Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Just take the MtG Ixilan setting and run that. Dinosaur riding natives versus Vampire conquistadors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Leraika posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I need this, too bad it'll probably never get translated

Make a kickstarter to hire a translator to do it. Get Terra the Gunslinger adapted as well as the crossover with the Tenra Bansho setting, Tenra War. Terra is steampunk western while Tenra War is set after the big war between the two and now aliens have arrived to do weird poo poo. If people keep doing this, Kadokawa (they're own the publishing company) will eventually have to consider making PoD English versions or something.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Joe Slowboat posted:

Tuxedo Catfish has the right of it: Madoka is a show about how magical girls are good, and a universe that refuses to let them hope is bad and should be turned into a more standard Magical Girl setting by the intervention of Mahayana Buddha Madoka, whose entire story is literally Gautama leaving seclusion and realizing that the world contains inescapable suffering, and refusing to accept that, leading to becoming a cosmic principle of hope and ensuring that magical girl wishes can come true without eventually collapsing into despair. Which is pretty literally the concept of the Great Vehicle, that people can be saved from suffering even if they can't personally be totally detached, because of the intercession of a benevolent Buddha.

Same but also Kamen Rider Gaim which does the same thing except instead of a alien-cat thing, it's a DJ; instead of magical girl powers, it's fruit themed locks that can summon other dimensional monsters that can also be used to transform; and instead of a cycle of hope into despair, it's a cycle of survival to the fittest taken to a stupid degree. Both also end with the MC pretty much buggering off and leaving everyone behind to make sure the cycle of suffering ends.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Foglet posted:

Andy Kitkowski deserves praise for being one of the few forces currently in operation that tries and manages to commercially publish Japanese tabletop RPGs in English (Tenra Bansho Zero, Ryuutama, Shinobigami) alongside Ewen Cluney (Golden Sky Stories) since Ver. Blue (Double Cross) went down, but drat if his Kickstarters' update density hasn't been frustrating :(

I just want someone to pick up Tenra War for publication.

Or Meikyuu Kingdom / Meikyuu Days (I think I remember Ewen's "Yaruki Zero" planning to take it officially, but seemingly not much resulted out of it).

Or Colossal Hunter (Shadow of the Colossus/Monster Hunter: The TRPG, with multi-tiered combat maps).

Or DracuRouge (Castlevania: The TRPG/Japanese World of Darkness).

Same. I don't care that Meikyuu Kingdom is a bunch of random generators, it'd still be neat to run one shots out of. The Japanese TTRPG scene is ultra niche and is tailored for a wildly different style of play so it's really interesting the stuff they come out with and the different design spaces they work with because their play dynamic is so different from what "The West" has. Just the existence of Replays is its own unique thing that basically didn't really exist here in any form other than forum anecdotes until podcasts came along.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ewen Cluney posted:

Evil Hat is publishing Channel A, launching with a Kickstarter!

Way back in 2012 I designed a party game where you pitch anime series by putting together titles from words on cards. Asmadi Games picked it up and published it in 2013, and it eventually sold out and went out of print, and they weren't able to get it back in print. Since Fred Hicks was a fan of the game and had been bugging Asmadi about how to get a copy for a while, I eventually found myself exchanging emails with him about the possibility of Evil Hat picking up the game. Fast-forward a surprisingly small number of months, and Evil Hat is doing a Kickstarter for a new edition of Channel A with more cards, plus new expansions as stretch goals.

I KS'd an original copy of this, but it got water damaged after a car wreck. Most of the cards are still 100% okay, but the box is ruined.

I'm moderately excited about this though, even if I don't play too many party games and when people play it, they don't do the thing where the whole table votes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jedit posted:

The first thing that comes to my mind when you bring up idealisation of 50s America is Fallout.

Same, but "There Will Come Soft Rains" by Ray Bradbury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's definitely flags being raised that we're in the midst of a board game bubble where the market is just oversaturated with board games of all sorts thanks in part to Kicksterters and general increased awareness from the internet. It's only a matter of time before the bubble pops.