Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Hirayuki posted:

Tom Waits is responsible for both "Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends" and "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

That last one is from Dorothy Parker, iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Jedit posted:

It can't be directly translated, but the meaning is conveyed by "I hate people who use idioms. They should knock it off."

I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Abugadu posted:

That last one is from Dorothy Parker, iirc

I’m a loving moron because I thought it was just the title of a fall out boy song

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Kuiperdolin posted:

Two murderers have escaped from prison so police set road blocks on a perimeter. At one of them police men stop two Italians in a car. The Italians ask why they stopped them, the police man says we're looking for two murderers.

The Italians look at each other, then back at the police man and say : ok, we'll do it.

Thank you for this. I told this to my Italian mother and we had a real good laugh.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
What's the best place to weigh a pie?

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

Tom Waits is responsible for both "Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends" and "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

And the first one goes back to at least 1838.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
drat, I knew Tom Waits was an old gently caress but I didn't realize he was that old.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

(Fran Drescher voice, to the tune of Push It):

Oh Mister SHEFfield! M-Mister SHEFfield!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hyperlynx posted:

(Fran Drescher voice, to the tune of Push It):

Oh Mister SHEFfield! M-Mister SHEFfield!

I don't see how this is a joke, and yet I still laughed.

:golfclap:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't see how this is a joke, and yet I still laughed.

:golfclap:

:tipshat:

I honestly couldn't think of anywhere else to put it

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

:tipshat:

I honestly couldn't think of anywhere else to put it

That’s what he said

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

A joke of two cities:

Hvad er forskellen mellem Ringsted og Thisted?
Du kan ringe fra Ringsted til Thisted, men du ka ikke tisse fra Thisted til Ringsted.

What's the difference between Ringsted and Thisted?
You can make a call from Ringsted to Thisted, but you can't piss from Thisted to Ringsted

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Jeg er godt nok ikke Lars Larsen, men jeg kan godt få dig til at se dyner alligevel.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
I always say it's better to be a smart feller than a fart smeller

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

A while ago the aliens landed on Earth and decided to visit the pope.
The pope said: "I am here to represent Jesus Christ. Have you heard of him?"
"Yeah, Jesus, nice dude. We know him well. Nice you're friends too. Space is so small, really. Jesus is this friendly man who visits us every year to see if we're okay."
"What?" the pope says, "Jesus would return to Earth some time but we've been waiting for 2000 years and he's still not returned. And he visits you every year?"
"Yes", the alien leader says, "maybe it's because our chocolate is much better than yours."
The pope replies: "What has chocolate got to do with it?"
"Well," says the alien, "when Jesus visited our world for the first time, we gave him a box of our best chocolates. What did you guys give him?"

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Thought of this while falling asleep, sorry in advance

Who helped marry Word and Excel?

Microsoft Officiant

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Can you imagine if a species of fruit existed that was yellow, curved, and peelable? That would be bananas.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
An old married couple die within seconds of each other. As they meet again at the pearly gates, they get a go-ahead to spend their eternity together. However, as they pass St Pete, they ask a question.

"Since our wedding vows claimed that it was until death did us part, are we able to have a second wedding here in heaven?"

St Pete blinks, tells them he'll ask, and ushers them on their way.

An incredibly long time later, he meets up with them again and confirms, yes, they can have a second wedding.

"Oh, that's great news! But we've been thinking, what if we meet someone better suited? Like actual soulmates or the like. Would it be possible to get an amicable divorce?"

St Pete turns tomato-red and starts screaming, bellowing, blasting them with curses for how cruelly they're treating him and how little they realised he suffered.

"Calm down, calm down, what's got you so upset?" They ask him.

"A Divorce, godsdamnit!" he shouts, "After your wedding question it took me three months to find a priest up here, you have any idea how long it's going to take to find a loving lawyer!?"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Somewhere the lock picking lawyer prepares for the ultimate video.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Splicer posted:

Somewhere the lock picking lawyer prepares for the ultimate video.

imagine clickspring building a vulva and then the lockpicking lawyer getting in there

:yeshaha:

this is my joke: two precolumbian south americans space docking because potatoes etc you get it

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy posted:

drat, I knew Tom Waits was an old gently caress but I didn't realize he was that old.

