Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I just noticed that Oregon OC/QB Coach Scott Frost is now the head coach at Central Florida. I was gonna put up George O'Leary

I still have it in my head that Mark Helfrich of Oregon is a bad head coach and is messing up what Chip Kelly built, so that's something I'm looking forward to. If Baylor doesn't finalize a staff before the season and Helfrich underwhelms, that might be an interesting notion - the same goes for Auburn and Gus Malzahn.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jim Grobe hired at Baylor

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/TomFornelli/status/738142679972745216

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Maxwells Demon posted:

Maybe I've been talking to too many insane Oregon fans, but I think that you have to change Mark Helfrich's status to Undecided or possibly Warming Up. This does sound insane after the whole 2014 campaign, but here's what happened last season/this offseason:
• Demoted Defensive Coordinator and hired a splashly DC in Brady Hoke
• First single-digit win season since the beginning of Chip Kelly's tenure
• Gave up 31 point lead in last game played

I feel that if Oregon loses to Washington, Oregon State, or just has 4 regular season losses there will at least be a lot of talk about replacement, and that doesn't sound like "Solid".

No it doesn't. He's overrated as hell.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Who will be the first coach fired of the 2016 season

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So uh, Alabama hiring Steve Sarkisian?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

No sir.

And they'll still beat Tennessee

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FWIW our boosters are starting to push Jimbo to fire our DC.

Need to fire our WR coach and OL coach and LB coach too. Probably out RB coach too.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

MourningView posted:

OL and injuries seem like way bigger issues than the defense but sure whatever fire everyone they lost a game why can't we be Alabama?

That's a part of it. We shouldn't need our star players to get other players lined up against the right guys players to their correct assignments at least twice every drive. The DEs are fine and the DTs are okay, we've had to put in walk on LBs three times already because LBs 'aren't ready' in spite of being completely healthy and getting good reviews throughout the camp. The play where Derwin got hurt is because our LB just decided to cover the running back out of the backfield when he should've been on the slot or TE or whoever. "Being like Bama" is one thing but even getting lined up correctly in the first place sounds like the coaches can't teach.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

TheGreyGhost posted:

Isn't part of the issue that the LBs have had guys like Matthew Thomas or Kilby-Lane who spent like two years on the roster getting dog-housed for grades or things like that? That lack of consistency/recruits playing when needed has a nasty tendency of throwing guys off, as I remember from the late Tressel years.

Kilby is grades, Matt Thomas was "ankle tweak" but something else as well as being unhappy and refusing to try for two years so being in the doghouse. Kilby lane was fine and being worked in pretty nicely last year if i remember correctly.

But yeah, doesn't help. The walkon was targeted like inmediately when we trotted him out. Having like 3 viable LBs game ready is a pretty bad thing.

NippleFloss posted:

What I'm getting from this is that Jimbo is coming back to Baton Rouge.

Nah Tom Herman probably. LSU fans will want flash out of their offense. Alabama pretty takes either Dabo or Jimbo once Saban retires

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Comedy option: Cam Cameron once Saban retires

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Coach Owns-geron

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pakled posted:

How did a guy who made Vandy a 9-4 team twice fail to hit that same mark at Penn State

Some coaches can only do well in smaller programs, like Dan Hawkins.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/chrisfallica/status/779815724651085824

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pakled posted:

If any mid-major Florida school was going to make the move to the big time, I would have thought they'd do it while the big three Florida schools were down. From the mid-2000's until like, this year, you had a situation where every year, Miami and either UF or FSU was down. Now, Miami and UF are both on the rise and FSU is remaining dominant and I can't see any other Florida football programs making much headway in recruiting or general hype.

We've had midmajors ascend though :confused:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJgPVmUqTEA

Wooo it begins!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dilber posted:

you should fly a banner

Our bloggers aren't influential enough

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Joey Freshwater posted:

I like the lady who comes over and tells him to shut up

Supposedly thats his mom

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Condaleeza Rice, owing a favor to George W. Bush, gets Texas into the playoffs after a dominating win streak. They soundly defeat Alabama after an ornery Bevo gores Nick Saban. Saban's players are now free from his Dark Arts and announce transfers immediately after the loss. Alabama fans promptly start calling for a white QB to play instead.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Who are the hot names out there for hire right now?

