of Pudge he was a guy who dumped clips into a shields and then fed a bunch of ult charge and ran away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Played tonight and it was probably the least fun meta I've seen in a really long time.