Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Why the gently caress is there a range limit on "Come to me for healing"??

I keep trying to tag people with it so they come back into my LOS but they're just out of range so I end up spamming "I need healing!" which is spectacularly worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

verbal enema posted:

i wish more people would face the tele away from the walls

One of the guys I play with keeps on pointing the teleporter in the opposite direction away from the point we're supposed to be defending and it drives me insane every time

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Away all Goats posted:

More evil/villian characters in general would be cool.

Right now we have:
Reaper
Widow
Junkrat
Roadhog

questionable:
McCree
Symmetra
Hanzo

How'd you miss Bastion?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Chaotic:
Reaper, Widowmaker, Junkrat, Roadhog, Sombra

Ruthless:
Bastion, Hanzo, McCree, Symmetra

Jaded:
Ana, D.Va, Soldier: 76, Torbjörn, Zarya

Altruistic:
Genji, Lúcio, Mei, Mercy, Pharah, Reinhardt, Tracer, Winston, Zenyatta

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
As someone who intentionally held off on leveling up waiting for events,

Mechanism Eight posted:

Both Overwatch threads bear evidence that this change is a good one; Encouraging users to 'almost prestige' then stop playing until the next seasonal event is a pretty terrible idea IMO

I agree

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bumper Stickup posted:

So what causes symetras teleporter to be refunded? Kept porting only two dudes earlier before I'd get the "your teleporter has been refunded' message.

You lost the point

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Was watching a TV show tonight when I got hacked by Sombra

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
50% damage reduction doubles your health

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I really hate that the ticking-down for Sound Barrier uses the "taking-damage" red flashes

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I got matched with two five-stacks. First match I win handily and get POTG. Second match it puts me on the other five-stack's team. I win handily and get POTG.

I would have loved to see what both stacks were thinking :grin:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Duck and Cover posted:

Uh they know that they carried you.

They were playing against each other in both matches

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Tender Bender posted:

I know it's a common opinion to say that POTG should be less heavily weighted toward ults, but I don't get why it isn't inversely weighted, as in it should be skewed toward plays that don't involve ults at all? I always think it's way cooler to watch some dude do some skillful maneuvering and popping heads than just looking at the enemy and pressing Q.

This is a good way to get many Reaper/McCree POTGs where they blow away one unaware player then finish off two more low-health players

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I really feel like you get way too much bonus time for capturing the first point on any given map. King's Row gives you 2:30, Hanamura gives you five minutes...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Unoriginal Name posted:

On one hand, 5 minutes to bash your face into Hanamura B could be seen as reasonable.

On the other hand, gently caress HANAMURA and gently caress every minute spent playing on horribly designed 2CP maps.

Of the three Assault maps Hanamura is probably the easiest to conquer

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

hanamura is one of 2 maps in the game that favors the defenders (the other is eichenwalde), so nah

A properly defended Volskaya or Anubis is way harder to crack than Hanamura

Eichenwalde is just stupid bullshit, though

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What annoys me about Overwatch maps are the occasional invisible walls if you go high enough as Pharah.

The other thing that annoys me is that the bounding boxes for practically all walls are set as closely to the actual wall shape as possible, which means you keep getting snagged on stupid bullshit if you're moving around near a wall. This has gotten me killed several times in the middle of a firefight where I got caught on a tiny decorative bump on a wall. It also makes certain walls impossible to wallride.

Finally, there is no consistency for whether or not a sloped surface will have you slide off it or if you can hold traction on it. This makes roofwalking a memorization exercise.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'd like to see an open Assault map with no chokepoint gates (or at least multiple paths to the point), but requires 3 people on the point to capture it.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

turtlecrunch posted:

Can I ask why you don't like Gibraltar

When the gate shuts after the first point, the pushing team is filtered through four doorways that are very easy to defend from two or three vantage points

The final corner is a deathtrap, especially because the back route to that corner comes out right at the corner, and you can't use the side route that sends you to the bridge/behind the corner because to get there you have to go practically up past the corner

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Defusing the bomb is often much harder on the counter-terrorist than the terrorist.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Also because the hammer has a gigantic hitbox.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Eichenwalde is the single worst map in the game

Why are there so many little side paths that don't actually lead anywhere useful at all?

Why are the actually useful side routes beyond the chokepoints? If you can make it past the chokepoint, you don't actually need the side path! If you can't make it past the chokepoint, then you can't access the side path!

Why is the only way into the castle two extremely easily defended hallways? We just blew apart the door with a giant battering ram! Why did the door come back?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I don't think it's a pet class, I think the art is just showing off her hacking abilities by showing her hacking a giant robot and standing on its fingertips

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm calling a PvE mode gets announced this weekend and the whole dumb arg thing is about more than just a character.

Oh my sweet June 2016 when Overwatch was freshly released child

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Hughmoris posted:

He receives some points for repping Junkrat but I've been waiting for book #3 for way too long.

At least we know it's coming. GRRM is unlikely to ever get to Dream of Spring.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The RoF buff was a direct buff to her throughput and put her solidly above Mercy for single-target healing throughput (without even needing to grenade) which mattered quite a bit

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://fat.gfycat.com/ShockingBoldGreatdane.webm

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Sharing a hairstyle isn't "stealing a design" you dinguses

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Unoriginal Name posted:

Anyone pointed out the guardian omnic connected to Rein in the top left?

My initial guess was that was Athena, but then why isn't it connected to Winston?

Who's the black woman (?) who's placed near Reinhardt and Torbjörn but not connected to them?

Genji is connected to the Shimada clan logo, so who's near Hanzo? It almost looks like Zenyatta, but he doesn't have any direct lore connection to Hanzo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm pretty pissed about Sombra having stealth. Okay, I am mad about videogames pissed. Is there any chance in hell they are going to rework it into something not nearly as broken?

Wow a wailing baby is already gearing up to try to screech Blizzard into nerfing something that's going to be probably perfectly fine?

This definitely isn't something I've seen before in multiple other Blizzard properties