Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Looking at what CMON was pulling with the Bloodborne KS, I'm really glad I skipped it. I'm really despising companies that are pulling FOMO and it's pretty much all they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

More like the expansions, bosses, and add ons that are only available for the KS. I can understand not selling stretch goals later on since it's an incentive to back the game, but something like an expansion never being available after the fact is annoying. My nerd budget has limits.

When there are SO many add ons to the campaign that what initially sounded like a fine $100 pledge turns into $500+ if you have to have everything. I know I don't have to get everything, but something in my lizard brain wants to have everything associated with a project I'm excited about.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

How is it different from the Street Fighter KS? They had their initial designs but Capcom had to have approval on everything.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Will there be retail or other ways to get Lancer beyond a PDF if I didn't know it existed until about a week ago? I'd like to get my hands on the book, giant robots are my jam.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Lol the wyrmwood ceo had to step down.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The video update from last week or so about how major changes we're happening makes more sense now.

I don't know if they'll document what happened like they did everything else, I think their video series was more of a Doug thing than anything else.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Can a board game really be considered a board game if there's no Catzilla?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Today in "I'm glad I held off on backing this gaming table"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r3kUAM47Qw&t=497s

"We made estimations on 30 tables, and now we're making 8000"

Like.. if they get this first one out of the way I'd be more comfortable backing the next one they do, but this first one is loving YIKES

I know furniture is expensive to ship but goddamn some of the prices you see in the comments are almost as expensive as the tables themselves.

I don't think anyone beyond the first few rounds is getting a table. Either at all or in a reasonable time.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is there a Dice Throne thread? It looked cool and i wanted to introduce it to my group since Gloomhaven didn't work out very well.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Might be just me, but after those awful sequels to DKR I don't really want anything else associated with Miller's Batman.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

lol, I'm still waiting for Ghost Song.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

Spoilers for privacy and content:

The guy responsible for writing the carnival scenario murdered his wife and mother-in-law before killing himself. The FG crew is halting production until they figure out whether they should rewrite or Alan Smithee the box, which already has miniatures made for it.

Holy poo poo.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That'll be the Excalibur expansion.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Other than the obvious, I thought it was weird that the faction leaders were wrong/dead for current WoW.

I mean other than how stupid the entire product sounds.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Dark Tower also sounds like it's gonna get screwed by the shipping prices prices.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Yeah, they're barely gotten their game table process back on track after only delivering the early bird tables.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I keep debating if I want to take the plunge because the scifi exploration gameplay sounds cool but I don't know if my friends would give it a try.

I've also been on the fence about dice throne but will totally get a marvel version.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Good point. I know I have time to make my decision since it was delayed again.

The shipping snafu hosed everything, didn't it?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Radlands looks pretty rad and I'm glad I backed it. Hopefully it shows up soon.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Hexplore do sounded cool but there were too many options for a blind buy for me.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I just hope marvel dice throne has some X-Men.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I missed how awful that Barry is since I love how Brad looks in this.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I was trying to remember why I wanted to avoid them, thanks.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The one ring rpg, I think the fate die is a d12 that is a bonus roll on skill checks.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I do like the secrets of the goop section, that last reason gave me a good chuckle.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Just use the gloomhaven box to stop the flood, problem solved.

The cyanide and happiness guys are making a new game and are using game found instead of Kickstarter due to the crypto stuff.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It can be flipped.

If you're bad at it.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

People are getting Dark Tower, has anyone had the chance to play it yet?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Dang. I was going to avoid it since it's connected to Ubisoft. But all those issues make sense too.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think the dbz game is the one where they offhandedly mentioned they'd never shipped to the US but took people's money anyways?

My main takeaway was that it prevented jasco from making a dbz game that was compatible with their street fighter game and their (maybe cancelled?) mortal kombat game.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Never trust Kevin Siembieda.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I did the $1 tier so kickstarter gets less money and the Arcs folks get more once the backerkit is open.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I always liked how Deadlands' initiative was card based.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

My copy of Psychic Pizza Deliverers Go To The Ghost Town arrived, and all the components are pretty great. Looking forward to getting this little oddity to the table.

BoardGameTables.Com are 2/2 for me on great quality items delivered on time.

I've been waiting for my copy to come in, it looks super cute.

My copy of marvel dice throne showed up the other day, apparently whatever mailed they have for tracking numbers broke. I really like how everything fits in the box.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The block chain hasn't caught up with all the new updates on various campaigns.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

What did you order so I can get a misdelivered game?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Finally played return to dark tower, once we got the rules figured out it's a lot of fun.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Still waiting on mine by it was probably eaten by Ian lol

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Does anyone have the Return to the Dark Tower game? I was tempted, but the shipping fees to the UK are brutal ($55 for the base game, then $35 for the addons I want)

I have it, it's fun! I haven't won a game yet, but the interaction with the tower is really cool. If you can mirror your phone to the TV everyone can see all the interactions with the mobile app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Looks like whoever is fulfilling The One Ring is giving an extra lore book with the dice replacements. It's really weird, some people have gotten 3 of them.