Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
That speech is just Hillary Clinton roasting Donald Trump. Also, though a clever dig at Vladimir Putin and calling him a dictator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

He hosed up by not limiting his spree to 12 hours.

Also this is hosed up.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I would straight up campaign for Clinton if she picked Tom Perez as VP.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Tom Perez is amazing what I am saying.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Here's a video of Tom Perez speaking he's pretty passionate guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byV_O_6C0gU

Here's a crazy long video of him speaking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-vB301b-lY

He's really friendly has a great personality.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 3, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

Oh yeah I remember the pages and pages of cheerleading of violence against Trump supporters.

Only violent rhetoric here is calling for lining up predatory bankers and we're only half serious. Some 3/4.

100% of the time.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Tom Perez would also be awesome because we could get 24 years of progressive candidates for President. He could totally run in 2024 after our 8 years of Hillary.

How amazing would that be!

I don't think he'd polarize voters more than Trump already has.

I still want Trumps VP nominee to be Gingrich though.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 3, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

If the Republican primary debates are any indication the actual debates should have record breaking numbers. Trump draws really big ratings so I won't be surprised if the debates are watched by 100+ million people.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

https://twitter.com/DeepDrumpf/status/715029883164958721

e: Now I realize I can't tell the difference between the real Trump, a AI, or a cenobite

Would unironically vote for Deep Drumpf as a exercise in masochism. At this point does anything really matter.

Donald Trump and Hillary are running for president.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I feel I have not been accurately portrayed in film.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

There is value to mandatory civil service, but not really in the way anyone here has remotely described it.

Of course there is value it's free labor!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We all know by now that Hillary is having a huge event in New York tomorrow to celebrate the nomination. But at least one source reports that she will be accompanied by none other than B-Rock the Islamic Shock himself.

I can't loving wait.

I know it won't and probably constitutionally can't happen but lol forever if Hillary gives Obama the VP nod.

I don't think that can actually legitimately happen.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

ErIog posted:

The definition of lynching in the criminal code at the time was removing someone from police custody. The more :psyduck: example cited in that article, though, is a protester that was almost accused of "lynching herself," by screaming "help" during a police raid.

Apparently she is the first African American accused of this crime. I mean they have basically destroyed her name because no one actually knows that lynching does not mean hanging someone to death under Californian Code. So in the public's eye she is accused of hanging someone.

It's loving racist bullshit

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

PC 405a isn't called "lynching" though. She literally wasn't convicted of lynching, the word doesn't appear in the penal code, on the charge sheet, or on her criminal record. The only people still calling it lynching are people looking to score "isn't it ironic that a black woman was convicted under a statute enacted as a result of extrajudicial violence against blacks?" points (even though the original impetus behind California's lynching law was the lynching of two white men.)

VVVV It's literally in the original article, if people bothered to read past the headline, but Victoria M. Massie sure buried the lede on that one.

Christ I even read the article and didn't see that. I mean I saw the governor removed it but I thought that was after the fact. This makes it even worse.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The lighting on her makes it look like she's been green screened in.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

This is Bernie Sanders last gasp so pretty sure he's gonna hold on as tight as his arthritic fingers can.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

99% of all Hillary Clintons own a refrigerator

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Pulled over by a cop who suspects you of drug trafficking, but don't have a ton of cash in the car? Oklahoma will now gladly seize the contents of the bank accounts associated with your debit cards instead!

Well this part is terrifying

It shows the state is paying ERAD Group Inc., $5,000 for the software and scanners, then 7.7 percent of all the cash the highway patrol seizes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Huh David Copperfield is worth 800 million dollars. Holy poo poo. Also, his shows are awesome.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hey I know I stole your car but the Pope says it's okay.

What the gently caress, you kidnapped someone in a foreign country, admit that it was illegal and then flee then wish to not go to prison?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Meanwhile in Puerto Rico ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/health/zika-virus-puerto-rico.html?_r=3&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

quote:

A quarter of the island’s 3.5 million people will probably get the Zika virus within a year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and eventually 80 percent or more may be infected.

“I’m very concerned,” Dr. Thomas R. Frieden, the C.D.C. director, said in an interview after a recent three-day visit to Puerto Rico. “There could be thousands of infections of pregnant women this year.”

And of Course...

quote:

The C.D.C. has a permanent lab on the island, and is importing staff and equipment to do 100,000 blood tests a year, five times as many as it can do now. The agency has committed $25 million to the fight and has asked Congress for $225 million more as part of President Obama’s $1.8 billion Zika package, now stalled in Congress.

I cannot imagine a situation where 80% of the population is infected with this disease , holy poo poo.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Oh god no not flag chat.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Grognan posted:

I'm not a republican but I do like the people I am trusting to run the government with my vote actually are accountable with FOIA requests and all. I would hate to wake up and find a Nixon breaking the rules.

I have bad news for you about FOIA...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

If 80% of the population of Puerto Rico got Zika I'm pretty sure in 30 years there'd just be tumble weeds all over Puerto Rico.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

AT this rate that's going to happen anyway and it'll only be ten.

Sad but true.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Frank Miller has always been crazier than a poo poo house rat. He didn't need 9/11 to push him over the edge he'd have gladly jumped off it on his own by now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

McAlister posted:

Thanks all for reading.

Makes me feel like all the research I've done wasn't a complete waste of time.

It's to bad that you and Joementum will have to fight to the death.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Welp

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-adult-diaper-store-controversy-0610-biz-20160609-story.html

quote:

"We all don't think this type of business is appropriate for a brick-and-mortar store in this business district," said Pat O'Donnell. "That being said, the village has approved them and therefore we have to let the village handle it."

"Our concern is how the village will ensure that this business won't be detrimental to us as residents and business owners," added Anne O'Donnell.

To those who object to his business, Williams points out the storefront had been empty for several years and he will be adding tax revenue to Mount Prospect's coffers.

Despite controversy, Williams said he has no plans to leave. "I honestly don't think there's a need to move," he said.

Cassady said Mount Prospect plans to amend its zoning ordinance so unique uses such as Tykables participate in a public hearing process before being approved for a business license.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Nothing would make me happier than watching Paul Ryan stepping down as SoH after only a few months.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Don't rush to judgement this didn't have anything to do with it being a gay nightclub and further more...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Marc Rubio is on CNN right now running his loving mouth

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It sounds like he was shot at outside the club, then ran inside, then the police went in 3 hours later?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

CNN guy is claiming that the shooter pledged himself to ISIL.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Oh YOU SON OF A BITCH DONT YOU SAY HYPHENATED AMERICAN.

loving shithead on CNN.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I see that Rick Scott is in a cosplay competition against James Carville for who does the best live action Skeletor.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

James Carville jogged in front of a streetcar on St Charles ave that I was riding causing the driver to slam on the brakes so I yelled "SKELETOR!" out the window. He looked back and seemed pretty pissed. So he at least acknowledges the nickname.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

James Carville is a extreme loving weirdo btw. Went to my friends restaurant orderd a fried seafood platter and a empty plate then meticously peeled off all breading from his shrimp and fish then put it on the empty plate.

loving weirdo.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Rick Scott " Our state works to stop discrimination"

Hrmmmm

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Koirhor posted:

I find it ironic with the Afghan angle since aren't they all raping young boys back home

It s considered not gay if you are the giver in some of those countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Joementum posted:

Warren Davidson (R-OH) was sworn in to Congress today. He's announced he's joining the House Freedom Caucus.

He represents John Boehner's district and is filling the seat Boehner made vacant when he resigned.

Hahahaha this is so loving great.

• Locked thread