Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:prepop: :eyepop: :eyepoop: :ibadpop: :popeye: :gowron: :captainpop: :chanpop: :shittypop: :elongate: :bernpop:

What I'm trying to say is :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Call of Killforth (ending today) is the most successful KS out of any of Hall Productions' crowdfunding projects, so it's really a land of contrasts.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bottom Liner posted:

Luring a bunch of stupid venture capitalists. Beyond that? gently caress all.

Offloading even more responsibility, including for payments.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Through some sort of dark magick, today is Christmas II as both Petrichor Collector's Edition and the absurdly gigantic Titan (no, not that one) arrived.

e: to wit:

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 14, 2022

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

Jan 18 - Marvel Zombies - First major KS + Mini FOMO of the year. It's Marvel + Zombicide. Will make a bajillion dollars.

CMON want to get into NFTs, so gently caress them.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

BoardgameTables have launched their new Bags and Playmats Kickstarter

Everything ships in March, and I've backed for a Large Playmat.
The premium bags look really good quality as well.

Now the real question is... blue or burgundy.. :nyoron:

Not to be an rear end in a top hat, but I use these for $1 a pop:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oh that's even better.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I can buy like 30,000 baggies for that shipping + VAT + customs charge.

However, I solved the problem differently...

Before:

After:

Magic! It helps to have family into woodworking.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Eyes Have It posted:

That's really slick. I like how the topper has the standoff/wall built into it so the play surface doesn't need it.

We tried a bunch of the ones with the wall at the bottom, but leaning on that thing or craning your neck over it the entire time is hell, plus you need all sorts of extra attachments for drinks, and possibly extra lighting. This solves all that, but does make the top a two-person deal to remove or put on, at least with the quality wood we picked.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jimbozig posted:

Sounds like you need a separate, lighter table for solo gaming.

Heh. I never play solo, that's what video games are for.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ISS Vanguard just posted the near-final rulebook, which includes this wonderful little troll.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

armorer posted:

I assume it's a rickroll?

You know the rules, and so do I.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Lawlicaust posted:

poo poo is so ridiculously expensive. If it was any system with zombicide I'd consider it but I just don't see the game being that fun.

Two of the most insufferably played-out genres by a company that can't make games and dabbles in NFTs. Makes you want to cry.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Buck Wildman posted:

always down for something impenetrably weird that no one will ever want to play with me ever

speaking of which wtf is the city of chaos reprint

Hopefully soon - this year. Allegedly.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

That's very unhelpful, it's a round table.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

CODChimera posted:

Every time I find one of these sorts of games on KS I end up looking into KDM and it almost always makes the former game a lot more appealing if only because it's too hard to figure out how you'd even buy KDM stuff outside of the base game which is $420 for some reason

If you go all in it's 8008$. :v:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve got the original game, and I quite like it, so I’m down for more.

My only pain point is that I printed an insert perfectly fitting everything into the base box... and now they do this, and it can't possibly fit. I really want those better minis, though....

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

90s Cringe Rock posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/juniorbendayan/ship-adventure

The game doesn't look particularly interesting, but the $5 tier being a lottery for a copy shipped (free) anywhere in the world, out of a number of $5 copies determined by stretch goals, seems a bit weird. Oh, hang on, I hadn't noticed the €250 gold coins randomly put in the full-price copies.

lol

That seems illegal by Kickstarter's T&C?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

What is it with people "re-inventing" something that exists and could literally not be more simple?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

senrath posted:

It's more than 25 projects at $10 or more each in the last year.

Good to know how to avoid it. Somehow I managed to escape despite backing a fuckton of projects.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

For those not in the general thread,

Mayveena posted:

All hail the new crowdfunding leader, Gamefound because Kickstarter does not know what the gently caress they are doing

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/128952/kickstarter-answers-questions-about-its-blockchain

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Unfortunately, Brandon Sanderson has a record-breaking Kickstarter going on that was over $26 million when I last looked so they'll probably go "lol" and continue to do nothing.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ANYWAY

Looks like Elzra is getting in on the boss battlers: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elzra/monster-pit
And Ryan Laukat is a lent away from a standalone sequel to Sleeping Gods: https://gamefound.com/projects/draft/k5jf8ffw634mqqq9d0dxa445814

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Redundant posted:

I've been turned off Elzra games since my Catacombs box arrived with a huge hole in it that even punctured the plastic inserts like it had been stabbed during transit. When I emailed about possible replacements I just never heard back. No parts are damaged so it's not the end of the world but it's made me really wary of their customer service if there was a more notable problem.

