Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Have we talked about how Jimbo Fisher got extended an offer from LSU? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hope he takes it because that means Alabama has to give Saban a raise per his contract. Not that it matters

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

Anything is possible, but I find it hard to believe Fisher would move to LSU from FSU.

When was the last time a coach voluntarily moved laterally from one A-list job to another? Dennis Franchione from Alabama to Texas A&M? Lane Kiffin going from Tennessee to USC was an upgrade, so I don't count that. Urban Meyer took a year off. Mark Richt was fired.

Florida State isn't an A list job though, it's B+ at best

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tallahassee is like maybe number 10 on the list of cities in Florida worth living in

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

As someone from Tampa I would be disappointed to see Taggart leave, because he's literally turned that poo poo program around at USF. But with that said he's certainly earned a better job

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

TheGreyGhost posted:

They call it a gulf coast offense. It's basically what you do if you want to run a system with a Harbaugh/Petrino-style passing tree but just don't have the linemen to block for it consistently so you run it from the gun.

- 1 Vertical option on every play regardless of what it is
- Baylor style receiver splits that make coverages faster to read at the expense of being beaten hard if the opposing corners match up well
- Heavy ability to shift pre-snap/emphasis on changing alignments to gain advantage
- Option style running that incorporates both power blocking and zone with emphasis on buck sweep, power 0, and Midline zone read options

It would be a ridiculously good fit with what Oregon has historically done on offense and could be a pretty natural shift into his system, but it also means you're completely dependent on his hire at DC to fix that lovely defense.

Yea, basically he developed an offense with his only real blue chippers being a Running QB that is OK at throwing, a good running back, and serviceable, tall receivers. His OL including TE's were poo poo.

Oregon players are tailor made for this style of offense.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scionix posted:

at first they came for the rape enablers and concussion ignorers, and I said nothing,

You never said nothing ever

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Neil Armbong posted:

Houston is making a heel turn with two of those three if hired.

Lane Kiffin is a face character lol if you disagree

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Discarded rape kits add a lovely bouquet of aromas to grode jars

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Can't wait to watch my alma mater get their poo poo pushed in my a semi-professional football team in the SEC championship

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pakled posted:

smh if you think Steve Spurrier has ever texted anyone

I bet that mother fucker slays pussy in dms on Twitter

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kiffin going to Tampa would own

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Schiano going back to Tampa after his horrible stint with the Bucs would be loving hilarious.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This would be so dumb of the USF AD. That man is loving reviled in Tampa.

Hell yea he is

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Conversely I imagine being related to Monte Kiffin plays pretty well there

I hope Joe Moorhead goes to temple

Going from Herman to Les would be...something, I guess

Monte Kiffin was a legend of a defensive coordinator for the bucs, yea we love that lineage.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Strong to USF would be loving awesome

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Luke Fickell hired at coach of Cincinnati

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lol at the notion Texas is one of the easiest places the coach. I realize that as a fan of a team with bottom tier expectations from a coach that has been there since the Vietnam War you might not understand the pressure to succeed at a place like Texas.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

How dare you be sensible

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

how reliable is this guy? seems wild

It was the closest Joey Freshwater could get to Miami to get that sweet Miami tail.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I usually just wear the rear end less chaps but I'm usually working

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

I'll start calling them chaps when you find more ways opportunities to use the word "assless".

You have 12 hours.

Amen

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Which was reportedly not an isolated incident.

It also didn't happen anywhere near as badly as it was reported. Also the event pretty much ruined the kid's life heh

Source: I know the family and the kid that got hit and his mom was my Science teacher.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am going to say there's prolly a little Stockholm Syndrome here, tbh. Everything I've ever heard about him points to him being a complete rear end in a top hat who thinks its okay to put hands on players.

I feel bad for the kid. His dad was a huge rear end in a top hat and was upset with his lack of playing time and he was the real catalyst for blowing this all up into something larger than it was.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The court of public opinion pegged him guilty on day one and they didn't really have much choice but to fire him. The settlement was certainly enough for Leavitt to feel comfortable walking away and feeling some sort of vindication that there are threads of truth to the wrongful termination especially considering Florida is a right to work state.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Detroit is at least interesting and has people interested in making it better. Also everything to the north and west of those cities is wildly different from them.

I just moved to downtown Detroit from Tampa and i can confirm its a lot of fun and not like the Mad Max reputation it has on the picture box

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Fiesta and that team was only like 8-5. The Big East was just trash. It's like wanting to hire Zook because he bumbled into a Rose Bowl.

e: that's a little unfair. Edsall was a totally fine head coach there and they could do worse, his BSC team just wasn't all that impressive or different from most of his other teams

Would you rather be blown out by USC or Stanford?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Locksley is a dynamite recruiter. Would be an amazing get for us

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

God bless

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

FBScoop citing unnamed sources, is saying Fleck isn't going to Minnesota.

Well WMU is a better job than Minnesota

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Minnesota won multiple national titles

So?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

On the other hand... Kenny Hill

Excuse me Kenny Trill

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love my lame dead team

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That would be awesome...

for everyone other than Vols fans

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hahahaha

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pretty sure Saban is doing that to get some FSU Intel lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Komet posted:

A bit late here, but RC is better than Coke anyhow. Imma hang up and listen over in the offseason thread

Nah

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fickell fleecing those mother fuckers

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

UF's badass DB coach is leaving for the Redskins. :sigh:

Torrian nooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Chris Weinke added to Alabama quality staff.

FSU recruits keep talking about our "honey fried chicken" this year. Lo and behold, certain schools start offering people jobs

He's probably old enough to collect medicare by now.

• Locked thread