Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7wzhMvbzo

posting this forever

COACH O :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Oregon :colbert: but I also like having quarterbacks.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Am I oversimplifying this or does this mean that if Miles took another job he'd be essentially working for free unless he gets paid more than 125,000 per month/$1.5M a year for the next six years?

No, if he took another job for $100k/mo ($1.2M/yr) LSU would only be on the hook to make up the $25k/mo difference.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Wonder if Oregon is ready to leave Helfrich & Hoke standing outside Martin :shrug:

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
2449Miles2Oregon

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
No. Helfrich & Hoke need to both be fired into the sun. Hire Tom Herman. This 4-3 dumpster fire has got to go. There's absolutely no way the boosters allow this to continue to season end.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

dphi posted:

Did you really expect the 3-4 to 4-3 transition to be that smooth?
No I think it was an idiotic transition to make full stop.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
With Nike/Papé money how quickly could we write a check to get the field turf replaced? Can we pull the same trick we used with the north side of the stadium? "Hey Phil we decided to gift you the field, it's in pretty bad shape you might need to hire some landscapers..." We do have a bye week coming up :tinfoil:

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

so who is going to give Brady Hoke his next head coaching opportunity

The bottom of the Willamette River if everyone wants to win.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

A.o.D. posted:

I've just realized one potential downside to hiring Ed Orgeron as head coach for LSU, regardless of whether he's good or terrible. It would make scanning threads really difficult when people are talking about Oregon.

It already is :smith:

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
ESPN confirms Brohm to Purdue

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Good hire in terms of keeping explosion on the offense, but no idea how this is going to fix that tire fire of a defense one bit. His defensive staff is going to be the real question, and hopefully they don't continue stupid crap like "let's run the 4-3 over in the Pac-12 in 2016".

You understand that USF's defense is a 4-2 stack right? A derivative of the 4-3 Over

Brady Hoke is here forever :suicide:

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
I'm even supportive of leaving the DC position empty if it gets Brady Hoke out of the picture.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

I dont think they've recruited a Moble/Athletic QB since Mariota. What the gently caress happened to their recruiting? As long as Taggart goes after the smaller fast guys from LA like Chip did in the past then I think Oregon will be ok.

We just completely forgot to actually... Do it. See also: Oregon O-Line(s) since 2012

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Would anyone like to buy firejerrykill.com?

Used once.

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 19, 2016

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Spintzel posted:

Oregon's new TE coach is on administrative leave after a DUI 5 days after being hired

Nice to see he's fitting in already.

quote:

Reaves' contract allows Oregon to discipline him or terminate his contract for "any material violation of local, state or federal law."

Rob Mullens (AD) posted:

"Reaves has been placed on administrative leave and the process to terminate his employment with cause has commenced,"

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 22, 2017

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Pakled posted:

Willie Taggart running a tight ship up in Eugene.

That 'ole Lane Kiffin coaching tree

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

BAE OF PIGS posted:

His paycheck for 5 days of "work" is probably more than I make in a year.

I sure hope you make more than $15k/yr

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

smithers posted:

because there's only one booster who really matters
You seem to be forgetting the Papés, Kilkenny's, and Jaqua? All are big time Athletics donors as well. Phil isn't the only game in town.

Sash! posted:

Two I can understand, three even makes sense if a third one happened by.

Six? What GTA nonsense was he up to?
I see you've never been to or lived in Eugene.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Apparently they could hav ehit him with a bunch more violations. Also it turns out the passenger was the new receivers coach.

Nah 6 cars for 2 middle aged white guys is 100% unusual. Apparently he was driving so badly (and for a while) that they got multiple calls about it and a whole shitload of cars responded.

If you think 4-6 cars responding to an interesting call is 'out of the ordinary' then I don't know what to tell you.

I've had 2 K-9 units + 6 cars show up to m house for a call I put in at 2 am to the non-emergency line, because someone was drunkenly pounding on my door.

Two cars for any DUII stop is required by law, you're bound to have at least 1 more show up because they were 'around'.

If the stop was on the north side of Beltline then I consider that response completely ordinary.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Maxwells Demon posted:

With any luck Hoke will try to convert Tennessee to a different style of defense making them look terrible for the whole season.

Not that I have any experience with any of that.

aaaaaaa :smithicide:

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Baylor's S&C coach fired after being busted in a prostitution sting.

:munch:

DallasNews.com runs this story with a shot of the stadium and a bunch of pipes??

:stare: :stare:

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 7, 2017

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Finebaum thinks Kelly2Tusca, I think he's dumb as hell.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hmmm a "laying pipe" joke, or a joke about how the pipes seem to be sitting in raw sewage....

I was definitely angling for the "laying pipe" joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Jeffrey Sandusky, 41-year-old son of ex-Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, charged with child sexual abuse

Things are going well I see...

• Locked thread