Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played the Witcher 2 at 600x480, minimum settings on every graphical feature and still got around 15 to 20 FPS. I don't know how I ever lived through that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C-Euro posted:

How does 1 hold up? I've been sitting on a copy of that forever and never felt like I had the time to devote to it. People seem to love these games but I dunno if my laptop can run 3.

1 has runescape style combat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I don't know what Runescape is so I don't know if this is good or bad. Probably bad if you're saying it like that.

You left click on dudes and watch Geralt swing his sword around like a ninny and numbers periodically pop up. I stopped playing at 5 minutes but apparently the game is like 60 hours long. 2 and 3 are much more active, even if Im still not a fan of how they feel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I started this game and it was really cool but I never finished it. I'll probably play it in 6 months when I've finished Dark Souls 1. Slow gaming ftw

I've been playing the new fire emblem for like 3 months, doing a chapter every once in a while, it's cool to take it easy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

whats the witcher 3 gameplay like?

3rd person action with spells and sword moves, and potions and stuff. I've only played 2 which was clunky and boring but m it seems like 3's is better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dukberry posted:

This game is easily the greatest game of all time, including the future, but gwent is trash for idiots and should be replaced by interactive pissing contests between Geralt of Rivia and his oponents

I'd like a little more substance here Dukberry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think dragon quest VIII is the best quest of all time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Great Joe posted:

Aquaria and Majora's Mask had fun swimming.

Majora's mask is probably the most fun swimming in a game. I'm also a fan of super Mario world's swimming levels but it's low on the tier of Mario levels I'd like to play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that's only in bethesda aka Badthesda games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alpha protocol had a cool system because it wasn't morality based, just relationship driven, and no matter what you did you got perks that boosted your play style. Wish somebody would revisit that system with better gameplay

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I sided with Caesar when I played NV, and then assassinated him by pretending to botch his brain surgery and took over his army. There was a lot of cool options in that game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the most technically impressive looking game to me is SMB3, because you look at what else came out on NES and it's like, drat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it the same redhead from 2? That's the only thing I remember from that game, is that after you beat the big climatic act 1 boss Geralt and her fall down a hole into a beautifully hidden underground grotto and start loving for no reason

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, and imagine if it decided to try goring you with those antlers - I dare say it'll do more damage than a punch! That hunter is either very brave, or very stupid
Such a good .gif though hahah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Ransoming design documents for a video game is pretty cyberpunk

Haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Is it worth playing the witcher games in order?

Witcher 1 has Runescape combat and is 50 horus long

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

its like the gaming equivalent of asking whats the deal with airline food but in all seriousness what game has cool underwater sections? even in games where they're tolerable like mario 64 and bayonetta they're still arguably some of the weakest points.

I've enjoyed a lot of Metroid Underwater levels, especially because they have you traverse them with and without the Gravity Suit equivalent, and on the return trip you feel like goku with the training weights falling off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

funny screenshot of the witcher 3 i saw in fyad

Lol

• Locked thread