Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology
What's Wick done lately, anyways? I sort of have a total gap in my knowledge of him between Houses of the Blooded and Seventh Sea 2e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Jedit posted:

That's because you're thinking of American biscuits, which are what we in the UK call scones and eat with cream and fruit preserve. Our biscuits are firm, dry because they're cooked twice, and only a little sweet. The dark chocolate digestive is especially prized.

If you think a biscuit is anything like the garbage brick that's a scone, that's only because you haven't had a decent biscuit.

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

I'm interested in how it plays, but not interested enough to watch an hour and a half long preview video. Does anyone have any insight into the system?

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

The Drowned Earth looks like it might be pretty cool, but as a clumsy idiot who's spent hours gluing my fingers to orks, I can only read 'Beautifully cast, multi-part metal miniatures' as a dire warning.

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

I really want to be interested in Hack the Planet, but I've got HUGE reservations after The Veil, which felt incredibly narrow in available character concepts, and directionless past 'explore the plotlines these playbooks are about', and straight-up lifted moves wholesale from other PBTA games without a whole lot of consideration for why the Child-Thing and the future cultist on the run get the same hideout.

Looking at Hack the Planet's list of crews, I have a similar worry about the level of narrow specificity and the author transplanting other books' mechanics into this (Like, the crews being a motorcycle gang, stormchasers, airship-based scavengers, and then apparently just Hawkers and Bravos from BitD).