Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

madadric posted:

Thanks for the question! I Don't want to put words in Sean Gomes' mouth as to what uncharted worlds is designed to do, but Impulse Drive focuses on the pulpy character-centric space opera feel of shows like Farscape, Andromeda, Killjoys, & Dark Matter.

To do this, the 8 focused character archetype playbooks have their specific Moves as you would expect, but also Calamities, 7 fictional and mechanical milestones that complicate your characters life as you play and take Stress. Characters also have Hooks, relationships with PCs or NPCs, or problems they take with them wherever they go. Playing to you Hooks will earn you XP at the end of the session but may also be used during play to complicate your characters life, making a low roll more likely which makes the situation more fraught but also earns you XP.

There are 4 unique ship playbooks that describe a core premise of the Crew, their motivations, how the galaxy perceives them, and a tension or problem they take with them everywhere. While some Upgrades are shared among all of the Ships, each Ship has its own Moves for traveling between stars and what happens when they complete a mission/job/adventure to make them feel unique. Money and time are abstracted to the consequences of having and spending it, to ensure players can't hoard wealth and are always hungry for the next job.

Very stoked for this. For me, Uncharted Worlds has the same problems that Dungeon World and Spirit of 77 have: lack of mechanical focus. I get worried any time a PBTA game has way too many choices/moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Rubix Squid posted:

You've worked with Amy long enough to know precisely why she said those things and what she was aiming for given her state of mind at the time.

And maybe that's fine and dandy for like not doing the dishes or canceling plans, but holy poo poo that straight up doesn't cut it when you're involved in a business/creative project that people have spent money on.

Stop excusing this behavior.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Nuns with Guns posted:

I was debating bringing it back up but yeah while the thread was on lockdown there was a final update post about the kickstarter funds and the bullet points for anyone watching on the sidelines are:

-The parties that agreed on an upfront payment for work/licensing were paid.

-The rest of the money was taken by the Sea Serpent Games head as her cut.

-It's presumably all gone because while she says people can email her for a refund, the ability to send out a refund is contingent on a pro bono lawyer being able to get a $5,000 deposit back from Kraken Print, who are currently in the middle of Bankruptcy proceedings E- actually I don't even remember if they've filed for Bankruptcy or have just gone MIA with a lot of money.

-The creation of physical books for backers was apparently always meant to come from post-Kickstarter sales. Physical copies of the base rules were a standard backer tier, so that's pretty weird but okay.

Yeeeesh oh man, that's not the way a barely finished Kickstarter should be functioning, let alone a loving 400% funded one.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This seems like a thing that they should have done with Trail of Cthulhu style “here’s a bunch of different, potentially contradictory ways you could portray this faction in your game” instead of the wishy washy stuff above.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Team_q posted:

I haven't backed anything in years, and was thinking about doing the Northstar and Reaper ones dropping this month, whoops! Guess not?

I thought Northstar basically does fake Kickstarters as a pre-order thing on their own website?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah, Flexible Funding (the 'you get the money even if it doesn't hit the goal' version) has always been an option and ALWAYS been a red flag.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MollyMetroid posted:

Spellbound Kingdoms Arcana and Mountain Witch are my "I no longer expect to receive anything" projects. Cortex is late, but also providing regular updates so I do not have much issue there.

I read a very fascinating article about the cult that Mountain Witch guy gave all his Kickstarter money to.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

LongDarkNight posted:

Got a link? I'd like to know where my money went.

Someone posted it on the Kickstarter comments.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Backing at $1 will allow me to buy the game in the pledge manager in a couple months, right? I don't have the $100 now but I'd like to get this once I'm settled down a bit.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

There's also a new edition of The Stygian Library with brand new art ending in the next 23 hours. Looks like you'll get the updated PDF for free if you've already bought it on DTRPG.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

All this talk about minis languishment has inspired me to ACTUALLY do what I always intend to do when I back a stupid 10,000 Miniature Nightmare: Just use the minis to inspire my TTRPG poo poo.

Mountains of bootleg monstrosities based on minis I own, converted into statblocks and sold at bargain prices. The true Gygaxian way.

This is basically what I'm doing with minis that look good in PLA. Gonna be a lot of fungus and rock men.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

... the Johnson imagery in that thing is so confusing.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

quote:

Created by award-winning RPG developer C.A. Suleiman, Unspeakable brings the talents of the MBG creative team together with the proven vision of the Cubicle 7 team to deliver some truly exciting game products.

