Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Red Markets dudes, zombies + idiotic tech bro capitalism isn't an amazing new idea worth universal adoration. Your pledge levels are messed up, your concept is Random Zombie RPG #11,453 (but with Economics this time!!!), and you seem to think you're above criticism. If you're such great writers/producers/whatever, you might want to act better than Bob and his amazing D&D heartbreaker (hint: it has really good economy rules in it!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
So the original 7th Sea didn't have sailing rules in the core rulebook? What?!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

cptn_dr posted:

I feel like 7th Sea would work really well with an adapted version of the FFG Star Wars rules.

It would work really well with d20 System I think. So well they already did it once!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

White Wolf stuff is not for me.

I mean if you don't like new wave stuff you can just ignore the new wave book? I don't particularly like it either, but it doesn't take away from me enjoying the rest of VtR.

Also regarding fulfillment and Red Markets have they started accepting pledges in Bitcoin yet or is it too gauche when it's living people using them?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

inkblottime posted:

Yeah, the chick on rollerskates (Zombicide) is kinda like that as well as the special guest box with the dual-sword wielding schoolgirl.

Holy poo poo take your hand out of your pants when you sculpt a miniature, goddamn.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jedit posted:

Dressed, yes, but it's telling that the big girl is the only one who can keep her knees together.

Are you slutshaming a miniatures range or something? I can't make any sense of what you said in any other way.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
As someone who isn't familiar with random lovely anime things, how popular is Ninja High School? Is it any good? Has anyone ever actually heard about it? Or is this like Ken Penders writing an RPG?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Ninja High School isn't anime, It's some American's anime parody. It's published by Antarctic Press, which I think has an exclusive distribution deal with used book stores and church garage sales.

it's still anime if it's written by Americans. Same universal degree of poo poo.

@Kwyndig: The weird thing is I do not remember hearing about it at all when I was looking at indie comics.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

To be fair, there aren't any 80s movies that were entire monsterhearts settings. Where was he supposed to get his ideas?

What?! Lost Boys came out in 1987, done.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

fr0id posted:

Hasn't GMS openly mentioned that he's dealing with depression? Why is it okay to constantly make fun of him for not making his game but it's taboo to hold Mikan accountable? Mikan seems like an awesome person and it's horrific what happened to them, but they still ducked out on their Kickstarter without a word to their backers about it. GMS wasn't stalked, but he does have this entire subforum regularly literally calling him a piece of poo poo.

GMS is still a person participating in the industry online and with an online presence. Mikan was literally harassed off the internet in fear of their life and out of the industry completely. Way loving different. You can't get word out to your backers when any public communication gives your stalker a way to access you.

Seriously, all of you shitheads whining about Last Stand should shut the gently caress up. You have no idea what happened, and you need to move on.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dagon posted:

When the license doc was out there, it was Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0, so its probably fair to go to town.

I believe her last act was to release the entire thing free as CC, but do not take me as an authority on that.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

The one mechanic he revealed already makes more worry. When Monte was discussing conflict resolution he noted that normally you'd roll to hit some target number, pitting your modifiers against it before rolling a die of some sort and hoping to get over that TN. (Monte seems to have become incapable of calling a spade a spade and instead calls it "challenge", but whatever.) The weird part is that magic is distinct from this and instead adds dice, which adds another variable to consider. Okay... And then he mentions that having magic on the other side will in turn require more successes to ultimately not fail. So what we have here is a conflict resolution system with three distinct but not independent variables, which can easily spiral out of control in the best hands. Monte, on the other hand, hasn't been so apt in the past even with one variable.

It worked great for the Old World of Darkness. Million seller! Game of a decade! What could go wrong?*

*cue that Greg Stolze anecdote.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

GaistHeidegger posted:

Not familiar with this, is there somewhere I could read it?

