Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Missed an opportunity to use the term "transmedia" in the title there Ettin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

I love the FFG books for providing detailed information on the Star Wars universe that is better-presented than on Wookiepedia and the excellent art, but hoo boy is it a bad system for running an actual Star Wars game. The only good part of the system mechanically are the Destiny points.

Serf
May 5, 2011

jivjov posted:

I really could not disagree more. I've run several campaigns and had a blast in a very Star Wars-y fashion.

Whenever I read that book I get very turned off by the big lists of gear, feats and other unexciting nonsense. I feel like Star Wars needs to have as few rules as possible to feel at all Star Wars-y. Also the core resolution mechanic is highly fiddly and not at all fun.

I mean you can have fun with the system no doubt. My brother has been running a campaign for about 2 years on and off, but they've never played with most of the fiddly rules. I bought EotE and AoR and I think they are excellent products for running a Star Wars game in a different system, just really bad at letting you do what makes Star Wars fun and interesting.

But different strokes and all that.

Serf
May 5, 2011

They should have sent a poet.

Serf
May 5, 2011

New thread title is on point.

To contribute: I picked up my Fate More KS books. Both Young Centurions and Majestic 12 are beautiful books. Quality stuff, and delivered a lot sooner than I expected.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Isn't Torment pretty far behind schedule? Not that I fault Monte Cook for that. Even video game kickstarters that aren't obvious scams always wildly miss their target release dates.

I backed it so long ago that I can't even remember what the timeframe was. I think it was originally supposed to come out at the end of 2014? I actually bought the RPG based on how interesting the videogame looked, but it turned out to be dogshit. That pretty much killed my interest in the videogame.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fenarisk posted:

To be fair, and I know I'm gonna be absolutely burned at the stake for this, it's not an excuse to just run off with the kickstarter money/not fulfill obligations. That's a much lower level of unprofessional but it still is, you wouldn't get away with that poo poo in the adult world of work.

If you knew it was gonna happen, why would you still run your mouth you ignorant loving shithead?

Getting driven into hiding is a pretty good reason to go dark, imo. Sucks for backers, sure. But personal safety is way more important than roleplaying games.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I get frustrated with the usual goon explanation because it actually flies in the face of things Mikan said more than once regarding the Kickstarter. I find it to be a oversimplification and frankly fairly tacky to treat them as a voiceless TG martyr instead of an adult faced a terrible situation who made their own choices on how to deal with it.

That choice being to opt for self-preservation over the delivery of an elfgame?

I do love how this topic is bringing out the people who apparently value their investment in a roleplaying game over a person's life.

Serf
May 5, 2011

fr0id posted:

Hasn't GMS openly mentioned that he's dealing with depression? Why is it okay to constantly make fun of him for not making his game but it's taboo to hold Mikan accountable? Mikan seems like an awesome person and it's horrific what happened to them, but they still ducked out on their Kickstarter without a word to their backers about it. GMS wasn't stalked, but he does have this entire subforum regularly literally calling him a piece of poo poo.

When did "having depression" become equivalent to "literally getting death threats and being harassed"??

Serf
May 5, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Well, given a choice of buying that notion or what Mikan actually posted to the kickstarter updates, I'll go with the latter. Maybe you know something I don't, and frankly I don't necessarily need to know the specifics of what happened or is happening, it's none of my business. But I can only make judgements based on the facts I have.

The fact that things turn this virulent this quickly doesn't help matters. It really doesn't.

Yo, how much are you out for the Last Stand KS? If I Paypal you the money will that get you to shut the gently caress up?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

did some internet weirdos throw bricks thru this mikan dudes windows? like what was actually done?

Are you not reading the thread? Have people not posted about the harassment, death threats, stalking, doxxing etc? I've seen these things laid out in the posts above, so I'm worried that you may either be terminally stupid or arguing in bad faith.

Serf
May 5, 2011

no im wondering why this dude is equating internet death threats to physical violence

...because an internet death threat is a threat of physical violence? Stalking and doxxing could lead some person to your location where they can then hurt you?

Serf
May 5, 2011

yea youre right, a lot of people acting on the millions of death threats made on the internet

Oh, so terminally stupid AND arguing in bad faith. Gotcha.

