Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

This had better be the best GM advice chapter in all literature.

Anybody offering odds on wether far west or the next grrm novel comes out first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Someone asked why people would want nude minis at all, and I said I could use them to practice sculpting clothes onto if I continue with that class I took at GenCon and oh god now I'm considering getting nude minis what the gently caress is wrong with me, HELP.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

malkav11 posted:

This is by far my favorite game that Cheapass Games has ever done and online Button Men was pretty great back in the day so I'm glad they appear to be bringing that back too.

There are Sailor Moon buttons but getting them requires giving money to that absolute poo poo Mark MacKinnon.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Holy poo poo this is ballsy:

My favorite comment is the guy who's saying "don't listen to the grumps" but who also says he got his stuff in the first wave.

e: oof, one guy pledged $770 and got nothing.

My favorite thing is how he wants people not only to pay shipping, but to convert to msrp on wave one poo poo, which is not even remotely kosher. I hope he gets sued into the loving ground.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Siembieda was a known cheating micromanaging rear end in a top hat long before the robotech kickstarter and I really kind of have a hard time feeling sorry for the latest crop of people he's ripped off. I mean I do feel sorry for them, I guess, but there were goons warning people at the time of that kickstarter, and everything that has happened since then has been absolutely Classic Siembieda Bullshit.

Thankfully, I ignored all promises of stretch goals and add ons and pledged for and got exactly what I wanted. One big box full of retreated Battletech mechs, admittedly somewhat annoying to assemble, because Kevin is a loving moron, but usable in service to a different, decent game.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The only good thing about Death Wish and its ilk is that they resulted in Falling Down being made.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

SpikeMcclane posted:

Gnome mentioned working on it a few days ago in a chat room, too. They've released quite a bit of other things they were working on over the last few months, so they're visibly busy.

I absolutely believe that panic will beat far west, even if gnome literally dies.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Orc Stabr is in it's last 36 hours now. I didn't quite expect how many final hour backers we'd get. We just posted an update hinting at one of the cool extras included in the packs, but if you want half a sheet of rpg rules written by a fictional orc and you've got $2 burning a hole in your pocket, now's the time.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1930759690/orc-stabr

We're arranging a small meet and greet at GenCon for people to get their games early, complete with said fictional orc and some exclusive doodads that we're not telling anyone about

Man, I was the four hundredth backer, and I'm gonna be at gencon, but I just haunt the heroes of rokugan area because getting around such a huge con is too drat hard for me.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Oh hey friend.

Well I'll be around GenCon a whole bunch, I'll find some time to come to you. You did win that special rock after all.

I love rocks!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

silvergoose posted:

I'm pondering getting it for a friend, but...um...can someone translate for me? Is the $10 level *actually* "You'll get the full one page of rules" or "you'll get two torn pieces" or somewhere in between?

I believe you'll get two halves, badly taped together, which may not have initially been a single copy.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Same. I may have to back at $10 if that's not kosher

Everybody's gonna get a PDF of the full rules, so having the rules isn't going to be a problem.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Minor Orc Stabr update: we put together the GenCon copies last night and I figured I'd share a pic of the process here, so I can maintain Kayfabe elsewhere.

The rest of the copies will be getting mailed out after the con, and the PDF and audio version will be posted during the con, probably fridayish.

This + Panic at the Dojo release has made July a retroactively decent month. Thank you.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

cyberia posted:

There's a new Tiny Epic game kickstarting in September

I didn't get the last one as I couldn't care less about zombies but I'm hoping this one is good as I'm a sucker for mechs.

Game involves programming your moves like RoboRally, I'm in.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

some loving LIAR posted:

The first and last video game KS I ever backed was Godus. Estimated delivery September 2013; supposedly there is a lovely mobile app of it floating around but I haven't seen that either.

The oldest unfulfilled KS I have is 13th Age Glorantha (Est. deliv. July 2015), which does at least appear to be on the verge of delivery by the end of August (it's "in the warehouse"). From there it's Shinobigami, which is under a year past its estimated delivery date but still apparently lurching towards fulfillment. I don't think I've got anything that I would chalk up presently as an outright failure.

I just got my shipping notice for 13A Glorantha, so have faith!

grassy gnoll posted:

I backed Breakfast Cult at a high level. :v:

I backed Panic at the Dojo at signed hard copy level. :v:

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 15, 2018

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

apparently I got just the regular edition. On the other hand, there's a giant orc poo.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

So yeah now Amy is saying everything is fine and the money being MIA is a verbal oopsie and the screenshots were somehow out of context, but I guess the Noelle the translator, and Olivia aren't working the project anymore. Going to assume the money is gone and the project is hosed for now unless a books show up at my mailbox.

demota posted:

I'm an editor on Kamigakari. I'm not sure how much I can say right now, but the statements made in the update Noelle posted are missing a lot of context, and that the conclusions drawn are inaccurate, and I expect the project to be fulfilled. Amy's been in the hospital.

