Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Oh hey, the last 25% of my click clack lumberjack finally shipped after only 9 months of delays, stubborn lack of communication and reused components from the previous game.

You'd think for a game that was literally already published minus minor rules changes and given that they apparently still had components sitting around a warehouse from that publication they were planning on reusing, it would've been a little smoother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Tanto Cuore isn't really all that bad a game. It falls into the pile of games that are "Dominion but..." I've only played the base and it's not bad by any means. At least not any worse than Ascension or Star Realms. There's a lot of different elements going on that are added that vary from meh to interesting, but largely nothing ground breaking. If this were to have a bland and generic theme like Dominion, it'd probably have not received as much attention, but it'd probably get more play in more public gaming groups.

I mean, that's not really high praise to begin with and neither of those games make me literally too embarrassed to play in public.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

I wish Cryptozoic wouldn't use their updates to advertise their other KIckstarters. I backed the Ghostbusters board game, I don't want to hear that your Walking Dead KS is ending soon.

I ended up unsubscribing from a different KS I backed precisely because of this. When you spend more time shilling out for another product I have no interest in rather than offering any information about the thing I gave you money for, we have an issue.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

That reminds me of when what's-his-name from the Traveller KS didn't have digital rewards at first, because he didn't think it'd be practical to have to burn hundreds of CDs to mail out to all the backers.

lmao :wtc:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Happy Far Westiversary, everyone! :dance: :toot:

What grade is it in now? Kindergarten or first?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Edit: Ugh whatever

Hauki
May 11, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Hasslefree just put up their first KS, which is for a series of characters that each come in 3 versions - properly attired for the role, pinup, and :stare:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hfminis/kev-white-does-matt-dixon-female-fantasy-miniature :nws: obviously

Out of a perverse curiosity I looked at the sculptors page and in all fairness to him there's quite a few 28mm cocks & sacks hanging out too. I'm not really sure that's for the better though.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Depends how much of a prude you are really. There's apparently going to be a man in this KS as well.

I mean I wouldn't call myself a prude, but I generally prefer my nudity in forms other than tiny resin mans, and I reserve the use of tiny resin mans as game pieces where I don't really see the need for titties & dicks.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Litany Unheard posted:

Doesn't that one webcomic guy get a few grand a month whether he actually produces the pages or not? Fleecing nerds is a stable industry.

Yup

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ah yes someone left this strange feces just lying here allow me to scarf it down one moment please

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So do I but I don't feel the need to paste them on to every facet of my daily life

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

Well Cryptic Explorers looks really good, being aesthetically grotesque without being Edgy and/or gross about women.

It's also about to fail with half funding to go at less than 48 hours.

*Price is Right tuba*

Oh right, I forgot about that one. I was curious about it, too bad it's failing again. Necronauts was also a more unique name. I'm sorta curious what they've been doing to try to garner new interest, the designer is apparently local to me but I've never seen or heard anything about it outside of this thread during either campaign, either in person or online. I guess I'm not surprised it's failed to fund twice.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

had other fires to put out besides this raging tire fire that's been burning for six years

Hauki
May 11, 2010

haha yeah, I took a glance at that and went 'wow, that sounds kinda cool' until I saw the next line, "From the designers of Dead of Winter..."

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

I believe it's more cost-effective for Isaac to simply make the minis version the default one, there was actually a standee-only option but it was the equivalent of a KS exclusive for the initial print run. I don't know how much of a difference it makes but there aren't really that many miniatures, they're solely relegated to player characters and even the boss monsters of the game are all standees otherwise.

If you really want, there's a $5 add on for standees of the characters as well

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ropes4u posted:

The CMON zombie game broke a million dollars already - are these games any good?

Not really

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

I blame GW for ruining like 2 generations of game designers.

Didn't cmon used to be way into gw anyway? Not surprising they would cop their lovely rear end rules & design from time to time.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

adhuin posted:

Weird kickstarter of the week:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/990619951/consentacle-a-card-game-of-human-alien-intimacy?ref=category_recommended

A cooperative card game about sex with an alien. Totally SFW.

:chloe:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hiro Protagonist posted:

So this is technically a video game, but very TG. A Doomtroopers Digital CCG.

I don't necessarily have high hopes for this at all, but I'll probably chuck some money at it for nostalgia's sake. Also I play way too many lovely digital ccgs.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

Christophe Boelinge, of Dungeon Twister, Earth Reborn, and Archipelago fame, has a new game on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/antonioooh/living-planet-by-christophe-boelinger

Unfortunately, the Kickstarter's English seems a bit stilted, which seems to have also transferred to the (WIP) manual. I'm still not quite sure how the game actually plays, especially in regards to the cataclysm since that part is kinda messy, but goddamn that guy makes good games.

Uh man yeah, I like his other games and this looks like it could be cool but that description of gameplay doesn't actually convey a whole lot to me.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Only $150 for all of the game's content!! :shepface:
ah, a gloomhaven competitor

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Gloomhaven was $50 cheaper to pledge for though.

i was being facetious

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Merauder posted:

I love that the general consensus around here seems to be "Don't back things on Kickstarter", until something good comes out and then instead it's "sucks that I can't get all those exclusives :mad:"

gently caress off, buy games however you want

counterpoint: the good kickstarters don't have exclusives

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

you may not be an american by birth but you sure have a very american way of dealing with things you don't understand
:boom:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I.... hmm.

:thunk:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

All models will be constructed solely of balsa wood.

play doh

Hauki
May 11, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Yes, it is prudish to object to artistic pieces done in a pin up style for no other reason, and accusing the art style of being the problem is akin to telling women to dress more conservatively if they want to be taken seriously.

didn't we just have this hilariously lovely derail like a week ago

or was that in one of the other bg threads

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

It is absolutely a good game to never google.

I dunno, watching hyper-defensive fans try to rationalize the whole thing was pretty amusing.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I mean I have some nostalgia for jamming out car wars between meatier games, but not like, $200 worth of nostalgia

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jimbozig posted:

What a loving coward. If you want to publish a rape game, have the guts to do it and take the heat for it.

Everyone has secrets. We all have things we're ashamed of, or scared to reveal, even if we would like to reveal them. So we all have a choice: tell people and risk the consequences, or just keep your dang secret. Either choice is fine. This Kickstarter attempt to have your cake and eat it too is not clever. Nobody will remember your dumb pdf when you die 30 years from now, and nobody will care, and your secret will stay hidden. It's the same as not telling anybody.

Unless it's a game about suicide and the dude is planning to kill himself after the KS. In which case, I really hope he gets help instead of that.

yes, but maybe he scrapes a little money out of not telling anybody his dumb fantasies or fetishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

moths posted:

Is this a second attempt at that game where astronauts explore the afterlife?

E: Necronauts! And no, it doesn't seem to be

Didn't Necronauts already have a second attempt?