Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pontius Pilate posted:

So I read a bit too many of your posts from three years ago and saw you asked about Chicago and mtgcardmarket (rip). You still in Chicago? If so, we should cube or play gay dead legacy or something.

Whatever happened to mtgcardmarket? I think the last I heard about them they bought out some guys who used to stream locals in Chicago or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Tundra decks are getting so much love in the upcoming set. I'm looking forward to rounds going 10 minutes past time again. :bang:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

New narset is such a bitch to deal with if you are playing blue decks that don't play blast.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Time posted:

miracles has been getting beat pretty badly by the 50% karn post meta online. maybe the thought is just to force their lattice and land your own before they go over the top of you? I dont play miracles someone else can weigh in

I wonder if the karn post meta will finally get miracles to actually cards that do things in their decks.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it's extremely cool, and good, that honest green mages are getting their sylvan libraries turned off by the miracles menace

It's only fitting that the 2nd best cantrip hoser they've printed is mono blue. First being chalice ofc.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Nobody:

WOTC:
You know what blue in eternal formats really needed? A timetwister.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

suicidesteve posted:

Nothing has ever made me want to play it less. Now instead of a pseudo-planeswalker fueling every midrange trash pile, it's an actual planeswalker.

It rules that the card is RG and that's not even a problem for blue decks to splash for it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Supreme blue is back!!!

I think one of my favorite moments of him testing this deck was when he had all his terminuses stuck in his hand and didn't have the white sources or brainstorms to put them back into his deck.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I think if you're going for an oracle gameplan you might as well be playing some variant of doomsday. I think it's the best deck in the format right now. There was someone who cut all the doomsdays from their list, and played Divining Witches instead managed to top 8 a couple of challeneges.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.bluestew.net/

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/february-15-2021-banned-and-restricted-announcement?x=iazoidrnet

quote:

Legacy:

Arcum's Astrolabe is banned.

Dreadhorde Arcanist is banned.

Oko, Thief of Crowns is banned.

Looks like I can start sleeving up SFM again.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

TheKingofSprings posted:

Because as good as Brainstorm is it doesn’t invalidate every single creature and artifact that costs more than 2 without providing immediate value all the time forever

How is this the fault of oko though? Cards like delver, snapcaster, strix, and the now banned drs have completely changed the floor for what similar cards of their cmc should be. Even something like dark confidant is no longer a playable card.

It seems to me what the 2020 cards really showed is how much of a gap exists between nonblue and blue and how easy it is for blue decks to completely take over.

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t think anyone is saying cantrips are bad, or not that powerful, or don’t decide even the majority of Legacy games, but none of that is out of line with the way Magic cards typically behave. Oko is a unique outlier because he simultaneously the best threat and the best removal in the format that also protects itself. There really isn’t another card in Legacy on Oko’s power level, not even close, in terms of one card’s impact on both individual games and the format as a whole.

Lmao, legacy has had a planeswalker to do this since worldwake.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

There were a lot of board states where if you didn't have a blast or a full board of creatures to kill JTMS he just wasn't dying and you felt like you had lost the game from there.

I'm not defending oko, I think that all planeswalkers are bad and are a mistake.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I don't think any archetypes really benefit tbh, there aren't many archetypes that are playing 4 duals outside of infect.

If there is some shockland type mechanic involved it probably replaces some number of useas in UB shadow.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Anuraag Das is pretty good, although I think his stuff is split between CFB and his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?anzidmtg

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

kalel posted:

and pyroblast and wasteland and hogaak and bridge from below and swords to plowshares and dark depths and uro and simian spirit guide and Tabernacle and gaea's cradle and the duals and led and city of traitors and ancient tomb and force of will and daze and didgeridoo and and and

Do those cards define the format better than brainstorm? O_o

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

That card sucks, play this one instead.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ilmucche posted:

Don't forget cloudpo- ahahaha

Cloudpost is okay, Tony seems to do well with it on MTGO.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ilmucche posted:

Legacy is fun though

this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

czech pile it was pleasure playing you once again 🫡

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ilmucche posted:

Every now and then I get blue decks with choke the same way. Feels good

Back when Sylvan Plug was a thing I used to used to do this to all the miracles players. It rocked.