Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn just added a year to Malzahn's contact, now through 2020. Guess they wanted to quiet the chatter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Gus could be a dead man walking by Sept. 17 but I'd bet he finishes the season.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Wasn't Charles Kelly like a top tier coordinator a season ago?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Jim Tressel doing anything these days or is he still show-caused for eternity?

Do it Purdue
Ends like in December.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

First, gently caress Clay Travis, but I was wondering where Butch stands -- I assume the current level is will return but officially in danger next year but is it hot enough that any more losses this year could be the end? I know their schedule is so soft that another loss would necessarily be a bad one.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Other than Herman who meets the criteria of a) wouldn't consider Oregon a step down even for crazy bucks but b) you could plausibly pay that much without getting involuntarily committed?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

There was that pyramid scheme Jim Donnan and Tommy Tuberville et al. got mixed up in too.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Look I think it'd be awesome and fun for him to coach a big-time program but If Coach O wants to become Head Coach O again maybe he should take an actual HC job at a smaller school again rather than trying to vulture his way into a top-tier program as a loving DL coach without proving himself over even the course of a single season.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I never really got NFL fans acting high and mighty about amateurism given that the NFL could end major college football tomorrow if they felt like paying for a minor league.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

My favorite thing about this place is how the fans of like Rutgers and Iowa State are 1000x saltier than any of the major rivalries get.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

MourningView posted:

Kiffin hired Kendall briles as his OC in case you had forgotten why you hated Lane Kiffin pre Bama
Thank u Lane i was afraid it would be us

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

I don't know if I would file this under recruiting or coaching, but a recruit asked Hugh Freeze about the NCAA investigation and Freeze replied " when you’re that big and out there with faith in Christ," he’s like, "what do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross."

:stare:
This is some Jimmy Swaggart poo poo, bravo!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn hired Mizzou's secondary coach. He noteworthy?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

CBS reports Rhett Lashlee leaving Auburn for OC job at UConn. I got no idea what to think of this. There was talk he would be considered for their HC job, the AD came from Auburn.

This looks on paper like a Nussmier style "you're not 'fired' but you should probably find another job now" but that doesn't make a ton of sense given his relationship with Malzahn and the way the offense actually took off this season when he got playcalling authority. Could be the inverse of that -- Lashlee got tired of never getting a HC job cause nobody knows how he'll do outside of Gus's shadow. Maybe some personal poo poo went down, who knows.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah if he wants to work this year he'd take Cal HC. Even if he would I can see some downsides -- possible clash of ideas, both he and the recruits know he won't be around next year and he hates recruiting anyway so you probably fall off there at least a little bit.

Chip Lindsey is a name getting tossed around, was a film guy at Auburn before going to Arizona State.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/819571794185224193
Thank god

e: second report from Auburn's 24/7 guy
https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/819575689192022018

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 12, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Spavital to WVU.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Duckaerobics posted:

People on some Auburn sites are saying Mark Helfrich is in town. It's probably just rumors, but I would really like him as Auburn's OC.
Word is he's holding out for a HC job but the only major one open is Cal so I dunno?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Rhoads was a pretty solid DC for Auburn '08 even as the rest of the team collapsed around him, that should work out fine for Arkansas.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/01/auburn_offensive_coordinator_s_4.html

No way this ends well

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

And just as I post that, they hire Chip Lindsey, which seems fine on its own, but that power struggle remains an ominous sign.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/827215170522988545

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Pakled posted:

"Thad Turnipseed" is the most college football name I've ever heard.
I was reading Nixonland and a guy named Turnipseed kept coming up, somebody in George Wallace's camp I think, and I was trying to remember the college football guy by that name. Guess they must be kin?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn takes UNC's RB coach Larry Porter.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

big money big clit posted:

Well the alternative is to not even attempt to be competitive at football which isn't going to fly at an SEC school.
I guess there isn't like a $2 million/yr habitat they can just hide in and aim for "bowl more often than not" anymore in the age of Saban.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Al Borges rejoining Auburn as an analyst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Right, I wouldn't want him making any decisions but if you look back to what Borges did with Jason Campbell, Cadillac and Ronnie Brown in 2004 that's maybe not the worst guy to have in a room bouncing ideas around for how to build an offense around a not super mobile QB like Jarrett Stidham.

• Locked thread