Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They funded the origin story comics as stretch goals through that didn't they? Those are out in stores now. Back in August they announced Covid had just down their animation studio so they weren't going to make the scheduled release this fall. They said it should make it out in late winter early spring '21.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I feel like I’ve heard about some issues with Cryptozoic Kickstarters but maybe I’m wrong.

I didn't back any of them but I've never heard anything good about the games themselves. Puddle deep systems with hastily written rules riding the nostalgia factor of the license.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That Old Tree posted:

The old ICE Middle-earth RPG and CCG filled in quite a bit of space outside the typical NW region of the main books, including giving all the Ring-wraiths backstories and real names, some of which were pretty interesting. I liked "The Nazgûl's Citadel" a lot because it had a ton of stuff about how whichever wraith ruled it did stuff other than cackling evilly and chasing hobbits. The whole line was filled with ridiculous overboard minutiae that only a very 80's successful fantasy RPG could deliver, but they also did an astounding amount of work fleshing out the world so that it didn't feel like there was literally nothing between all the major locations mentioned in the books.

I seem to recall in TOR there's "big bad Witch-King" and then "the others" and mostly what you get are the combat stats. I love that game but its NPC write-ups frequently leave a lot to be desired.

The Estate really let Pete Fenlon and pals go nuts, right up until the movies were imminent and transmedia empire beckoned.

Same thing happened with Star Wars and West End Games, the makers of the first Star Wars rpg. They re the ones that made up the names for a lot of the alien races in the movies like Rodians and Twi'leks. They re also the ones that made the Empire a human supremacist movement.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And Blue Planet funded in 4 hours. I have to say, this is one game I am really glad to see reappear.

It was one of my favorite settings but I bounced off the system hard.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
2nd I think, I found used at a gaming store around 02 or 03.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's easy to get confused, the writers and artists of the early 90s certainly did when it came to the two.

I dont know for sure but I'd hazard a guess that Nicieza created Feral when he got handed New Mutants but found out Rahne was moving over to X-Factor.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 23, 2021