Serf
May 5, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Look, there's a world of difference between what Alien Rope Burn is saying and this dude.

Yeah, it's my bad for engaging with the obvious troll, but I was in no way associating them with ARB. I can see where ARB is coming from, even if I vehemently disagree.

Serf
May 5, 2011

FRINGE posted:

SA is the home of the grognards.txt crew who had members that made a sport of going site to site to harass people. Why is this a discussion here?

Zak is terrible.

Mikan owes people money.

New topic?

Mikan owes people money because Zak S drove her into hiding. Last I checked, that motherfucker was very much still present on the Internet. Maybe folks should complain to him about losing money?

Oh wait they can't because they'll end up getting death threats too.

Serf
May 5, 2011

They're both garbage people. Save your money and spend it on something else.

*sanitation workers are wonderful and underpaid human beings who deserve our endless gratitude. What I'm describing here is more of a trash golem situation.

Serf
May 5, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Hasslefree just put up their first KS, which is for a series of characters that each come in 3 versions - properly attired for the role, pinup, and :stare:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hfminis/kev-white-does-matt-dixon-female-fantasy-miniature :nws: obviously

The gently caress is wrong with people

Serf
May 5, 2011

mike12345 posted:

The fact you require nudity to have a purpose is really weird.

The quest for purpose is a central element of the human condition my dude

Serf
May 5, 2011

Just from reading some of the stuff he's written I get the sense that there is no medical procedure known to humankind that could extricate Luke Crane's giant head from his cavernous rear end in a top hat.

Serf
May 5, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

You can always trust a random RPG kickstarter to drown out everything else in this thread for days at a time.

Posting about RPG Kickstarters in the TG Kickstarter thread?? Well I never!

Also: Scion was a concept I wanted to love wrapped in a garbage system. I hope they can improve on it this time around. And get off their asses and bring back Adventure! and the rest of the Aeon line!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Peas and Rice posted:

Isn't tor that super hosed up S&M rape fantasy setting?

That's Gor

Serf
May 5, 2011

Say what you will about the insanity of that KS, it has some fantastic art. Unless they stole it from somewhere, in which case they have excellent taste in the art they steal.

Serf
May 5, 2011

inklesspen posted:

Until they walk back and apologize for their support for Zak, they don't get a single dollar from me.

Same.

For what it's worth, the person who handled my Masks refund was very polite and professional about the whole thing.

Serf
May 5, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Panic At The Dojo
is now live! It is a tactical, grid-based combat game, with a focus on crazy action movie physics and flashy, showy combat styles. There is also a free preview adventure available, with pre-made characters and encounters. Check it out!

You had me at grid-based.

Serf
May 5, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

But I think it's a bridge too far to call Monsterhearts's backers "enablers" even if they have publicly disagreed with his handling of the situation.

Where did this happen?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Det_no posted:

Is there a thread about this game? Or is it too "ew boobs!" for this place? News of the failed cancelled expansion made me look into it and it looks sweet but can't seem to find a thread.

lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

Alternatively: Simon Stalenhag has been putting out these amazing paintings depicting mostly kids interacting with alien stuff for way longer than Stranger Things has been around and the designers of the game went with that as their inspiration?

I backed it as soon as it was posted because I've been in love with that art forever. I hope that they use this Silver State stuff for the American expansion, as the desert is just the natural place for weird alien happenings in America.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

All the kingdom death ones seem to be concentrated on pin-up figures (which they do male versions of now) and a few super gross monsters. The base game and most of the expansions seem fine.

And considering how much money the kickstarter is making, having optional boob models seems to be a good business practice.

This says more about the sorry state of our hobby than anything else honestly.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Sigma-X posted:

My stack of tits Kickstarter is going to launch in January.

Easiest million dollars you'll ever make.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

No it doesn't. Just because your idiot rear end can't distinguish fantasy and reality doesn't mean you get to say whats acceptable and whats not. Stop making me defend poo poo like that.

Listen, i'll give you a practical reason. If you steal money from a charity you are a bad person. If buying something other people find distasteful makes you a bad person it devalues the evilness of stealing from charity.

