Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

LordAba posted:

RIP Endless Fantasy Tactics. That was a nice FFT-esque system that was very accessible.
What ever happened to that game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

nesbit37 posted:

I agree people doing creative work should get a living wage. I am also aware some people are doing this as a side creative outlet and just want people to enjoy their stuff, and are happy to spend their time making these things and letting people essentially just have them (other than what Gamecrafter is charging to make them). This country is pretty messed up in how pretty much only fields or people that directly make money are deemed valuable by so many, which is a bunch of horseshit. Particularly as a librarian, I die a little inside every time I see people posting online that students should choose a major based on what will make them the most money or the most marketable rather than what they are excited about.
I mean it's unfortunately true at least in America. College is such a massive expenditure that you can't look at it as anything besides buying a license to get a particular job. Study what you care about once you leave or as you can on the side, but college in the US is too expensive to consider as an actual learning institution.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Imagine a scream shooting out smaller screams until a cacophony of noise drowns out all thought.
yeah same

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Bistromatic posted:

Battle Angel: The way i remember it the alita clone got a new body that happened to me male-featured but they do not "get" or care about gender at all.
kinda:They had always been a bit more male presenting that the other clone-siblings and the new body was made at their request. So I assume there was at least an active desire to be more masculine.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I am 100% talking about Haunted West. I've always hated the southern revisionism in Deadlands and Shane's awful stupid know-nothing ideas about the South. The South was literally the Evil Empire of the mid-1800s, if Lincoln hadn't stomped their asses into the ground they would have tried to export slavery to Argentina, seized Haiti, and generally tried to export their brand of human misery out all over the globe. It was a garbage government run by scum and they all should have swung after it was over.
If he wants characters to be veterans of an actually good lost cause why not just make them 48ers? Your character has to be older and European but the revolutions of 1848 were legitimately good causes stomped out by tyranny and leader incompetence. It's the same era and a huge number of them immigrated to the US.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Backed.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I mean in fairness this is explicitly just a roll down life counter for a format of Magic where you start with 40 life.

It's overly expensive and ugly but does have a stated purpose it is fulfilling.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Feels like if you were to make an off-brand 40k it'd be advisable to lean into the Roman or Catholic stuff rather than the Nazi stuff.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Even just taking the art and monster descriptions from what is on his website right now will take up more page space than his projection. Guy is not really understanding the size of this book.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Lumbermouth posted:

... the Johnson imagery in that thing is so confusing.
I mean he's a Nazi and a Zionist. He's hardly the first person I'd suggest to represent the pervasive anti-semetic zionism in UK politics but I don't think nuance is this guy's forte anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Shame I always liked the home grown system way more than any of their D&D conversions.