Tom Waits for no man.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Carthag Tuek posted:

imagine clickspring building a vulva and then the lockpicking lawyer getting in there

:yeshaha:

this is my joke: two precolumbian south americans space docking because potatoes etc you get it

... I do? :(

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

egg_dog posted:

Tom Waits for no man.
Alternatively:

https://youtu.be/hHa8LhCHkTI

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Why do vampires never have pregnancy scares?

They can't come inside without a direct invitation.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Lance Boyle, dermatologist."

Made that up during a particularly painful trip to the hospital, but it has to exist already.

His office is in the building as Drew Blood's hematology clinic

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

And the apparently real Dr. A. Cockburn, urologist.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theres also Dr. Kid (née Stone) nephrologist.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Did you hear about the cross-eyed mohel?

He got the sack.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

How big do you have to be to carry Rick Astley?

Big enough to not let him down, not so big that you can run around.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
inspired by Fauxton in the Bitcoin (or Tesla - I forget) thread

Did you hear about the latest Crypto Cyber attack? They send you an NFT of an animated horses head. When you interact with it in your wallet it drains your crypto. Just goes to show, you shouldn't look a .GIF horse in the mouth.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
did you hear about the neurotic rastafarian?

he had existential dreads

dee eight has a new favorite as of 16:43 on Sep 14, 2022

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
What's a racist Disney fan's least favorite font?

Arial Black.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Zemyla posted:

What's a racist Disney fan's least favorite font?

Arial Black.

:stare:

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Where does Pete Davidson like to take Kim K's kids to?

Cucky Yeeze

(credit to neato burrito for the punchline of course)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

WarpedNaba posted:

An old married couple die within seconds of each other. As they meet again at the pearly gates, they get a go-ahead to spend their eternity together. However, as they pass St Pete, they ask a question.

"Since our wedding vows claimed that it was until death did us part, are we able to have a second wedding here in heaven?"

St Pete blinks, tells them he'll ask, and ushers them on their way.

An incredibly long time later, he meets up with them again and confirms, yes, they can have a second wedding.

"Oh, that's great news! But we've been thinking, what if we meet someone better suited? Like actual soulmates or the like. Would it be possible to get an amicable divorce?"

St Pete turns tomato-red and starts screaming, bellowing, blasting them with curses for how cruelly they're treating him and how little they realised he suffered.

"Calm down, calm down, what's got you so upset?" They ask him.

"A Divorce, godsdamnit!" he shouts, "After your wedding question it took me three months to find a priest up here, you have any idea how long it's going to take to find a loving lawyer!?"

A similar joke to this. (The one I will tell is about cricket, but you can use whatever sport you are best aquainted with).

God and the Devil are having their weekly Thursday afternoon chat over tea and biscuits. And somehow the topic of sports comes up. The Devil suggests that they have a nice friendly game of cricket between Heaven and Hell.
God says "Sure. But I have to warn you, we will clearly win. I mean, we have all the greats up here, WG Grace, Bradman, Keith Miller, Ranjitsinjhi, Rodney Marsh etc. There is no way you can beat us."
The Devil replies with "That may be true, but I have all the Umpires."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

Where does Pete Davidson like to take Kim K's kids to?

Cucky Yeeze

(credit to neato burrito for the punchline of course)

With West being dropped by Gap and Adidas it really looks like a case of...

Yeezy come, Yeezy go.

(Someone else came up with this, too. However, my brain is trash and I cannot recall whom)

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Ever hear about the guy who left his homeland in China and moved to Mazatlán in order to practice Voodoo?

He was a Sino-Loan Sinaloan.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

What do you call a double-jointed turtle?

A contortoise

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Did you hear about the guinea pig who had to stay home for several days due to laryngitis? He had a pretty quiet wheek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

What do you get if you cross a speedrunner with a drag queen?

Sequins breaks