Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Wow! I actually received my MERCS: Recon pledge. It's a lot of loving minis, and the rulebook is unnecessarily large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

malkav11 posted:

I like the game well enough and the giant pile of additional minis will surely enhance the experience, but I do have a few quibbles with how they handled the whole thing. Like how they packed the stretch reward content straight up loose in the shipping box. And didn't label any of it. Thanks guys. A bunch of unlabelled, unassembled grey plastic minis. You shouldn't have. Also, they promised player boards (which you need to actually use them) for all the additional merc minis and....provided a PDF of them for the consumer to print and assemble on their own dime. The Lost Margin pack also seems pretty thin, which I would be more annoyed about if I had separately added it for the listed $25 instead of getting it in the All In package for $100 for like 8 or 9 packs.

Yeah, I'm currently just wanting to play the Mercs skirmish game, which means I just need to know which bag works for who, but I'm going to have to reference concept art to look them up. Great!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I received a Tokaido collector's edition in the mail today.

What the gently caress was I thinking

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

I don't know, is it bad?

It's just a really expensive version of a like 25 dollar game

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Ropes4u posted:

I am likely sending mine straight to eBay, the wait and QC issues have soured me to a game I haven't even played yet.

It's so easy to want a game and want to play it and not want to play it 2 years or whatever later. Crazy, right!?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Oh poo poo

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I have some of their currently available modular terrain in resin. It's rad and this looks to be rad and cost-effective as well!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Zark the Damned posted:

So there's an Armoured Core 'RTS' Board Game on KS - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/223137030/armored-coretm-rts-a-real-time-strategy-board-game

Not sure if it'll be any good or it it's gonna be another minis heavy trash game...

Your heart knows

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I love Dreadball. Can't praise it enough. However, I have to say you might want to investigate your ability to actually play the game in your area. In my city Guild Ball is the one true sports minis game.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The SWM Tablescapes Mines terrain kickstarter has begun, looks like an insane value

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1084069684/tablescapes-dungeons-modular-rpg-dungeons-by-secre?ref=project_share

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

RE: Dreadball
It's an incredibly simple game to proxy. I did it with wooden hexes I got from Litko and I'd do it again.

That said if anyone is interested in Dreadball, separately, I'd love to do some online games using Vassal. If you don't know the game and are interested in learning, hit me up with a PM and I'll teach it to you.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Jesus Christ, it seems like everyone can grab a hold of an old movie license and make it into a boardgame these days.

The Warriors: Turf War

Lost me at "movement dice"

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The Journey Fraternity posted:

Just unsubscribe from notifications for Kickstarters you've backed that have been completely filled. I did that for Hex a few months ago and don't really feel the loss at all.

Could you please take a screen snip of where this option is

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The Journey Fraternity posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/settings/notifications, and scroll down to "Account Notifications". Uncheck what you're no longer interested in.

The "Don't want to receive updates from this project? That's okay, you can unsubscribe." blurb at the bottom of Kickstarter project emails does the same thing on a per-project basis if you don't want to go into your account settings every time.

Thanks for this

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Pillars of Eternity board game has arrived at my house, expect fulfillment soon if you pledged

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Level 99 Games said that they're going to be Kickstarting a Megaman Pixel Tactics soon. Looks like Robot Masters up to MM6.

Kiiiiiinda wish they'd picked a better game for that IP

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

If I drew a comparison between supporting Kingdom Death and supporting Donald Trump, and saying you're ambivalent about the abhorrent poo poo that comes along with that, would that be Godwin, or do you specifically have to mention Hitler

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

At some point you have to realize the difference between art meant to disturb you and the worst type of fanservice

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

MrFlibble posted:

The pin up models are fanservice. The dicklion is gross out. Seems simple to me.

Base game contains neither.

Chick-fil-a sells a delicious sandwich but that doesn't make me feel good about giving money to people who are anti gay

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Have you bought the Dead Island Riptide collector's edition yet? Why not?

MrFlibble posted:

Right - except you seem to draw the line at 'makes gross poo poo' and I draw the line closer to 'people who are anti gay'.

I accept this makes me a monster.

