Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

maybe it's because he needs another color for his third natty ring.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Gotta think somebody is going to try to get NDSU's coach this offseason, especially since he's kept it going at NDSU while Bohl has flailed at Wyoming. So it's easy to buy that he was the source of their success all along.

I'm already thinking about who Houston should hire and this dude might work, I don't know.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Every time I find out Texas lost a game, I can picture Tom Herman's wife packing another box in their Houston house.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Herman's agent needs to tell him to get of the phone with him and back to the team to start winning some games before his price tag gets any lower.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

It's a way to drum up even more interest...now every middling P5 can afford to have their very own Tom Herman! In fact, he should take a leave of absence til maybe December so he can hit the road and really sell!

So he's all but out the door already, right? And our LB's are punching each other in the face and the whole team has collapsed in every aspect of the game because they see it coming?

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Lasagna Pilot posted:

At what point did you become convinced he was leaving, after the Big 12 expansion non-expansion decision?

If Korranus is like me, it was after the Navy game. Yes Navy is well disciplined/a good team/the weather was bad, but to me that game felt like the last game Sumlin pretended to coach for us. The Tulsa near-loss and this embarrassment versus SMU (not to mention our LB's getting into fistfights and breaking orbital bones) only underline that something is wrong behind the scenes.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Scarf posted:

Also, how likely is Houston's middling season going to affect Herman's marketability?

It might be hurting his price tag, but he'll still be gone after Thanksgiving.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I was under the impression given that number that they're going to try to poach someone from a good G5 school.

Regarding Herman, Houston's not good anymore.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Between Houston overachieving on Thursday and UT losing to Kansas in football, Texas is probably parachuting pallets of cash into Herman's backyard (mind the pool) right now.

I'm glad my fiancee and I are going to Memphis next week to see the last game of the Herman Era at Houston.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

Don't act like Strong being black has anything to do with him not getting more time. Anyone would get fired at Texas for having his record over 3 seasons and topping it off with a loss to 2016 Kansas.

I took that image to mean that Texas' next head coach is going to be a big fat white guy. Possibly Charlie Weiss.

Unless you guys send a few dump trucks of cheeseburgers to Herman's house along with the ones full of cash.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

Great, we're already loving this up. Who benefits from dragging this out, exactly?

It's going to take more than 24 hours to work out the details that will make Herman the god-king of Central Texas, that's all.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

Boy did I pick a good weekend to check out. Please don't make me hate LSU, Herman.

Looks like Todd Orlando is headed out the door too. His defense gave up more today than to Louisville AND Oklahoma? He wasn't trying.

Boy did I pick a good loving game to go to. And their fans suck - I was trolled by an old lady. At least I got some kick rear end pork ribs afterward.

Seriously, this felt like the last game Sumlin "coached" for us in 2011 only they eventually remembered how to put some points up on the board this time.

Oh well thanks for the memories Tom, it's too bad you couldn't bother to coach your last game.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Really not wanting Applewhite as OC

It'll be funny when Houston promotes him to HC and he gets one year under his belt before A&M fires Sumlin and comes calling. After a little soul searching about hiring a Longhorn, of course.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

Houston's looking into Art Briles. I wish I was kidding.

I'd much rather have Sumlin back. And I don't want Sumlin back.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Hey guys, I haven't been on the forums this weekend but I'm happy we're not going after Briles and I'd like to give a hell no to Miles and Kiffin. Well have a good week y'all.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

Per the UH beat guys too

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/806599745967968256

So, I guess it's Todd Orlando or Les.

Just curious, why so down on Applewhite? Because his play calling was so hit or miss this season, or is there more?

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Sucks to lose Orlando, but I feel better about Applewhite than the other options after Orlando.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Really all I want is for Todd Graham to be fired before RichRod.

And then for Graham to land at Texas A&M after they fire Sumlin.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

:stare: That's awful. Like Josh Nesbitt "hired because my name came up on a Google search" awful.

Maybe Applewhite's pulling a con job on Fertitta and UH here. Hire cheap crap coaches, go 4-8 or something in 2017, let Fertitta and UH fans go thermonuclear and fire him...and walk back to Tom Herman at Texas with $7.5 million in his pocket.

Same, what an awful hire. It was cool having a competent defense for a few years though.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

We hired a dude from Baylor named Casey Horny. We hired literally hired Coach Horny, from Baylor.

It's all about culture #1-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

TheGreyGhost posted:

I literally can't wait to see Herman lose his mind as his OC manages to destroy Buchele's footwork and probably get Ehlinger a concussion within a couple weeks from running him

It won't be a big deal because tons of players are going to get concussions in Herman's practices anyway.

• Locked thread