It's really simple. Greg Stolze is working on the rules for Demon: the Fallen, so he goes to White Wolf's development team and asks "Hey, what are the guidelines for modifiers for the Storyteller system? When does something affect the dice pool and when does it affect the target number?" They look at him, shrug and go "Dunno, pick whichever one feels good."

I believe this was what inspired Stolze to make ORE.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mike12345 posted:

The fact you require nudity to have a purpose is really weird.

If you're including it in your goddamn elfgames, yeah, it needs a purpose. Go back to Reddit or whatever hole you climbed out of.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

clockworkjoe posted:

The Pictures for Sad Children artist? I don't think so. Are you referring to some other completely different artist who hasn't been mentioned at all so far? Maybe be a little more specific?

Also, the gold standard for tabletop KS fraud is Ken Whitman: http://notanotherdime.blogspot.com/

I think that's Aaron Diaz of Dresden Codak they're referring to.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

moths posted:

That forest goblin Kickstarter failed to fund. It probably would have been more wise to wait until after successfully delivering the shieldmaidens before launching their next project.

psst: they were probably depending upon the forest goblins money TO deliver the shieldmaidens.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

Are there any good resources for first time RPG kickstarters? I'm thinking of writing an adventure for one or more pre-existing systems open systems and running a kickstarter.

I know Kevin Crawford has written some advice, maybe on his blog?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cinnamon Bear posted:

This is pretty wild guys, but I am a fan of boobs and a fan of not having rape statuary in my home.

You prude. How can you live with yourself?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jedit posted:

Also catastrophic stupidity on the part of everyone who backed it. It's been less than a month since the project runners announced that the expansion comprising something like 25% of the first project's money was cancelled without refunds, then they proceeded to name every pledge level in the new project after the cancelled expansion. Nobody backing that POS is going to get what they paid for.

Incidentally, someone ran the numbers and all the high-end completist levels require a pledge of sometimes up to twice what the rewards are worth. I think at last count the $1666 level would cost something like $900 if you pledged $1 and bought it all as add-ons.

Come on sticking it to the SJWs who are prudes about the human body is TOTALLY worth a $700 premium. Right?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Jesus don't back the lovely objectifying titty miniatures game, come the gently caress on. It's 2016, you can do better than that bullshit.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

loving puritans. You don't like poo poo, don't buy poo poo. You're welcome to judge people who do buy it and i'm welcome to judge you for judging them.

Yeah, sorry you're making yourself into the problem when you're calling critics puritans. We're not saying sex is bad, we're saying that using dismembered, sexualized women's body parts as game pieces is disgusting and unacceptable.

So yeah, come the gently caress on. Perpetuating violence (sexual and physical) against women so you can get off to a lovely titty miniatures game IS what bad people do.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

Ascribing morality to an action which has no negative outcomes for anyone, at all, is in itself immoral. It erodes society as a whole. You shouldn't ban books and you shouldn't ban severed head titty miniatures, as distasteful as they may be.

No, you idiot. Normalizing and endorsing violence against women has a huge negative outcome in society. This is what makes people think its okay to beat their partners, which makes men think it's okay to injure or murder women who won't date or have sex with them, so forth and so on. Sexualized violence against women is a massive, actual real-life problem.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

Ok, i'll make this my last post on the subject. I'm perfectly happy buying the stuff I want to from this kickstarter. And all this poo poo about buying the non gross poo poo makes me a bad person because the dude also makes gross poo poo? Doesn't bother me one bit.

If you believe that gross poo poo existing makes society a bad place and want to make this stuff stop existing you are going to have to learn new tactics.

Hey dude, the fact that you've heard of people pointing out that bad things are bad, that it has gotten through your safe privilege bubble to frustrate you so much because it actually makes you think about your actions for a moment? That means it's working.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Serf posted:

You could just... not give your money to the gross titty death horror game. I know I've passed on things I wanted because I refused to support aspects of them that I found distasteful. The only effective voice a person has is in how they spend their money.