Demo, it looks like y'all either gave your money to a thief or you gave it to a compulsive liar. Those are the two competing explanations at the moment. It's not a good loving look.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Rubix Squid posted:

That and from her end you're not blocked.

The only person who can tell you this is the person you are defending by saying she is a compulsive liar. You have serious problems and need to stop enabling this.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bumper Stickup posted:

I will keep buying indie RPGs that catch my eye and keep making up characters for them. However I am doomed to never play them because the only game that has withstood the test of time in my area is Yu-Gi-Oh. I truly wish something else had a player base here. Two different rpg shops here with play tables, one of which has a table for Warhammer, but everybody just wants to play loving Yu-Gi-Oh.

Have you considered running a YGO game? I made one one (poorly) using BESM as a base, like 20 loving years ago, with point-based deckbuilding rules that forced me to individually point every card in such a way that it would encourage building decks that looked something like the ones in the show. And for good measure, every player got to ask for one custom completely unique card that represented them. One player made a penguins & turtles deck with Penguinzilla as the unique.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Azubah posted:

Never trust Kevin Siembieda.

Yeah, very glad I never went past the basic pledge on Robotech. Those minus are never getting assembled.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HopperUK posted:

Way back in the day Kieron Gillen told me in an email that he had a habit of eating hobbit corpses in Nethack. Since then he's gotten more and more famous and frankly it's time I spoke out.

Not seeing the problem here, hobbits are good eating, fat and juicy.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Scale75 kickstarter is up

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scale75/scalecolor-artist-smooth-acrylic-paints-2

I like it but idk how I feel about metal tubes...

Me: getting back into mini painting, need to augment my paints, don't want to buy reaper anymore.

This ks: you poor unfortunate soul.

So tempted to drop 400 freaking euros.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The Eyes Have It posted:

Trivia Time: Clive Barker's original title for Hellraiser was "Sadomasochists From Beyond The Grave"

The Hellbound Heart was a big step up!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

A friend who does watercolors recommended Princeton Snap synthetics to me, and they're absolutely fantastic, they're my real workhorse brushes now.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mirage posted:

This is entirely me playing devil's advocate, but: the whole concept behind crypto is that it doesn't have an "issuing party." This "FundCoin" or whatever Kickstarter is creating would exist outside of KS and continue to hold value even if KS itself went under, as long as other entities used it too. Which is kind of the rub, really.

Also since crypto isn't backed by government securities, one coin would have the same value no matter what country you're in, which makes receiving international funds a non-issue.

The downside, of course, is that it's yet another drat cryptocurrency with all their myriad problems.

In order for any of this to actually work, the entire supply chain would have to be based on "FundCoin". The moment you start converting into real currency, you lose all of the alleged benefits.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HidaO-Win posted:

Battlemechs, Guyvers and Evangelion fight Cthulhu is a great pitch for a game. Cut all the weird fetish and rape stuff and you have a solid idea for a game.

This is literally just Lancer sometimes.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

malkav11 posted:

Better than third party shipping companies that tell the publisher that they've completed fulfillment but haven't sent your game. (I've had no word whatsoever about my copy of Voidfall and I've seen several other US folks report the same.)

Was it floship? They screwed chronicle on their paint brush kickstarter exactly like that, they had to sue to get the stock back.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

EverettLO posted:

The TMNT RPG reprint launched. Boy, it is something. $250k funding price, stretch goals set up suggesting they are expecting 2 million as a possibility, no PDF, and dice and miniatures that aren't shown even conceptually.

This seems like a bit of a shitshow.

I absolutely do not trust palladium to actually deliver anything except maybe the book. Been burned by them before.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Buy him an account

I thought someone already did and he got banned for shilling too hard.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

VoodooXT posted:

You know you hosed up really bad when you make Kevin Siembieda and Palladium look good.

They absolutely did not make Kevin Simbieda look good. He made them look good, since they were smart enough to gently caress off and 100% of what they said about the reasons they quit match up with why people say working with him sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Jedit posted:

I don't know and nobody will say.

I mean, after Blaine Lee Pardoe and the whole thing with r/battletech deleting pride posts, Catalyst should prooooobably be wary of partnering with a well known bigot.