Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

Temple isn't really a bad job at all, I'm less impressed with Rhule than most.

that's because you're a loving crazy person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Eastern Michigan is making a bowl this year, haters

hopefully the Bahamas Bowl, aka the best possible bowl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

Fleck was begging for the Rutgers job last year, albeit he didn't have this season to stand on.

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

well he went from 1-11 to two straight 8-5 season, including a bowl win , but he just didn't have enough Solid Data for the discerning hiring board of Rutgers University.

now this Safeties coach from Ohio State, on the other hand

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

He was the DC, and before that the DC at Arkansas.

co-DC, which is functionally meaningless.

and in terms of hiring decisions, taking a chance on a potentially untested but provably great recruiter or taking a chance of a journyman position coach, the latter seems WAY STUPIDER

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I just found out Timmy Chang is the offensive coordinator of DIII Emory & Henry, when is Hawai'i gonna hire him to save their team from being dissolved.

Alaois fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 28, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm ready for a new generation of Tedford QBs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

congrats to Florida International for their upcoming NCAA violations hiring of Butch Davis

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maybe the problem is UTexas

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

I feel bad some times but then I look at Texas and realize that everyone is loving incompetent everywhere.

Craig Bohl's doing pretty good in Wyoming.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DuckHuntDog posted:

I'd be curious what you think would be so toxic at the program to cause the football program to be so poor, though. Recruiting has not precipitously dropped, but the team consistently loses to way less talented teams. His tenure as a coach at Texas is historically the worst.

"huh, Dana X. Bible is a pretty interesting name, wonder what he was all about"

Wikipedia posted:

Bible was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a coach in 1951. He was also a known Ku Klux Klan member, with his Klan robes on permanent display at the Texas A&M Cushing Library.[1]

:stare:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maybe college football has just passed the state of texas by

think about it when's the last time a team from texas accomplished anything

clearly, high school football in texas has mutated and morphed into such an unwieldy beast that the supposedly coveted athletes produced by it are completely unprepared for the college game

Alaois fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 23, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this team that won a national championship 3 years ago? idk sounds kind of mid-tier to me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Go back to playing the Pat League

they'd probably lose by 20 to Lehigh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

firing charlie strong isn't gonna fix anything, texas is gonna be mediocre forever on out, soccer will become the state sport of texas

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Texas is gonna fail to close on Tom Herman and instead hire Todd Graham away from Arizona State for some reason, just because Todd Graham likes being a snake

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I wonder if anybody is gonna give Broderick Fobbs a look. He took over Grambling State after their DISASTER of a 1-10 2013 season (notable for Doug Williams being bought out of his head coaching contract two games into the season and the first interim coach being fired after going 0-5, in addition to the team refusing to play a game against Jackson State due to the state of the facilities and equipment) and immediately turned in a 7-5, 9-3 and now 10-1 seasons, with the Celebration Bowl still upcoming.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YES YES YES YES YES

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only good thing to ever come from New Bruinswick/Rutgers is the Screaming Females

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

c'mon man, Grease Trucks

One of them almost killed the Man vs Food guy, that's gotta count for something

I love fat sandwiches, but fat sandwiches are not a good force in this world. they are an evil.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Texas Is No Longer A Relevant School In The College Football World, And I Can't Accept That.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

When does Jeff fisher head to Tuscaloosa

So Nick Saban can devour him and sublimate his size and cure the one flaw in his body?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stop loving defending this state kji you loving moron

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

There's a reason every other team in the state is FCS or lower.

(Go Red Hawks!)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

My completely tepid take on all of this is that we talk about Rutgers too damned much around here. Laugh at them some, defend them some if you want, that's fine.

But ultimately at the moment it's a program that no one should give too much of a poo poo about unless your team was denied a Big 10 invite for them.

bearcat.jpg?

It's literally entirely because of Kim Jong Il, without him people would talk about Rutgers as much as they talk about, I dunno, Syracuse or UConn.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

I'm not the one who brought it up, and I'm not the one saying things that are easily disproven by looking up win/loss stats or financial stats.

How can you be this dense.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Detroit is an infinitely better place than Grosse Pointe if you aren't terrified of minorities or poor people

i say the same thing about Newark but y'know, whatever, more churrascaria for me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ReebTop posted:

You know, other Rutgers fans make the internet difficult to deal with. I'm just optimistic that one day we'll be an okay team again. Sorry for fueling that derail.

And the Ironbound section of Newark is fantastic for food. Go to...I think it's called Hamburgao? They put corn on the burgers and it is God damned amazing.

Hamburgao is the greatest poo poo known to man and I'm so happy there's a location in Kearny.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pakled posted:

For players at least it halfway makes sense cause genetics, but still.

if you still subscribe to Lamarckian inheritance, maybe

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

ND's new QB coach is Tommy Rees.

Yes that Tommy Rees.

hellyeahhellyeahhellyeah

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Dan Mullen is going to be paid $4.5 million in 2017 to finish 4th at very best in his division. :stare:

Because I'm sure Mississippi State can do much better with anyone else

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

KState is hiring Iowa's associate AD, Gene Taylor, as their new AD. I am not going to pretend I have any idea what an associate AD does but people who cover the program seem to think it's a big loss for Iowa and a great hire for KState

I think they're the guys who handle the C-tier sports, like lacrosse and water polo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I feel like any QBs that get hyped up right alongside Tanner Lee should get nothing but the side-eye

• Locked thread