I don't think he's able to do that. His life as a white dude is predicated on being able to conquer and have whatever he wants, and he wants this. The problem isn't him, the problem is all those drat social justice warriors trying to get between him and the toy he wants. He wants the toy. Why can't you understand that?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
DTRPG's "weird censorship kerfluffles" were banning Desborough's idiot Gamergate game and a Chris Fields product literally titled Tournament of Rapists. Sex moves in a PbtA game are a far cry from either of those.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I love me some Bronze age Roleplaying, and I love FATE, so I can't help but be intrigued by this. That said, it honestly looks pretty :effort:.

Guy says he has the whole thing written already and is only Kickstarting for art and layout. It might be a bit bare bones but it honestly looks like the guy has all his ducks in a row and is trying not to extend himself too far for his first Kickstarter.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Many undead stay behind because of unfinished business. He felt he had more to teach. The problem is, tenure never ends..

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Serf posted:

I got my copy of Noisy Person Cards today. The stuff is all pretty high-quality and it looks like it will be a blast to play. My only complaint is that the box it comes in is a little too small so the cards just barely fit in there. Getting them in and out is a little annoying. Otherwise I love it.

Is it noisy? :v:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

It still boggles my mind that we're here in TYOOL 2017 and there are still people who, when they realize that D&D/Pathfinder isn't working for them, will try to bend those games into new shapes they weren't meant to be in rather than just try one of the hundreds of other readily available games out there.

Not brain damage Ron Edwards. Really, really, really disordered thinking. We need like cognitive therapy. Teach people it's okay to try FATE or something.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Is this the first Pathfinder heartbreaker? The very idea is absurd.

There's been a couple already. Pathfinder has been out for what, seven years at this point? Plenty of time for this kind of stuff to crop up.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

What's this 3.75 bullshit. If it's Pathfinder just say it you nobs.

They can't say Pathfinder because Paizo has their own pretty strict compatibility license requirements and that definitely breaks them.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I think she's referring to the Pathfinder Compatibility License, which lets you use an official PCL logo and the like, but has specific restrictions. Not that Paizo seems to watch products that use it very closely, but really egregious violations might catch their eye.

Yep. Leperflesh is right that you could just say compatible with Pathfinder if you wanted to, but the official compatible with Pathfinder logo is something Paizo restricts. And you actually do need to apply and get clearance from Paizo for each product you release using that logo as far as I know.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Covok posted:

To be honest, the idea of mixing cowboys and martials artists is cool enough that I'm surprised someone hasn't stole it and made their own game yet.

March contest?

We all saw Shanghai Noon, dude.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

This is Bie, they're talking about old Doctor Who.

Colin Baker. Mrow!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Timelines must be stopped.

Have you ever said, "Oh boy, a timeline! I'm excited to read this!" If so, I would like to forward the assertion that you may not exist.

The 160 page FR one is really good! But it's a terrible introductory book for anyone.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

No. 17 minis for $100 isn't great value.

That sounds about right to me for competitors to the jewel-like objects of wonder.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Soda Pop is making prepainted miniatures for Starfinder, which is probably a good example of where the quality of that RPG is going to end up.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Do you love 5e? Do you miss 3rd party splat book bloat? Do you want to back a project from a creator who's chronically late?

Boy, do I have the Kickstarter for you!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/a-touch-of-class-7-new-classes-for-5th-edition

Already 4,400% funded!

Late shouldn't be an issue for this, apparently. It's just a compilation of stuff ENWorld has already published; they say the PDF goes out immediately and printing starts at the same time. Looks like Morrus has learned something.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
TBH the big mistake looks like ASH LAW going hey "you're good at Kickstarter fulfillment, wanna do mine" before the guy's other Kickstarter still hadn't actually been fulfilled (and unsurprisingly still hasn't been.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

This is the same group that's making the Starfinder minis for Paizo, isn't it?

How do they plan to release those when they've barely finished their prior projects?

Between that and the Kingdom Death thing I'm getting the feeling Paizo is letting their eye slip off the ball. It's going to cost them soon.