Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Getting enraged by things that don't concern you is a fundamental human problem that I hope to see go away someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

I have a feeling he was enraged that he himself wasn't kissing a man, but that's just my hunch.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I'm really loving tired of the Pray for XXX Victims thing starting up already. Your loving religions are what oppresses us all over the world. At best you want LGBT people changed, at worst you want us dead.

Also, what a revealingly impotent response.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Rip Testes posted:

watching NBC it says 50 dead, 53 injured.

Jesus.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

greatn posted:

What, like, he didn't know gay people existed until suddenly he witnessed this?

There's evangelicals kids I grew up with where this was the case until they found themselves in DC during a pride march. Religious-enough parents absolutely still can put that bubble up with all the things like homeschooling that are available to them

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

McAlister posted:

Still got Sunday before I'm back on my 9 hour day with 45 min each way commute. Is there one other topic that a research dump could potentially lighten your spirits on?

Obviously really late reply, but I was never really big on the email thing. One of my other, usually relatively well-informed friends thought it had traction though so I didn't think much of it because I really wanted Bernie to pull through.

As soon as the Obama endorsement dropped I knew it was over and already started mentally preparing myself for Madame President Hillary Clinton against Trump.

gently caress this mass shooting garbage, last night I was excited because an openly gay, married candidate in Florida revealed he has HIV and wants to help people with the disease, now I wake up and 20 gay people were murdered for no loving reason. gently caress the world. :suicide:

Edit: holy gently caress the number went up really fast since I last checked the news. loving Christ.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Lieutenant Governor of Texas has weighed in!

https://twitter.com/DanPatrick/status/741963306294902785

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I didn't realize new info came out about that case. Still, violence against LGBT people by Christians isn't exactly rare in the US and the Target I work at has been told be on alert over threats of gun violence linked to the bathroom policy a few weeks ago so it's not like that was the only example linked to Target even.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

JonathonSpectre posted:

I have a feeling he was enraged that he himself wasn't kissing a man, but that's just my hunch.

That's really gross. You're basically turning the victim into their own murderer.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I really hope Omar Mateen burns in hell for what he had done, loving animal piece of poo poo.

Also what kind of cave troll is born and raised in the US for 29 years and only two weeks ago realizes that men kiss?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

greatn posted:

God drat it. Is that the biggest mass shooting in American history?

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/742000121525723137

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

What a piece of poo poo.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

FourLeaf posted:

Your loving religions are what oppresses us all over the world. At best you want LGBT people changed, at worst you want us dead.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FourLeaf posted:

I'm really loving tired of the Pray for XXX Victims thing starting up already. Your loving religions are what oppresses us all over the world. At best you want LGBT people changed, at worst you want us dead.

Also, what a revealingly impotent response.

There are Christians who support gay rights. :( My church's pastor is a married lesbian woman, and we're down here in a different part of Florida. Sermon this morning was all about the shooting and we're already putting together a donation fund for the families of the victims.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Did this guy have a loving RPG or something how the hell do you kill/hospitalize 103 people?

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope

Luigi Thirty posted:

Wtf...is this piece of poo poo saying what I think he's saying?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Did this guy have a loving RPG or something how the hell do you kill/hospitalize 103 people?
Lots of bullets and a dark, crowded place where no one knows where to run to to escape, I think.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Walka Blocka Shame posted:

Looks that way to me.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

What an absolute piece of poo poo.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Walka Blocka Shame posted:

It could just be an automated thing based on the timestamp. Like a really, really awful version of that one Garfield Veteran's Day strip.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

with four thirty round clips. They said he had an AR-15, or similar, weapon

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

I really hope Omar Mateen burns in hell for what he had done, loving animal piece of poo poo.

Also what kind of cave troll is born and raised in the US for 29 years and only two weeks ago realizes that men kiss?

Thin-Skinned Muslim men. Did you know that I had just read about the murder of Farkhunda in Kabul last year when I heard about this?

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I would have to guess/assume that, because it was posted exactly at 8 AM and the next tweet was "Have a blessed day!" and seems unaware, that it was just a scheduled tweet from his office, and no one has yet realized that it is super super poorly timed. Someone of that level of politics may be a piece of poo poo, but they're not going to say "HA HA GOOD!" after something like this.

e: Beaten

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Have you guys never been to a crowded club before?
Guarantee you that he took aim at the dance floor and fired in an arc.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If the shooter was radicalized, its the 4th Islamic terror attack in the US since the start of 2015.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Cythereal posted:

There are Christians who support gay rights. :( My church's pastor is a married lesbian woman, and we're down here in a different part of Florida. Sermon this morning was all about the shooting and we're already putting together a donation fund for the families of the victims.

Sorry I'm just very angry and bitter right now. Because of violence like this, plus my family's church is pretty much the exact opposite of yours.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

AR-15 with multiple clips in that close of quarters from the look of it. But but but this is America and we NEED our AR-15s to protect against the--*loudly shits self*

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Al-Saqr posted:

Sounds like a straight up lie to me. Unless it comes out that the guys family kept him in a literal religious compound that had been ignored by the state since birth.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Arkane posted:

If the shooter was radicalized, its the 4th Islamic terror attack in the US since the start of 2015.

gently caress off

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FourLeaf posted:

Sorry I'm just very angry and bitter right now. Because of violence like this, plus my family's church is pretty much the exact opposite of yours.

I understand completely. poo poo like this - if the shooter wasn't Christian, then the Evangelical Right's reaction to this - is why I hate the Evangelical Right.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This guy was 120 miles away from the Orlando area so did he deliberately target the largest gay club he could find?

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

emdash posted:

gently caress off

Yeah gently caress him for posting a fact. Not in MY D&D!

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It could just be an automated thing based on the timestamp. Like a really, really awful version of that one Garfield Veteran's Day strip.

I went back through his Twitter history to check. He does occasionally tweet one of those with the caption "Have a Blessed Sunday," but it's not every Sunday and he put out one of those later this morning too. If it was a coincidence, it was a first-time coincidence (and he hasn't made any move toward correcting the error if there was one).

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Goddamn I really shouldn't have gone to Reddit this morning. Nothing but /r/The_Donald posts utterly giddy about the shooting.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Marc Rubio is on CNN right now running his loving mouth

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

nachos posted:

This guy was 120 miles away from the Orlando area so did he deliberately target the largest gay club he could find?

Probably. Orlando is well-known for being the most gay-friendly city in Florida, and it's Pride Week there. Hell, I've driven past Pulse a few times.

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope

SgtScruffy posted:

I would have to guess/assume that, because it was posted exactly at 8 AM and the next tweet was "Have a blessed day!" and seems unaware, that it was just a scheduled tweet from his office, and no one has yet realized that it is super super poorly timed. Someone of that level of politics may be a piece of poo poo, but they're not going to say "HA HA GOOD!" after something like this.

e: Beaten

Yeah, I'm going to have to give him a temporary benefit of the doubt. I know he's an a-hole but that's pretty extreme if intentional.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Nightclub was at capacity -- it's Pride Week. Situations like that are what the phrase " like shooting fish in a barrel" refers to. I a crowd like that, with a rifle each round is probably going to hit multiple people.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

Yeah gently caress him for posting a fact. Not in MY D&D!

yeah that's all it was, it was nothing to do with immediately politicizing a tragedy so he can feel justified about wanting to oppress brown people worldwide. are you new to arkane or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

FCKGW posted:

Goddamn I really shouldn't have gone to Reddit this morning. Nothing but /r/The_Donald posts utterly giddy about the shooting.

You should never go to reddit.

Or at the very least never go on the public defaults/catchall pages.

• Locked thread