Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

neaden posted:

This looks good but oddly expensive. I'm not sure if I'll ever have time to do the big interlocking campaign either. Also why is it the Yellow King instead of The King In Yellow? There is no Yellow King.

Probably to differentiate it from the Arc Dream "The King in Yellow" campaign that's hitting any day now.

E: FB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

bandaid.friend posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/951895566/right-or-racist/description
A true-or-false trivia party game guaranteed to make everyone go home early. Occasionally the game encourages the players to debate on topics such as 'Islam is inherently a dangerous religion' and 'BLM is a hate group'

I like how one "side" is just a dude in a Trump hat, and the other one is the ZOMG "PC POLICE." But yeah, totally unbiased game designed to promote dialogue without any ulterior agenda whatsoever amirite?

\/\/\/ Imagine that, "political correctness" means "don't be a loving rear end in a top hat."

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 1, 2017

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Stickman posted:

To be fair, some aren't racist. There's a good deal of homophobia and sexism, too.

That's exactly the kind of thing a libtard cuck snowflake would say.

(Please note sarcasm).

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
If you enjoy the campaign focus of Pendragon but want a slightly different setting, Paladin uses the Pendragon system and places the game in Carolingian Europe. It's also only $15 to grab a PDF of what looks like a massive, beautiful book.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

unseenlibrarian posted:

I've been wanting a Carolingian equivalent of Pendragon for literal years since basically the first long-form fantasy book I ever read had a whole section based on the Orlando Furioso. Definitely backed.

I really like that there aren't a bunch of stupid tiers that I need a chart to decipher: it's just the PDF, the book, and a handful of addons. I also like they'll print the adventure book too but are holding off on the cost until they see how many they unlock.

I just upped my pledge because I don't own a physical copy of Pendragon and $45 that helps unlock more goals for this game seems like a legit expenditure.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Paladin already blew through two stretch goals and is about to unlock a third.

They also sent out a Q&A in an update that indicated the Pendragon book they're offering is one-off printing, so I guess it's a good chance to get one? They also mentioned the other Pendragon books were available in POD through DTRPG which I didn't realize, and is pretty awesome.

OK I'll shut up about Paladin now.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Jimbozig posted:

Ever since 4e's PHB2 in 2009, this might be the single most played-out trope in roleplaying. I'd rather someone show up with a dual-wielding drow ranger than another "dude who lays down burns so sick the enemy literally dies." At least the ranger might do something novel with their trope.

I'm not making GBS threads on Spellbound Kingdoms, by the way, just being curmudgeonly about that character concept. I haven't read Spellbound Kingdoms yet but it sounds fun.

I dunno, sounds like a perfect trope for a generation raised believing the way to win a fight is to post memes and call other people "cucks." Sounds like ideal fantasy fulfillment to me.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Elfgames posted:

Pigeons manage to steal tons of stuff without hands and i'm sure somebody finds them sexy.

Isn't Hatoful Boyfriend built around the premise of sexy pigeons?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

HitTheTargets posted:

Dr. Philadelphia is a great name for a knockoff super guy. That's the silver lining I choose to see here.

Now I want to play a Mystery Men-level supers game as Professor Peoria.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

A couple of days left of Legacy: Life Among the Ruins.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1549920133/legacy-life-among-the-ruins-2nd-edition?ref=user_menu

It seems like real fun system for those that like generational games and fallout. The system also has four other settings that are based on:

-Primal Pathways: Being primordial gods and raising up a lifeforms
-Generation Ship: Taking care of a ship on its 1000 year voyage to your new home
-Free from the Yoke: Fantasy setting where an occupying force has left the mainland and all the families attempt to grab as much power as possible in the vacuum.
-Godsend: Be a god in the greek pantheon working to conclude or subvert prophecy during the end times.

If you back it you can get the first edition book and get a feel for how the new edition will play.

I got a little lost in the unlocked stretch goals - what tier should I grab if I want print copies of as many books (core and supplements) as possible?

Thanks! \/\/

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 23, 2017

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Bieeardo posted:

I stumbled over this after backing Mint Delivery. Total Recall: the Board Game

That kinda looks like The Resistance with the serial numbers filed off.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

HidaO-Win posted:

The new Doomtown LCG is going to be a 100% compatible with the previous version. They are just adding in Servitors as starts in play cards that modify your outfit.

Now I really regret not buying all the expansions when I came across them for 75% off in SoCal a few weeks ago. :smith:

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
After having cancelled Tiny Wastelands, Gallant Knight Games launched Tiny Dungeons 2e, an update of their original game, Tiny Dungeon. It's a very rules-light system that's perfect for quick one-offs, convention games, and introducing new players to RPGs. Full transparency: if enough stretch goals unlock I might be writing one of their "micro-settings."

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Wow. Just wow.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

sexpig by night posted:

so am I missing something obvious or is the only way to get both core books and the stretch goals on PDF for the new Numenera kickstarter the 100 dollar level?

I'm sure you could let Monte Cook hook a shop vac up to your wallet too.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

dwarf74 posted:

Great news, everyone. If you were feeling a void in your heart where the Book of Erotic Fantasy once lived, here's something similar for 5e.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1494851610/erotic-adventures

Well I do like butts and sideboob,

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

DalaranJ posted:

Wait. If Numenera 2 doesn't change any mechanics AND it doesn't change the setting, what is changing?

The size of backers' and Monte's bank accounts.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

I feel like I should point out that Shanna Germain is Monte's either partner or wife, depending on your preferred nomenclature.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

homullus posted:

The page you linked has, in its text toward the beginning, a statement indicating the author has no idea who she is. I know you didn't write that page, and even that inklesspen didn't write that page, but here we are.

Oh sorry, I thought you wrote that page. It was just an extra layer of context in case you wanted to update it.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Flavivirus posted:

:iia:

I'm polishing up some previews of Rhapsody of Blood - what playbook would you most like to hear about :
  • The Slayer, a monster hunter par excellence.
  • The Bonded, someone fused with an intangible spirit they can call on for support.
  • The Mystic, an occultist able to twist the castle's tools against the Regent.
  • The Reckoner, able to lay down order on the chaotic castle and force it to make sense.
  • The Blooded, someone recently infected by the castle's blood and able to tap into that for power and kinship with the monsters.

Rhapsody of Blood is what convinced me to back L2. I'd LOVE to see the Slayer!

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Any thoughts on Detective: City of Angels? I love mystery solving games, but the price seems awfully steep.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Baron Snow posted:

Yeah, there's also Kids on Bikes aiming for the same thing.

This looks awesome and I love the art style!

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Alas Vegas is shipping.

I'm so excited.

For my 40th birthday, my friends and I are getting a suite in Las Vegas for a week and playing through Alas Vegas during the day (while we plan to go out and do stupid poo poo at night).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Jedit posted:

It was originally planned for your 35th birthday.

The good news is I can actually afford a nice suite now. The bad news is I'm older and can't drink like I used to.

In positive KS news, did anyone else here back Tiny Dungeon 2e? I'm extremely impressed with how they do their updates: they give a quick overview status report with a % completion, and then go in depth about what the progress is on everything. It's like I'm reading an update from a competent project manager.