Huh, weird. I had a far smaller problem (one sheet with a tear through two stickers) and they sent me a replacement no problem.

I think all of Elzra is just the one guy, though, so maybe it got lost somewhere.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

The MSRP for Frosthaven is $250

Which is $350 aud.
Which means they'll have it out for $400aud.

:laffo:

:smuggo:

e:

Thing on the top is because the insert doesn't fit in the box :wtc: - glad I didn't order one.

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 11, 2022

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Kerro posted:

If the character creation isn't based on 'Land of Sunshine' I'll be extremely sad. "Do you often sing or whistle just for fun? +2 to performance skill"

I'll get mad for a while.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Through dark magicks I have been able to put my hands on a copy of Townsfolk Tussle at basically price :woop:.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Eyes Have It posted:

Jamie Stegmaier pointed out the interesting fact that Sanderson's ultra-successful campaign actually breaks a lot of commonly-known "rules" for crowdfunding. They wouldn't work for the average creator (but they worked for Sanderson.)

Zero hype prior to launching, the only reward is a combo of three books, and the content of those are not even known, nor are there reviews or anything. Wouldn't work for just anyone :v:

There were extensive previews of all 4 books, one per week - I wonder if those changed the sums in any meaningful way. I didn't find any of them interesting in the least and have not backed despite liking Sanderson, for example.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

So far AR have been pretty good about providing update stuff (for example, wave 2 of Etherfields updates the base game to 2.0), so I'd hope this is true here, too.

Unlike, say, the Forgotten Circles expansion for Gloomhaven, whose errata are insane, and there's no fix pack at all. Buy v2 or print it yourself. Given how that was received, though, I'm not too surprised, but it's still lovely to completely overhaul all character cards and tell your customers to gently caress off.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

djfooboo posted:

I realize shipping is likely dumb outside the US. But I did this route: https://www.drivethrucards.com/m/product/323403

Oh, I just inkjetted and sleeved them, but it's still lovely, especially with Frosthaven coming.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Letosaurus Methodicus Jaredi?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

Far Cry Beyond - Potentially not poo poo?

I sure hope they re-did

quote:

Up to one player takes control of Soviet forces mistakenly attacking a team of Hollywood movie stuntpeople while the other players control the stuntpeople.

e: Great Wall looked good when I saw it at Spiel, but people have been complaining that you have to assemble and disassemble the walls themselves any time you want to play; if that's something that would bother you, check whether they fixed that I guess.

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 10, 2022

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Infinitum posted:

Interesting to see Far Cry struggle as much as it is. I know they set a high bar, but it still seems slow.

Already cancelled, lol

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

bagrada posted:

How is Sleeping Gods? The gamefound for the stand alone sequel has the original and expansion both piecemeal or in a relatively pricy bundle with the exclusives. I've thought about picking it up a few times but unless it's really good I'll probably pass, we've got plenty to play for now.

We all liked it a lot but it's not transcendentally good or anything.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

JazzFlight posted:

Wow, anyone see the current drama over CMON’s Marvel zombies shipping price reveal? It’s apparently like $140+ or something at the low end, going up to like $500. People are suuuuuper pissed and asking for refunds. Glad I only tossed in $1 for the Pledge Manager.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Lawlicaust posted:

It would be cheaper (or at least even) at this point to buy a Resin Printer, nice resin, this stl file (https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/galactus-on-throne) and make your own.

Edit: we’ll, maybe cheaper to buy the galactus. It’s only an extra $250 + shipping to add him so a large resin printer would be slightly more :)

OTOH you'll save hundreds on future CMON projects that you just print yourself, since the games attached are apparently worthless...

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The first thing below it is a link to a vision-impaired-friendly version.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Amazing. People just can't help themselves, it's like the 10000 people asking about the component count of one game not including an obviously secret thing.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Coming to Kickstarter this summer. Designed by Descent/Arkham Horror/Android's Kevin Wilson (full disclosure: he's a good friend of mine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUb0Ikm3BIs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It's loving amazing, all Kickstarter had to do was not use the word "blockchain", and they couldn't do it.