Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

The Walrus posted:

Can I use the PS Gold headset wirelessly with the Vive? has a little usb bluetooth dongle that plugs into the PC. Or do I need to use the 3.5mm jack and connect directly to the headset?

I use my Gold headset wirelessly with the Vive and have no issues. IMO it's actually better to use them wireless so that you can use the headset to change volume, instead of having to find a way to change system volume while wearing the VIve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Talorat posted:

Has anyone else had issues with Vivecraft having jittery and bad head tracking? I had it to a point where it was literally unplayable and then enabled FXAA which somehow reduced it a lot, but doesn't seem to have eliminated it completely.

Vivecraft is pretty rad, gently caress those little zombie babies though, impossible to hit in VR.

Have you tried reducing the Vive's chaperone camera refresh rate from 60fps to 30 in SteamVR settings? That eliminated tracking issues in a lot of games for me.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

I just played a bunch of Redout on my Vive and pretty much agree with Ciaphas. You can change the camera (Y on the Xbone controller), but you only get 3 options: On the back of the vehicle, on the cockpit, and in front of the vehicle. Still no proper 3rd person camera.

Also on the Vive it uses your roomscale orientation, not your seated one. It took me 15 minutes to figure out why it was just loading to a black screen. :frogdowns:

Edit: Forgot to mention that it defaulted to 60 fps for me, I had to manually change it to 90 in the settings.

Squatch Ambassador fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 9, 2016

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Are stories of the Vive running well on systems below recommended true or apocrypha? My system is above with GPU but the closer I look the more I worry about CPU. (3570k, not overclocked...yet)

I run the Vive on a 3570K + GTX 1070 without any issues. My CPU is overclocked to 4.4GHz though.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Just air cooling. Alpine 11 PLUS, which isn't too much better than the stock cooler, and a good amount of airflow from the case.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Is sound boxing better than audio shield?

That's up to personal taste. Soundboxing uses user-submitted patterns (aka beat maps) instead of procedurally generated ones. When you get a good beat map Soundboxing is the better game imo, but maps with the most work put into them seem to mostly be NightCore and/or anime. Soundboxing is still being actively developed, and a major update was released earlier this week.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Fusion Restaurant posted:

My base stations aren't being recognized on my vive. It's not that they won't sync, it's just like they don't exist. Any thoughts on what to do?

Have you tried power-cycling the base stations? I've had to do that a few times recently when mine were powered on, but not communicating wit the PC.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

The deluxe audio strap is a lot better, but drat the Vive is starting to get expensive. Expecially compared to the new Rift price.

(all :canada:$)
$1,150 - Basic Vive kit
$160 - Audio strap
Probably another $300 - $400 for the knuckle controllers when they release

Vs $549 for the Rift + Touch controllers, and the strap is similar to the Vive deluxe audio strap.

I'm not complaining - I knew what I was getting into as an early adopter. I just don't think I'll be recommending the Vive over the Rift to people anytime soon.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

It's more like they didn't pay anyone to test this at all. I had to do the intro 3 times because the guy who pushes the elevator button wasn't spawning. And sometimes my gun turns back into the Vive wand, but still fires and reloads as the gun.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

I wonder if Croteam would have been willing/able to contract themselves out to Bethesda for VR Ports. The Serious Sam VR ports were really well done.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

I'm kinda in the same boat. I decided to give the beta update + post intro stuff a chance before refunding, and ended up playing past the 2 hour refund window. :v: It's got some serious problems, but I'm hooked regardless.

Also I found a new critical bug: Dogmeat doesn't react when you boop him.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Edison was a dick posted:

I worked out what was bothering me with Fallout 4 VR.
It set the floor level about where my ankles are so I'm short and I can put my hands through the floor.
I need to check a game which I know does it properly to see if it was a glitch in room setup, or (more likely) FO4VR messed up.

If you add OpenVR Advanced Settings to SteamVR you can check and modify your boundaries.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

It's a bit more complicated than that. Anything on Steam can have players on different headsets playing together, but for stuff bought on other stores it's more or less how you describe.

E:f,b

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

3D movies! Of course, pretty obvious now you mention it.

In other news I'm trying to install ReVive. On this page it says "Install Oculus Home and skip the first-time setup." - does that mean install the software and then exit before making an Oculus account? The installer never said anything about first time set up. I'm probably being a complete idiot again.

No, you need an Oculus account to use the software. You need to skip the first-time hardware setup when prompted.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Yeah, Green Man Gaming with the coupon PAYDAY20.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

Does the difficulty ramp up or is there introductory stuff in BoxVR? For as great as The Walrus' feed for Soundboxing is, they're way too complicated for me just starting out. Soundboxing's UI is absolutely terrible so gently caress scrolling to the beginning of his stuff, 3 at a time, where there might be easier tracks.

There's beginner category for the built-in workouts, and there's a difficulty slider for user tracks. There's also a "Training" mode that I've never tried, but the description makes it sound like some sort of endless mode.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

KakerMix posted:

Also what's up with you guys turning via the controllers in Skyrim rather than just physically turning your body? That's the point of VR right?

Sometimes I play while sitting, and would rather not tangle the cord around my chair.

Pro tip: setting the max player height in the .ini to ~50 will let you adjust your height to eye-level while sitting with motion controllers. Default max is 10.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really wish more games would go for estimated arm positions and a body rather than free-floating hands. It looks far cooler and feels much more immersive.

Also it's kinda disappointing that SkyrimVR's default for sheathing your weapons is just your Vive wands floating about instead of open hands.

Someones already found a way to replace the vive wand models with NPC hand models by editing the .ini. Unfortunately it loads the right hand model for both wands. I'm using skeleton hands right now.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Has anyone else had problems with companions just disappearing on you in Skyrim VR? I've gone through 3 of them so far. The first clipped through the floor and never reappeared, and I didn't notice what happened tot the other 2. None of them have reappeared at their starting locations.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Dromio posted:

They should reappear if you fast-travel to a new location. If they don't, they're dead. And if they're dead, it's because you killed them! This happens to me when they charge out in front of me while I'm attacking and suffer friendly-fire.

I've gotten a lot more careful about stopping my attacks when Lydia decides to sprint out front. If she doesn't show up for a while, I do get nervous that I might have killed her without knowing about it.

Oh, I guess I didn't see the bodies. :smith: I haven't played Skyrim in so long I forgot followers could die.

fake edit: I should have just looked at the wiki:

quote:

When your follower would die to an enemy attack or a trap, they will be incapacitated for some time and begin to recover their health, just like essential NPCs; enemies will stop attacking or targeting them during this time. However, if they lose all their health again during this period, they will die for good. Thus, you should try to move the fight away from them, so that they are not hit by a stray arrow or area-effect spell. They can also die if hit with a damage-over-time poison that is stronger than their health recovery. They can also die from enemy power-attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Are the post-it notes in Budget Cuts showing real text for anyone? For me they all say this, and I hope it's just a bug: