Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Can anyone comment on Set a Watch? I see the follow up is on KS and it’s interested me enough to bookmark it for the 48 hour notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I backed one project at $1 because I couldn’t decide if I honestly needed $149 worth of plastic terrain. I ended up buying it, but now I have to paint it and then convince my wife to play a miniature game with me.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Comstar posted:

Techbro Wyrmwood CEO steps down

I couldn't stomach watching all of it - what I watched included:

- The peasants are revolting but I found out we can be sued for things under my control. Who knew?
- We will meet OSHA standards! Which I stopped before because who cares about workers health!
- Not wearing a mask while shouting at everyone.
- I dislike the law and would prefer to ignore it but the law says no. We will meet the minimum possible requirements!
- I hate having to provide health care to my employee's but apparently that's a thing now?
- We will have a HR person! I don't know what HR is but we will get one!

Someone better than me should watch the whole thing and get an actual list of what happened, what's happening and whats going to happen.

TLDR: they are over their head and have no clue about how to run a business

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Today in "I'm glad I held off on backing this gaming table"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r3kUAM47Qw&t=497s

"We made estimations on 30 tables, and now we're making 8000"

Like.. if they get this first one out of the way I'd be more comfortable backing the next one they do, but this first one is loving YIKES

They probably should have set a limit so they don’t end up loving things up.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

CODChimera posted:

I dont own any zombicide and I wasn't super interested in this until they added the horses and more unique monsters but now I'm considering it

But then what if the next zombicide has a better theme?

The horses costing an extra $30 is irritating, but I might back the game so I can paint 20000 miniatures in retirement.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

CODChimera posted:

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions about Robinson Crusoe? the setting and story sounds interesting enough

https://gamefound.com/projects/portalgames/robinson-crusoe-collectors-edition#/

Almost $200 before shipping killed it for me

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

El Fideo posted:

Yeah, I don't need to spend $75 on sleeves I can get on AliExpress for $20

Care to share a link to a reliable sleeve on Ali?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

The Eyes Have It posted:

Ironsworn looks like a fascinating system. I am actually not much of an RPG player, but I find the basic premise and resolution mechanics pretty interesting. I'm glad it got brought up.

There are a bunch of play through on YouTube. I like this one for solo https://youtu.be/IN-hld-_r1A

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

Prison Simulator the game has come under fire multiple times in the past for its treatment of stuff surrounding prisons and the fact that it simulates a for-profit prison in which optimal output is achieved by being pretty awful, iirc.

That could have made the game a decent tool to teach people about the down sides of corporate run prisons.

Corporations exist to make money and the easiest way for employees to succeed is to cut costs and make the corporation more money. Some things should not be turned over to corporations, without strict guidelines and penalties prisons being one of them.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Frozen Peach posted:

Do people actually watch Kickstarter videos? We're working on the one for my upcoming game and I'm super excited about it, but I can't help but wonder how many eyes it's going to have.

I rarely watch them. I've been watching them more often lately, just to see what other campaigns are doing, and they rarely sell me on a game. Sometimes I'll watch the how to play or preview videos, if I'm really on the fence. But I'm also the kind of person who backs a kickstarter and forgets about it until it ships. I rarely read updates. I rarely check in on the status. I just let it show up.

Clearly I'm not the target market though. Engagement is huge, getting likes and follows and retweets and what have you is super important to a successful campaign. There are people those things are reaching. I'm just not one of them.

That being said...

I'm so stoked about the video we're producing. It's turning out awesome and I can't stop watching it. I'm super excited to share it with the world. Even if that means people like me aren't going to see it.

A rule book and video describing the game play is important to me.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

silvergoose posted:

Shikoku: 1889 hit its initial set of stretch goals, over 100k.

Backed this a few days ago. It looks perfect for our group.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Not associated with the game or the people involved but I am excited that OOO Games will be launching a reprint / refresh of Bloc by Bloc on Gamefound on February 15.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

I don't know if there were any mechanical changes since the playtest I played, but this game is pretty bad. I'd maybe even say unplayably bad, but definitely at least on the "why would I ever play this over [better game]" tier of bad. The better game here would probably be Spirit Island.

Reading that makes me sad, I wanted to overthrow the system without actually going to jail.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Daaaamn, someone at Fria Lagan is getting their rear end chewed out so hard right now.

Apparently every Feat Die going out has an 11 instead of a 1, so they're sending replacement dice to every backer who got dice with their pledge.

Wild. I feel awful for them.

If anyone has an 11 die I would like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I have one of the zombicide games and will occasionally wish I had more content, but then I recall that we have only played it two or three times.

Estimated shipping of $35 for the base game means a basic pledge puts you over $150 for a beer a pretzel’s game.