Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

Whatever you do, make sure to make a skeleton pun like "roll them bones!" if we decide to roll at them in our barrel and bowl them over like ninepins.

Or "I guess you're boned!" (general application)

"I don't mean tibia bother!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If we get to the Captain's Ball section of the book make sure to say "Mind if I cut shin on this dance?!" to the Vice-Admiral and then stab them in the shins.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

poisonpill posted:

I am fully in favor of trying to court the Admiral's fiancée but we should have the elf's fancy hat to go with that cloak from later on if we want to be fashionable so let's attack the elves.

Yeah you really have to plan ahead pretty far in advance to have a decent chance of success.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

I hope we get to meet some super gay elf skeletons.

So you want us to meet some perfectly average elf skeletons?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Our opponent will have a combat score of 8-13, meaning that we need to spend a minimum of 3 Essence and roll a max of 6 to beat his minimum roll. So to even have a good chance we'll need to put in a full 5 to have a decent chance of winning. But we're young, dumb, and full of Essence, so let's do it!

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 30, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ChrisHansen posted:

If we need to, we can absorb the rat for 5 essence, right?

Yeah, in these kinds of books it's best to take risks early to get some good advantages and then become more cautious later.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

Attack! And be sure to say something witty like "here today, BONE tomorrow!" when you wallop him. Also take his weapon.

Weapons, armor, replacement bones, vocal cords for talking with... This guy is a treasure trove waiting to happen!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Obscil posted:

Loot both hippandros, but then loot only one of the guards. Also, replace our original body parts. Resurrect the last guard as a skeleton.

The bonus from having a pair of hippandro legs is pretty good, and having actual armor is nice as well.

This, plus eat the rat both to boost our Essence a bit and to open up another item slot.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

gannyGrabber posted:

Should go with 1 hipp leg and move on. Save our essence for later and make ourselves as lopsided and terrible as possible.

We only get the bonus of an extra hand with two legs.

What exactly does Union membership do for us again?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

it's necessary for one of the endings and also helpful wherever there are bunches of skellies around (for instance in Bilgeton).

Oh, right, thanks for the reminder! And just to be clear, it's only the number of limbs that matter, not their shape, correct?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is there a benefit to dual-wielding weapons? Take the sword either way, though, because you never know what sort of kooky thing these books might ask for.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hogge Wild posted:

Go to Bilgeton to see the Union guys, and we should also avoid combat for a while.

Seconded

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Equip Sword - The entire reason we spent the essence in the arm was to use it, after all.

Shears in Barrel - It makes every transplant cost 1 less, and that adds up!

Eat Rat - Sorry ratty, but as good of a friend you are you're a better health potion. Your sacrifice will (possibly) not be in vain!

As far the skele-gang, we should try to communicate with them in our native tongue; Skorse (skeleton + morse) Code. If the robed one is a fellow boney-bro then he'll understand and we can talk, if he isn't he'll be oblivious to the soft rattling of Skorse Code.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RandomPauI posted:

We can't play the union member in good standing card just after we had our union standing automatically revoked for using non-standard body parts.

Naw it's cool, OP double checked the rules and as long as we have the right number of limbs it doesn't matter what those limbs look like.

yeop, no more than 2 arms, 2 legs, one head, one torso. They don't care what those things belong to.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Ignore the bourgeois scum, rally to unionize our skeleton brethren! Together we shall rise up and seize the means of production of skeles!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hogge Wild posted:

challenge him into a game of riddles rap battle and bet your skeleguard

With our superior knowledge of bone-related rhymes we can't lose

Edit: the gently caress, auto-correct??

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 1, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Toughy posted:

Riddles, then shank him before he can answer, because it doesn't matter what he thinks

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Are his arms or skull particularly useful? Otherwise raise him.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Naw man that's not the right card this isn't the necromancer this is the Necromancer (Teen):

What print edition do you have? There were some pretty wild rule changes to try and streamline things in prints after second edition. Mine says:

quote:

Necromancer (Teen) Skull
Somehow this skull still has a bad case of acne despite having no skin left.
Novice's Channeling: The first minion you raise per encounter costs two (2) fewer points of essence.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blizzy_Cow posted:

So can we steal his sword?