Buying the miniature you described makes you kind of hosed up (at least socially, if you're putting that poo poo where other people can see it), but not a bad person. If the guy who makes it is a nazi or something, than maybe you could make a case against buying products you want from him making you a bad person. Even then it depends on what evil hes using the money he makes for.

loving puritans. You don't like poo poo, don't buy poo poo. You're welcome to judge people who do buy it and i'm welcome to judge you for judging them.

Ain't nobody making you defend poo poo. You're making a conscious choice to defend the dismembered lady torso table game. That you want to support stuff like that is on you, nobody else.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

Ok, i'll make this my last post on the subject. I'm perfectly happy buying the stuff I want to from this kickstarter. And all this poo poo about buying the non gross poo poo makes me a bad person because the dude also makes gross poo poo? Doesn't bother me one bit.

If you believe that gross poo poo existing makes society a bad place and want to make this stuff stop existing you are going to have to learn new tactics.

You could just... not give your money to the gross titty death horror game. I know I've passed on things I wanted because I refused to support aspects of them that I found distasteful. The only effective voice a person has is in how they spend their money.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the last post is never actually the last post

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

So, you're comparing being made fun of for your pervy edgy action figures to anti gay laws? This is a tremendous temper tantrum, my dude.

I swear there is a flowchart out there for how this argument progresses because it is always the same.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

I find it distasteful to say someone is bad for buying a product that harms no one. The gay-propoganda law is the logical extension of that line of thinking. And maybe its ok to be like that when you are the one with the power to decide whats ok and whats not. Maybe your judgement is so perfect and pure that none could argue.

Just so long as you're ok with russia doing it to the gays. I mean - homosexuality is deviant right? Its wrong and it corrupts the youth, it leads to the dissolution of the family. In russia anyway. Places with freedom seem to think being gay is ok on the societal level - even if there are some hold outs.

No, sorry. I really am as dumb as I look.

Serf posted:

I swear there is a flowchart out there for how this argument progresses because it is always the same.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

Actually they've skipped that step. Now buying the non rapey poo poo is bad - because the dude also does gross poo poo. I am excited to see the next step on the decline of our freedoms.

I see we've made it to the freeze peach section of the flowchart. Right on time.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

If you could post the flow chart, that would be massively helpful to me. I'm actually having to think about why I object to stuff, a guide would be helpful. But for now I guess why I object to calling people who buy rape miniatures bad people is because it kills the conversation. It doesn't change anything. You get to feel smug about having told off the person with poor taste, the person goes and buys the rape miniature and just stops talking about it. It doesn't kill demand for gross poo poo, it just makes gross poo poo more secretive.

Like if you can convince me that these stupid miniatures have a negative impact on the world citing some evidence then I would be able to use that information to better inform my purchases. As it is I live in the real world - where my buying a game that I will have no problem playing with my group is going to have no impact on the world at all.

The impact you are having is in how you are giving money to a creator who perpetuates gross poo poo. Your money will directly enable them to continue creating things that further normalize sexualized violence. You don't get to pick and choose what your money goes towards in this situation. You get it all, sorry.

Will your next "last post" actually be the last or will you continue showing your whole rear end for the thread?

Serf
May 5, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

Are you having as much fun as me?

Yes, it is quite fun to see you showing everyone how much of a colossal moron you are lmao

Serf
May 5, 2011

Alaois posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about

look at who you are replying to

Serf
May 5, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

Well laugh now, because one day you won't be allowed to laugh at me for being dumb. It will be mental age shaming to declare me an idiot, and then we'll see whos laughing.

I dunno what this incoherent rambling has to do with what I said, but okay dawg.

Ah yes, these Gamergate-asskissers love the titty murder gore game. Color me surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

MrFlibble posted:

So rather than admitting that there are some positive things about the game, or rebutting those points - you attack the reviewer. Ok. See, I enjoy talking about Kingdom Death, i'm looking forward to it now. Why the gently caress are you still talking about it?

...because you keep posting about how much you love the rear end blood horror game.

Is there a Kingdom Death thread? I think the fans need a safe space.