Garbage Pail Kids are gross. Kingdom Death is demeaning.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Why do you think it's the grossness that people have a problem with?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

MrFlibble posted:

Wait, I thought comparing this poo poo to real world persecution was a bad thing? Making demeaning models isn't the same as supporting anti-gay activities dudes.

You're right, it's the same as demeaning women

Helical Nightmares posted:

Tanto Cuore is as exploitive as Kingdom Death.

Discuss.

I don't agree actually. Big difference in degree of exploitation

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

This

Is less exploitative than this

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Mugaaz posted:

You really think so?

Yes because I'm not a pedantic weirdo grasping at straws

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Also this guy is making some cool MDF templates for foam cutters to make your own modular hex terrain

That looks like so much work

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Tekopo posted:

This is actually quite interesting because it shows how willing people are to give money to companies as long as miniatures are involved, no matter the quality of the game.

Or the quality of the miniatures really

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Pyrolocutus posted:

Just a reminder that The Other Side kickstarter will start around 3PM Eastern or so: https://www.wyrd-games.net/the-other-side I assume the countdown timer will be replaced by a link then.

Going in on Abyssinia, though hoping they have a two-army deal that will make also picking up Cult of the Burning Man attractive.

Do we know what the rules gonna be like

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I dunno another way to thank Herman S Skull but from what I understand he does KS poo poo and is a goon so, I gave Star Bastards out at a white elephant party and it was well received!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

Some of the fun of Kickstarter is paying for something and randomly getting a free present six months later!

*Stares at plush "This is Fine" Dog*

*stares at Bernie Sanders action figure*

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Complaint: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/megacongames/myth-dark-frontier/description

gently caress you megacon for making a character deck for a different game that you can only get by purchasing a 100 dollar board game I don't give a gently caress about

Before it gets to it, I LIKE Myth the board game. I really do. But gently caress these guys for telling me if I want this extra character I have to buy the upgraded version of this poo poo.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Got my Millennium Blades 2nd shipment with the expansion and extras.

There's a crazy amount of cards in this game.

Brad Talton could cut his games in half and still have full games. And I kind of wish he would.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Exceed works better with people who aren't willing to go as deep as BattleCON requires after a certain point, I've found.

By deep you mean in terms of wallets I assume

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I have a loving suitcase full of that game and I never have anyone to play with.

Rename this whole subforum to that imo

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gintonicfilms/getting-on-board

Back this.

quote:

Getting On Board is a web series that follows independent tabletop game designers and shows their process for creating and sharing their games with the world. This series is for anyone curious about how a board game is made - from initial concept to shelves; for anyone with their own amazing ideas for a game, but isn't sure where to start; or for anyone who just loves playing games!

By interviewing different designers, we aim to cover the various stages of creating a board game. This includes (but is not limited to): concept design, prototyping, playtesting, launching a Kickstarter, finding a publisher, printing, and distribution.

A season of 6 to 8 episodes that run roughly 6-8 minutes each will be made available to the public online.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm the Pikotaro in PPAP ripoff rival.

I'm the Sindel official art that isn't even traced

I'm not saying anyone should report this or anything, but I am saying I'm just too lazy to do it myself

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The acrylic gaming wound tracker you never knew you needed

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1680464271/woundwang

perfect

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 19, 2017

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I don't know where you're getting off here Kate talking about how tabletop gaming has a gender bias. I mean seriously, when you talk like that it just makes the whole hobby look bad when we're all inclusive here. Pssh *pulls out a gaming accessory that literally compares hit points to a dick measurement*

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

KongGeorgeVII posted:

That is the most bizarre kickstarter, only because this sketch exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjOZtWZ56lc

It's possible that they didn't realize what they had done with the shape and name, but if so, oh my god how unfortunate it is for them

not that they accidentally did it, I mean that they are so dense they didn't realize

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

It's beyond ripoffs, too, like it's not simply ideas mashed together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Man, if it weren't for like everything else that would be some killer miniatures for a Feng Shui game.

Have you seen Dragon Tides? It was a kickstarter board game that was officially licensed for Bruce and Brandon Lee