Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

GimpInBlack posted:

Loot dice. Free-to-play d20s never roll better than an 11 (the EULA requires you to certify that you will only use the die in roll-high scenarios, otherwise you permanently forfeit all rights and privileges and the die delivers a mild electric shock when you touch it). But if you buy a bronze loot die for $2.95 ($27.00 for a pack of 10), you unlock one roll that can go up to 13. A silver loot die ($4.95, $45.00 for a pack of 10) can roll up to a 16. Gold loot dice ($9.95, $80 for a pack of 10) can roll up to 19. Or you can buy an elite platinum loot die ($14.95, 10 for $99.95--best value!) and unlock a chance to crit.

Sounds like something Gary Jackson of Knights-Of-The-Dinner-Table would think of. *shiver*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Wtf is this? Like....why no standees? People love the art, no one wants that ugly 3d-printer poo poo miniature that unneccessarily bloats both the box as well as the price.
Why is there a movement arena in the middle of the gameplay area?? Why do you have movement tiles like that at all? Have these people even played Darkest Dungeon?
Why do they not even offer a standee version? Because it's their "vision"?! Gods, this feels like a bad kickstarter with all regards to a game that should be quite easy
to translate to a boardgame. And naturally, it's been funded in the smallest possible time frame so no one will ever learn anything from that. *sigh*

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

So, I've started a Patreon now! I've got several big features:

Riffs is the first feature--if you liked what I did for FATAL & Friends, you'll dig this. It'll be talking about dodgy RPGs, the weirdness in them, and what we can learn from their mistakes!

Ludosophy! is the second feature! It's a deep dive on different tabletop RPG concepts, taking an outside look at rules often taken for granted.

Those who back at the top tier also get a look behind what I'm working on. Right now that's the update to my animest slice-of-life game, My Exciting Life With A Fantasy Foreigner!

And it all comes with my dorkiest sense of humor at any backer level. It's been a lot of work getting to this point, so give it a look!

Even if I didn't dig what you're doing, I'd support this for the art alone. Soooo cute ^^

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Its really well made, but goddarn if it isn't a tad bid tooo psychedelic for my playgroup who felt as if I'd put them through some sort of madmans fever dream Oo

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Serf posted:

given what the throne room march is referencing, i suspect this was intentional

Care to enlighten the peasantry?

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Now this is what I call an instant-back for quality.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
The "Level Up"-Table-Utility Kickstarter has begun refunding europeans their pledges as they are unable to pay for additional shipping/tariffs.

quote:

In a nutshell, we cannot now guarantee that we can deliver these items in a timely fashion. Registration for this new system is expensive, untested and even some countries (such as Germany) are not implementing this yet. It is a chaotic mess.

With the anger seen here and on Facebook from backers frustrated with these delays (which we completely understand) we have reached the decision that for those waiting for their parcels from within Europe, we will begin the process of refunding them their entire pledge and Backer Kit amount in full.

We are sorry we are having to make this move but we have tried over the last 2 weeks and we completely understand that those still waiting have had enough.

How will this work.

As many people will have had cards that have expired or been updated since they first made their initial pledge, we will be emailing every backer concerned, setting out details of the refunding process. There are around 600 people affected out of the original approx 15,790 backers, so please bear with us.

For those from Switzerland and Norway, as you are outside Europe, you are receiving your parcels from the US and anyone waiting for replacement parts, our UK team can now go back to completing them and any outstanding e-commerce orders.

Again, we are sorry Europe has become impregnable and whilst we are getting a solution sorted for the Ice Dice, we realise we have run out of time for those few remaining Level Up backers.

It is also sad that this experience has showed that for us as Kickstarter creators, delivering to Europe is no longer a possibility as things currently stand. Let’s hope something can get sorted by the politicians moving forward.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I've been wringing my hands on this one for about a week and finally chipped in:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mythsandminiatures/kenjis-questa-classic-90s-era-rpg-meets-the-tabletop

However, it doesn't sound like they're going to make the goal. The kickstarter page and the developer seem helpful and not weird, what do you think is wrong here then? Too similar to other kickstarters?

This seems like something I could use to try and wink wink nudge nudge friends to be more interested in D&D style things, since it seems like it takes out a lot of potential prep work (a more digital version of Pathfinder card game, kind of?)

It loks very sensible. Maybe not flashy enough on the current market?

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
[Imagine the same tweet from FreeLeague about CY_BORG here as in the two posts above]

Is it gonna be a better structured and usable book for play or will it be an artbook pretending to be an rpg like the Mörk Borg core game book was?

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Same. I mean, especially for something I'd go at Solo, a bit of crunch can be really fulfilling. In fact, in solo games, I actually love crunch and chrome (as its called in boardgames) even more, because it creates even weirder and often times more structured results.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Got my copy of SoA last saturday as well and I instantly regretted not backing at a higher level to get all the miniatures. *sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Effing Hell, please no. Who needed this?! Who wanted Fishmen Rapecamps 2.0??