It's difficult and leads to a very controversial ending where its revealed we are the skeleton of the bastard elf that was sent back in time to assassinate himself, thus creating a time paradox. It was universally panned by the fans at the time, but did spawn a few spinoffs.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Skull - Replaced

Staff - Equipped

Robe - Thrown in the fire
, because it is the garb of the oppressor.

And go rattle at the Old Lady.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blizzy_Cow posted:

I say we waltz in and seduce the witch with a one way ticket to bone town.

Got it in one

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

spacejew posted:

I find the whole unionized skeleton thing is so funny, blow a whistle and unionize skeletons.

The SWU is not a loving joke, spacejew, it is a serious organization dedicated to protecting the rights of skeleton workers everywhere.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

jmzero posted:

Surely we're going to fail at this unless we have some sort of trinket to give her or something?

We're gonna give her our boner

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Rattle her vagina

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
This witch had two sisters, guys, if we burn her they're gonna be pissed and want revenge. But if we get that cauldron she'll see we're a nice skeleton and give us a buff potion to make us not Decrepit and then we can bone her and her sisters and her aunt!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Staying overnight is a full recovery. It's the last time the game is nice to us.

yep and yep.

So as far as I can tell we'll stay overnight (on the couch), and set off in the morning to get a printer cauldron for Aethelweird, sound OK? This will mean ditching the union skeles but we still have our one follower.

The Union skeles can be trusted to make their own way, but be sure to give them their guilders back to pay their dues once they get to Bilgeton.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Raise: Cacodemon and Howler. They have Tags that'll be useful.

Leave: Dust devils. Because Devils are poo poo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

If we harvest everything we automatically win the first round and deal 5 damage.

Not quite. We still have to roll over their base Espirit score, we only stop our opponents from rolling any d6s for having Hands. And if we win, we don't deal five damage, we just make a free attack using a bonus 5 Espirit.

Still though, that's a pretty sweet deal.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Random Hajile posted:

What does the union have against facing to bloodshed?

Non-humanoid skeletons belong to the Giants, Abominations, Yugoloths, Basilisks, Oni, and Invisibles Union, or "G.A.Y.B.O.I." Union for short.

Edit:

Not to be confused with the Fungi, Ungulaters, Cockatrices, Krackens, Bodaks, Owlbears, and Irredeemables Guild.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 8, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Strike! Strike! Strike!

Let's look for some Scabs to rough up to get in the picketers' good graces.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

So in the next page we're getting into a group fight, the first one in the game. This game has rules for group combat which might be of some interest to the nerdier among you, do you want me to explain it when we get to the update or should I just tell you how it shook out?

I appreciate the series' Byzantine rule systems, and would appreciate a refresher.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kilo147 posted:

Hand the dues and poo poo over to the reps ASAP. Raise everyone.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Are we now no longer part of the SWU do to not having the proper number of limbs?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Leperflesh posted:

Just a reminder that we're really low on Esprit and will probably die if we have another serious encounter.

We should get the kobold priest to sniff our way out of the mine and then see if we can rest up somewhere.

Yep, these books love to trick genre-ignorant people into pushing their luck until they find themselves in unwinnable situations.

Head to the surface and resume our quest

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I can't play because I'm on mobile. :saddowns:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Poland Spring posted:

Seduce hardmod

"Where'd you get that hard bod, hardmod" is a seductive thing we could say

You know this adventure was really quite progressive for its time considering it allowed you to pursue bisexual relationships like this.

Also this is what we need to do

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

djwetmouse posted:

I think it was already established that the main character is female and possible a princess.

Your ultimate identity changes from ending to ending, which led to a lot of confusion. And a few spin-offs.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

gently caress the Union!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

> Negotiate a contract between OBU and Hardmod to repair and enhance his dungeon (including trap maintenance services)

I vote for this. Union forever.

• Locked thread