Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I played several hours of 3 last August and stopped when MGSV came out. I just got the first two books the other day and I'm going to read those before I get back into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Has anybody here played the Witcher Adventure Game? How is it?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Timed exclusive I think?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I just read the first Witcher book, The Last Wish, which is basically a collection of short stories with a frame story around them. They were all pretty good, but looking back I find it funny that Geralt never actually kills any monsters in any of them

e: nvm I just remembered he does in one of them, but only after being helped

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That's Triss yeah

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, and imagine if it decided to try goring you with those antlers - I dare say it'll do more damage than a punch! That hunter is either very brave, or very stupid
Such a good .gif though hahah

It's a good gif

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Gamer With Dignity posted:

the witcher 3 is a great game if you love soap operas

at the date posted:

It's only a strange and cretinous minority of Witcher 3 players that insists on playing the game like it's a Bioware RPG whose only meaningful choice is which peppy bisexual party member you bang. True connoisseurs of CD Projekt Red's oeuvre relish even the subtlest narrative flourishes of their magnum opus, such as the little-known side quest wherein its protagonist "Geralt" finds a note on the beach and must swim to a chest located a short distance from shore in order to retrieve the priceless treasure to which the note refers.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

at launch there was an exploit where you could slaughter infinitely respawning cows in White Orchard for their hides and make infinite money. when they addressed it in a patch , the notes just said "Added Bovine Defense Force Initiative" and now a massive overleveled Chort shows up and murders you if you kill too many cows. Also in one of the expansions if you're holding too much money a tax collector shows up and accuses you of "engaging in illegal rawhide trade in the white orchard reigon" or something lol

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

Also....... 🤔🤔

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/872840969795899394

I hope I can be an honorable enough gamer not to look. But temptation is strong

I'm near certain this is an ARG.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

You better pay us or we'll... spoil the upcoming season of Orange is the New Black ohhhhhhh noooo lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I saw someone was asking for a quick beginner's tip for this game, and I have some pretty good ones:

-Make SURE that you gather as many Ghoul Snouts as you can before completing the Black Knight's Challenge side quest- if you have less than thirty on your person, you'll be locked out of the quest's REAL ending
-If you find any letters, books, Lore material etc. DO NOT READ THEM! You'll get a silver achievement at the end of the game if you don't read anything
-When the QTE to kill your father at the end of the first act comes up, don't do it immediately, wait for him to finish speaking. Makes the scene a lot more emotional and tense
-When you get to the Aurora Valley region part way through act 2 you'll find three griffons in a canyon immediately to the south, a red, green, and yellow one. Kill them in the following order- Green-Yellow-Red. You will be immediately transported to the final boss and skip the bulk of the game entirely.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Die.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The confessions thread got archived so I may as well say it here, I bought the TW3 strategy guide just for its Gwent section.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYa6QAMAoUU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

its like the gaming equivalent of asking whats the deal with airline food but in all seriousness what game has cool underwater sections? even in games where they're tolerable like mario 64 and bayonetta they're still arguably some of the weakest points.

The Thunderball-style scuba combat level in Call of Duty: Ghosts was the best one

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

e: oops, mixup

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I decided to play all the games instead of skipping to 3. I expected the first game to be super janky but it's not that bad- Chap. 1 is kind of rough because you have to walk up and down the same long road over and over but Chap. 2 is a huge improvement so far, with more little dungeons and neat monsters to fight.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm almost to Chap. 3 and yeah, the game gets much more enjoyable but it's no wonder I couldn't get into it sooner.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Controllers are almost always preferable for third person games IMHO

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That bullshit with the Kikimore Queen almost made me skip straight to the second game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/alexdnz/status/936374738993209344

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

funny screenshot of the witcher 3 i saw in fyad

Geralt: Whoa, watch it Roach... Another group of drowners up ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

I like in-game gwent more than the stand alone version. It’s rad that they turned it into a full game, but it isn’t nearly as fun as the original sidegame.

This seems to be the general consensus, more or less.

• Locked thread