PJ Fleck
Tom Herman
I guess Les Miles and Art Briles count
Charles Strong will probably be fine as long as he's not in the Big 12 because the Big 12 is weird as gently caress to do well in if you weren't brought up in it
Charles Kelly I promise he's great please hire him

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So Tom Herman's been imploding

He should go to Purdue

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

You know who can swing a $2.5 million no problem?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/790637709232513024

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/look-houston-taped-smu-jerseys-to-the-floor-for-players-to-walk-on/

Think Herman stays where he is for a bit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Spacebump posted:

Louisville is ranked 5, 0 top 30 recruiting classes. You just can't compete without top 10 classes every year.

Yeah man it's super easy just hire all the Bobby Petrino's out there and beat out Florida, Florida State, Texas, and Nebraska for the version of Marcus Mariota that can actually do quarterback things in a not-gimmick offense.

Also just graduate a bunch of pizza chain magnates and sports apparel CEOs

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I am a Bobby Petrino clone hire me Tennessee

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/794965462123708421

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Does Eugene have a MENSA office? If not, don't even bother calling Herman

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Might as well go after Jeremy Pruitt. He's going to be a head coach sooner than later.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jimbo pls no

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Just more rumblings but who knows.

Lord knows LSU wouldn't let Charles Kelly come along

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LSU has a lot more money

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

So? I doubt they'd throw 8m at him. He's good but he isn't that loving good.

What's he making at FSU? What was Miles making?

quote:

New details have emerged regarding Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher's contract extension, attained through a public records request. The contract will last through the 2018 season, with a $225,000 base salary and additional compensation each year as follows:

2014 -- $3.275 million
2015 -- $3.5 million
2016 -- $3.776 million
2017 -- $4 million
2018 -- $4.274 million
That's a healthy chunk of coin, and it's made even better by his bonuses. Fisher will make:

$100,000 for a division title
$100,000 for a conference title
$75,000 for making the playoffs
$200,000 for making the national title game
$200,000 for winning the national title game
$100,000 for a non-national title game major bowl game
$50,000 for a non-major bowl game
$200,000 for a top-five finish
$100,000 for a top-10 finish
$200,000 for an undefeated season
$75,000 for winning National Coach of the Year
$50,000 for ACC Coach of the Year
$25,000 for a graduation rate between 65% and 84%
$50,000 for a graduation rate above 84%
$25,000 for an APR rating of .930 or higher

quote:

Les’ contract runs through December 2019 (3 years, 3 months from now). By contract, if he is terminated, his buyout is paid out monthly over a period of time double the remaining term…thus, he’ll be paid out over 6 years, 6 months.

His stated buyout is $12.9 million; but by contract you reduce from that any amounts paid to him in this calendar year.

Les makes $4.3 million per year plus bonuses. Depending on what has already been paid in calendar 2016, that is what sets his buyout.

For illustrative purposes, let’s assume 9/12s have been paid, thus approximately $3.2 million.

So, his stated buyout was $12.9 million, less the $3.2 paid in 2016. Hence, Les will be paid approximately $9.7 million over the next 6 years, 6 months.

Assuming Les does not accept further work, he would receive approximately $125,000 / month for the next 6 years, 6 months.

something like that

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2016/11/lsu_still_courting_jimbo_fishe.html

Here we go!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LLCoolJD posted:

Jimbo would need to be offered a Count of Monte Christo-sized fortune to leave Tallahassee.

LSU and Texas can do that

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

“Jimbo Fisher will be the next head coach at LSU,” Russ Mitchell of College Football News told me on my statewide radio show in Louisiana."

Ruh roh

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Les Miles can't resist the opportunity to play in the Rose Bowl

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2016/11/17/13666892/you-wanna-go-all-in-on-a-guy-named-jimbo

Didn't think Louisiana people would get elitist over his name. Weird.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 18, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LSU should keep coach O and hire Kliff for the O.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Don't lose to Kansas

USF is also magic bullet that leads to getting fired

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Strong's a great coach. He seemed like a good fit for Texas, but that defense, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sab0921 posted:

Wonder who will be going after Chip Kelly this offseason.

Texas

• Locked thread