Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Texas would beat Rutgers by 20

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Texas lost to Kansas.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

yeah but Kansas would beat Rutgers by 40

All true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

All those great Urbz QBs at BG, Utah, and Florida were with Dan Mullen at OC and/or QB coach. Maybe he's the real brains behind those great QBs.

Alex Smith, Chris Leak, Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott. Dan Mullen has a pretty great list of college QBs he's coached in his career.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Mullen also coached Cam Newton.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

MourningView posted:

This seems a bit generous. especially when he though so little of him he refused to pay a fair market rate

:vince:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

That looks pretty good.

I'd put Mac at 5a if the team looks absolutely awful tomorrow. And it'll be red hot if we are a dumpster fire again next year.

New AD...maybe we will never hire another Saban assistant.

If they look lovely in their bowl game and suck next year then it's Chip Time. :getin:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Is Cal a good job? Obviously a good recruiting state and it's the best public school in America and all, but do they have big support for their football program? I think of Cal as more of a tier 2 job and I figure Chip would hold out and see what tier 1 jobs are available next season.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

lol, the AD at Oregon should have waited like three weeks and they could have had Chip back.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

dphi posted:

Chip wasn't coming back dude

Why not?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Lots of sex scandals at the Baptist college.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Glad for Petersen getting paid, good for him.

I love that Washington made out like bandits when they lost Sarkisian. They got their coach poached which ended up being great for them, since they dodged a bullet with all of Sarkisian's drama and ended up getting a better coach and making the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Korranus posted:

From a quick look, dude's now the highest-paid coach in the US. Even the pro sports, as if the FBS isn't one. He makes $4 million more than any player in the MLS.

Saban's pay is more on the level of European football than American football. Even then, depending on exchange rates he's anywhere from the tenth to fourth highest-paid coach in the world.

Crazy that he makes more than his mentor, Bill Belichick. I mean it seems crazy Belichick isn't the highest paid coach in American sports by a wide margin. I don't know too much about NFL rules but does the coach's salary count towards the salary cap?

MourningView posted:

Mississippi is 50th* and they ain't won poo poo, could be worse!

*Did not actually look this up but am still extremely confident it is true

Eh... Mississippi or West Virginia, works for both.

• Locked thread