Oh word, I wonder if anything's been keeping him from working on RPG stuff?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

malkav11 posted:

I don't imagine that this particular version is probably any good. But it's not an idea entirely without merit. (Actually, I think Savage Worlds does something of the kind? I've never actually played it, just listened to some APs and so I'm not sure.)

It's optional, but the Adventure Deck does add some fun (and like you said, direct prompting for shy players) bits to Savage Worlds.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I backed a Troika setting, a reworking of how Pure Strain Humans work in Mutant Crawl Classics and a bundle of the Through Ultan's Door dream fantasy OSR adventures.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Getting in on Undead or Alive for cheap pulp western miniatures, so I have a question for those who've done the CMON Giant Box of Minis campaigns. Should I add pledge extensions (ie. shipping, extra boxes, etc.) now or will I be able to add them later in a pledge manager? The FAQ wasn't clear on that.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I’ve been trying to get miniatures for Dracula’s America and no one makes western plastics. I doubt I’ll even touch the actual game.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Everyone's trying to get in on that Logan Paul, pull-a-gun-out-at-Target money, right?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

dwarf74 posted:

She's apparently distanced herself far away from Zak. No idea of anything else but you can put her in the "people Zak successfully manipulated until he couldn't any more" camp.

Desbrough is news to me.

She did the art for his Machinations of the Space Princess game.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah since its initial release Mothership has basically just been a player's handbook and adventure modules. Any third-party stuff that people have created for it has basically been created whole-cloth.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

If I see that you backed the Ouya on your Kickstarter history, that’s a red flag about your project.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

SkyeAuroline posted:

Last 48 hours of Mothership KS. Still debating if I should back out on my pledge or not. Last chance for anyone else planning on getting in though.

I went digital only, since I’m not as interested in all the gribbly bits that keep getting added but I would like early access to the updated rules (also I spent way too much on kung fu movie Blu Rays)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

homullus posted:

The older your players, the better these are. They're also great for players of all ages new to RPGs, because you can tell them to roll "the red one" rather than "the weighted d12."

I color coded all of my dice when I started playing Dungeon Crawl Classics and I haven't gone back.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

KingKapalone posted:

Came to ask about this Crokinole board. I've been curious but thought they were all $250+. I see now that you can get them on Amazon for $80-100 too. How does this one compare?

These are the best deal you will get for a crokinole board. It's closer to the $250 one in build quality but they're $100.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

EverettLO posted:

Absolute Power, a second edition to early 2000s also-ran superhero RPG Silver Age Sentinels. I haven't been as up to speed as I'd like, but is Dyskami Publishing just a new name for Guardians of Order or is a legitimately new entity?

Yeah it's just Mark McKinnon again. I'm bummed that him not paying freelancers didn't get as much traction as it should have.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Trying to load this page crashed my browser.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Really missed out on calling it MORK GROG

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Are there any threads in here on the YZ engine games? I've got a couple I haven't read yet but I'd be interested in hearing other people's experience with it too.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903473&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

GreenBuckanneer posted:

People are ripshit apparently about the Witcher Old World mini quality:

https://mega.nz/folder/J5MmgIyR#nhCUZPhzIqnXMZzJpl6yxw

Are they all just dipped in black wash? The pooling on some of those human models is galling.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Monty Python RPG with an "original rules-lite gaming system" hits Kickstarter in October. Exalted Funeral and Crowbar Creative.

I do appreciate the Another Monty Python Record-style trade dress on it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

djfooboo posted:

Cool, Fenton is right up the road. Wonder how long those molds last? Never seen soft molds, wouldn’t mold lines get atrocious as it ages? Is anyone else doing minis in AMERICA?

Reaper’s moved their Bones production in house during the pandemic.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It's interesting but not $25 interesting

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Bucnasti posted:

If it was independent from KS, then why would KS invest in developing it? Where are they making their money? I mean other than using the project as a way to get investors to waste their money on the current buzzword.

This is what every blockchain startup struggles with but ESPECIALLY Kickstarter. Their model is already proven! There’s no need to improve on it unless they are adding Backerkit-style post campaign support.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

That looks like it loving rules.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I can barely parse this ad copy

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

theironjef posted:

I have to remind myself that there's a famous series of movies called John Wick that they're probably referencing, instead of the "happy fun ball" game designer guy.

I bet it makes him FURIOUS and that makes me happy.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Gangs of Rome 2nd Edition is up. Only three pledge tiers with additional unlocks being add-ons, which include masked farce actors and vigiles urbani so far.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

That is some damned good work from Codega, what a loving nightmare.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://petersengames.com/pallets/

this is psychotic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Did they ever address their sexual assault problem?